Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:27:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: alan nagsworth on May 13, 2019, 11:06:53 AM
Even if you covered an entire windowsill in rice it wouldn't take all night to count it. It wouldn't even take more than a couple of hours. Plus it's something you can do extremely quietly so as not to disturb the victim. Just get some of that mosquito net stuff instead.

Mate people in the past were fucking stupid

Anyone who counts a large sum of rice by hand is a fucking idiot. Count out a nominal amout of grains, 100 or a thousand or something then weigh the amount and calculate it using maths. Fucks sake.

buzby

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 13, 2019, 10:24:10 AM
Quite big in surround sound as well,but oddly they don't seem to make much 2 channel kit.
They still make some high-quality hi-fi stereo components alongside their AV amplifier/decoder range:
https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/index.html

As well as motorbikes, Yamaha also make marine engines and outboards, and design and develop high-tech performance engines for car manufacturers, most notably the 3.0L V6 used in the US Ford Taunus SHO, the 1.7L 4-cylinder Zetec-SE used in the Ford Puma and the 4.4L V8 used in the Volvo XC90. They also design and produce the cylinder heads used on performance versions of Toyota and Lexus engines, and from 1989 to 1997 they had an F1 engine programme, most notably with the Tyrell team.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 13, 2019, 01:43:36 PM
Anyone who counts a large sum of rice by hand is a fucking idiot. Count out a nominal amout of grains, 100 or a thousand or something then weigh the amount and calculate it using maths. Fucks sake.

I know mate this is what we're dealing with here. Thick as shit vampires. No wonder they're extinct.

NoSleep

Quote from: hedgehog90 on May 13, 2019, 10:10:25 AM
Now, on a completely unrelated note, does anyone have a script for blocking specific users' avatars?

(An) AdBlock(er) can be used to do this.

Replies From View

touchingcloth

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 13, 2019, 01:24:41 PM
Also their NS10 speakers with the famous white cones were ubiquitous in 80s music studios.

Famous white cones supported by a huge amount of unthanked black. Typical.

touchingcloth

Quote from: NoSleep on May 13, 2019, 03:26:09 PM

Does this actually work? When I had a job with fuck all demands on my time I always suspected it would be possible to do that to hide the CaB logo so I could browse undetected assuming noone poster the trapezewankdeath picture unexpectedly, but anyways figured I had at least two sites to burn before bothering to work out how.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 13, 2019, 08:32:41 PM
Famous white cones supported by a huge amount of unthanked black. Typical.

Racist to call them cones.

seepage

Yamaha also made the Zero fighter - *neeeerooww* *dagga dagga* - oh no, sorry, that was Mitsubishi wasn't it?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 13, 2019, 01:43:36 PM

Thought of that. I use a mixture of different grains. Oh, you'd just apply the same tactic by counting out and weighing nominal amounts of grains of each type? Well I haven't used equal amounts of each type. You'd just sift them quickly by eye? Well I've included some of those porcelain grains made by Ai Weiwei and they're heavy as fuck; like two, three times the weight of a normal grain. You'd toss them like wheat and chaff to separate them by their different masses in a strong breeze? Well I've only gone and put a couple of cups of the stuff through the food processor so you need to combine all of the smashed bits together to work out how many grains the represent. And then I've spray painted the entire fucking lot, mate, and black as well, mate. Put that in your crypt and cunt it.

Cooked some of it into arancini, the grains be all bloated and stuck together and shit, so you'd need to pull them slowly apart and try and count how many soft, al dente and still essentially raw grains there are on average per arancini ball because, guess what, pal, I cooked the rice in different batches for different lengths of time before balling it up into arancini, didn't I? I wasn't born yesterday. Once done just multiply the number of arancini by the number of grains in a single one? Different sizes, dick head, I wasn't born yesterday. Weigh the arancini before you start so you can just apply your initial tactic? I've cooked a weight into each one. Different weight's too - couple of CR2032s in one arancino, M4 nuts in another, wrap of pennies in a third, and so on. A pebble, I've cooked a pebble up into at least one of them. And what's a key ingredient in Italian cookery? Garlic you cape wanker, a load of fucking garlic.

You'd still manage to count it all? Well understand this. The windowsill? Itself a massive grain of rice. Wrong answer by one grain. You. Lose. Oi pussyhole, I'm coming for you yeah. Remember rude boy I'm coming for you yeah. Anywhere I see you I'm gonna lift off your face with arancini yeah you're a pussy hole, look, fuck your mans as well. All right, go suck your mum yeah. We're all waiting to stake your brain you think that you're all bad. You ain't bad blad sucker, pussying out, pussying out for three weeks. Talking about you got girls from Northend One. What's all that about you shit head, fuck you on, man?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 13, 2019, 09:04:13 PM
Thought of that. I use a mixture of different grains. Oh, you'd just apply the same tactic by counting out and weighing nominal amounts of grains of each type? Well I haven't used equal amounts of each type. You'd just sift them quickly by eye? Well I've included some of those porcelain grains made by Ai Weiwei and they're heavy as fuck; like two, three times the weight of a normal grain. You'd toss them like wheat and chaff to separate them by their different masses in a strong breeze? Well I've only gone and put a couple of cups of the stuff through the food processor so you need to combine all of the smashed bits together to work out how many grains the represent. And then I've spray painted the entire fucking lot, mate, and black as well, mate. Put that in your crypt and cunt it.

Cooked some of it into arancini, the grains be all bloated and stuck together and shit, so you'd need to pull them slowly apart and try and count how many soft, al dente and still essentially raw grains there are on average per arancini ball because, guess what, pal, I cooked the rice in different batches for different lengths of time before balling it up into arancini, didn't I? I wasn't born yesterday. Once done just multiply the number of arancini by the number of grains in a single one? Different sizes, dick head, I wasn't born yesterday. Weigh the arancini before you start so you can just apply your initial tactic? I've cooked a weight into each one. Different weight's too - couple of CR2032s in one arancino, M4 nuts in another, wrap of pennies in a third, and so on. A pebble, I've cooked a pebble up into at least one of them. And what's a key ingredient in Italian cookery? Garlic you cape wanker, a load of fucking garlic.

You'd still manage to count it all? Well understand this. The windowsill? Itself a massive grain of rice. Wrong answer by one grain. You. Lose. Oi pussyhole, I'm coming for you yeah. Remember rude boy I'm coming for you yeah. Anywhere I see you I'm gonna lift off your face with arancini yeah you're a pussy hole, look, fuck your mans as well. All right, go suck your mum yeah. We're all waiting to stake your brain you think that you're all bad. You ain't bad blad sucker, pussying out, pussying out for three weeks. Talking about you got girls from Northend One. What's all that about you shit head, fuck you on, man?

Are you proud of this? Do you think it's representative of your best work?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 13, 2019, 09:13:02 PM
Are you proud of this? Do you think it's representative of your best work?

Saved me from Dracula. All I need.

Icehaven

Not me but a friend of mine in his early 50s has just today learned that anyone who goes by the name Jim or Jimmy is actually called James, they're just nicknames/variations. I mean I'm sure there's some contrary souls out there who christen their kids Jim or Jimmy but usually they're really Jameses.He thought they were completely different names unconnected to James. How can anyone his age who's lived their whole lives in Britain not know that?

touchingcloth

Quote from: icehaven on May 13, 2019, 10:04:50 PM
Not me but a friend of mine in his early 50s has just today learned that anyone who goes by the name Jim or Jimmy is actually called James, they're just nicknames/variations. I mean I'm sure there's some contrary souls out there who christen their kids Jim or Jimmy but usually they're really Jameses.He thought they were completely different names unconnected to James. How can anyone his age who's lived their whole lives in Britain not know that?

Victim of Savile.

gib

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 13, 2019, 08:35:33 PM
Does this actually work? When I had a job with fuck all demands on my time I always suspected it would be possible to do that to hide the CaB logo so I could browse undetected assuming noone poster the trapezewankdeath picture unexpectedly, but anyways figured I had at least two sites to burn before bothering to work out how.

just use Ublock origin as your adblocker if you are on a computer, you can right click to kill off any avatars you hate.

touchingcloth

Quote from: gib on May 13, 2019, 10:10:09 PM
just use Ublock origin as your adblocker if you are on a computer, you can right click to kill off any avatars you hate.

buzby

Quote from: seepage on May 13, 2019, 08:41:42 PM
Yamaha also made the Zero fighter - *neeeerooww* *dagga dagga* - oh no, sorry, that was Mitsubishi wasn't it?
Yes, the Mitsubishi Aircraft Company, a division of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Mitsubishi's car division used the 'Zero Fighter' name was used for a Japan-only special edition of their Lancer Evo iV rally car:

It was sold here as the Extreme Edition, as it was felt using the Zero Fighter name in the UK was questionable on taste grounds (it would be like BMW selling an M3 'Focke-Wulf Fw.190' edition)

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: NoSleep on May 13, 2019, 03:26:09 PM

Yes it can.  I've had to block a few 1000x1000 / 30mb monstrosities that slow my cpu to a crawl when you've got several of them on a page.

Dex Sawash

Domestically,  the 737 Max is called the 737 Maximum Firebombing of Dresden

Replies From View

Ferris

Quote from: Replies From View on May 14, 2019, 07:34:14 AM
What of

Ridley Scott and his habitual glass of Bailey's Irish Cream.

It's one of them satires they have now.

zomgmouse

Today I realised that the bigger flush button is the full flush and the smaller flush button is the half flush and not the other way round like I'd thought this entire time. For whatever reason I'd got it into my head that they'd made the full flush button the smaller one because they were thinking ahead and anticipating that people would want to flush the big button because it's bigger and so they designed it to be the half flush and the full flush was harder to reach because it was smaller and so people wouldn't use it as much and then that would save water.

Turns out that's not the case and the full flush is the bigger one because full is bigger than what a half is.

As you were.

Icehaven

Henry Rollins has been in loads of films. We watched He Never Died yesterday and thought ''WTF fuck is Henry Rollins doing in this?!", turns out it's quite the sideline for him.

kalowski

Quote from: zomgmouse on May 14, 2019, 03:05:12 PM
Today I realised that the bigger flush button is the full flush and the smaller flush button is the half flush and not the other way round like I'd thought this entire time. For whatever reason I'd got it into my head that they'd made the full flush button the smaller one because they were thinking ahead and anticipating that people would want to flush the big button because it's bigger and so they designed it to be the half flush and the full flush was harder to reach because it was smaller and so people wouldn't use it as much and then that would save water.

Turns out that's not the case and the full flush is the bigger one because full is bigger than what a half is.

As you were.
Don't let Derren Brown know:
https://twitter.com/derrenbrown/status/447553029945171968

Gulftastic

As you were.

On my bog, which is about four years old, the big button is a normal flush. The small button will flush for as long as you hold it down or until all the water in the cistern is exhausted.

imitationleather

It's better to be safe than sorry.

Just fill a bucket up from the bath and pour that down the loo whenever you need to flush.

Sebastian Cobb

I've always pushed both buttons in then phoned the waterboard and told them to get the big knives ready.

hedgehog90

As you were.

Those buttons with the slightly raised outer crescent have always felt like 1 button as I tend to use my elbow.
Assumed the raised part was just a common decorative motif, never realised until now that they're 2 separate buttons with different flushes.
Will definitely test this next time I encounter one.

Replies From View

As you were.

I think what was happening is you we're mentally picturing a shit in a toilet bowl of piss.  The "piss" amount is larger, and surrounds the "shit" amount, as they are respectively called.