Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:30:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Quote from: icehaven on April 17, 2019, 11:17:07 PM
Tarzan and The Jungle book are separate things, and Tarzan isn't Mowgli grown up.

That's Dr Doolittle.

Twit 2

Madagascar isn't a documentary about the drink-driving offences of Paul Gascoigne.

touchingcloth

The Aldi they have in some parts of Europe is different to the Aldi in the UK. The Lidls are all the same, however.

Replies From View

Aldi is a supermarket type place and not one of these Halfords ones.

Why does Aldi have a logo that makes the smell of diesel happen?

Gregory Torso

If you work in Aldi part of your contract is you have to serve a certain number of customers per hour which is why they have really fast conveyor belts that fire all of your shopping out through the windows into the carpark.

touchingcloth

No matter how many times I barbecue, the length of time it takes from lighting to be ready to cook on is longer than a) I remember or b) is reasonable.

olliebean

Not sure how obvious this is, but a porpoise is literally a pig fish.

Twed

touchingcloth

Quote from: Twed on April 19, 2019, 10:29:57 PM
Indiana Jones is a George Lucas thing.

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 15, 2019, 12:45:29 AM
The Indiana Jones films weren't directed by George Lucas.

Quote from: Twit 2 on March 15, 2019, 01:00:23 AM
Of course not, that's why they're good. He didn't even write the scripts, just the stories. And even then, if you read into the pre-production histories Spielberg was constantly having to turn down his stupid ideas.

touchingcloth

One from me in the wake of Lorraine Warren's sad passing: Amityville is on Long Island, not tucked away in the South.

Twed

So I like to imagine Lucas's'ss' contributions were "There is a man"

Twit 2

Not even that, he probably wanted Indiana Jones to be an ironing board.

touchingcloth

"There is a man with a hat and a whip. Perhaps he's a sailor, perhaps he's something else e.g. an orthodontist."

Twed

buzby

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 19, 2019, 10:50:35 PM
"There is a man with a hat and a whip. Perhaps he's a sailor, perhaps he's something else e.g. an orthodontist."
or a ephebophile.

touchingcloth

"Maybe something about Nazis. I like Nazis and am in fact a Nazi myself."

touchingcloth

St_Eddie

I keep experiencing an urge to type "well... duh!" but then I read the title of the thread and I think 'fair play'.

Sebastian Cobb

When you go to a bar and they do that thing where they put a napkin under your glass it's not a 'classy' touch. They just can't be arsed wiping the table.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 20, 2019, 02:44:38 PM
When you go to a bar and they do that thing where they put a napkin under your glass it's not a 'classy' touch. They just can't be arsed wiping the table.

Well... duh!  Fair play.

Absorb the anus burn

Nice biscuits are not just biscuits that are nice, but pronounced 'niece' and named after a French city.

40+ years of labouring under a fallacy.

Oops.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on April 20, 2019, 03:04:38 PM
Nice biscuits are not just biscuits that are nice, but pronounced 'niece' and named after a French city.

40+ years of labouring under a fallacy.

Oops.

they're also really mediocre biscuits.

*QI BUZZER GOES OFF*

Nice biscuits have nothing to do with the place Nice. People in Nice haven't even heard of them.

Sebastian Cobb

Also, they're worse than digestives, which are basically the benchmark 'ok' biscuit.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 20, 2019, 03:07:57 PM
they're also really mediocre biscuits.

'Mediocre Biscuits' was rejected by the PR people for being... well, mediocre.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: thecuriousorange on April 20, 2019, 03:14:38 PM
*QI BUZZER GOES OFF*

Nice biscuits have nothing to do with the place Nice. People in Nice haven't even heard of them.

The same applies to Maryland Cookies.  People in Maryland have never heard of them.  Maryland isn't famous for making a special kind of cookie, it's a brand name.

St_Eddie

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on April 20, 2019, 04:06:30 PM
The same applies to Maryland Cookies.  People in Maryland have never heard of them.  Maryland isn't famous for making a special kind of cookie, it's a brand name.

THE COOKIES HAVE LIED TO ME!!!

NoSleep

St_Eddie

Quote from: NoSleep on April 20, 2019, 05:21:59 PM
Digestive biscuits don't digest anything.

When you stop and think about it, 'digestive' is a vile name for a biscuit.  Gut Biscuits.