Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,462
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:14:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 17, 2019, 05:12:11 PM
Cos it's a little fucking punk that never did an honest day's work in its life. Fucking scrounger, bin it off.
cisterns are doing it for themselves
flushing away your 2-ply sheet
disposing of your hellish smell

Twed

olliebean

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on May 17, 2019, 02:54:29 PM
ahem....

Nowhere in that drawing is the water going uphill. That's kind of the entire point of the drawing.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Twed on May 17, 2019, 06:47:46 PM
cisterns are doing it for themselves
flushing away your 2-ply sheet
disposing of your hellish smell

I know. And I'll chin the wet bastard.

kalowski

holyzombiejesus

Thanks to the 'garish can of IPA' thread, I've only just realised that Public Image Limited's artwork for 'Album' was cribbed from Repo Man.

touchingcloth

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 17, 2019, 11:55:37 PM
Thanks to the 'garish can of IPA' thread, I've only just realised that Public Image Limited's artwork for 'Album' was cribbed from Repo Man.

The thread is less about garish cans of IPA, more about IPA in garish cans.

jenna appleseed

(last year's hospital toothpaste)

Sebastian Cobb

My best haul from a hospital was a set of theatre green trousers when I broke my ankle and couldn't get my jeans on over the stookie. So comfy, still break them out when I'm slobbing around the house.

Replies From View

I have never heard of trousers coming in theatre green.  Are you sure they weren't racing?

St_Eddie

During my week long stint in hospital, they gave me orange pyjamas to wear.  I looked like an inmate in an American prison.

Icehaven

There's no incidental music in The Big Bang Theory.

Sebastian Cobb

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 19, 2019, 01:53:38 PM
Tommy Robinson is laughably short.

As are Farage and Boris Johnson, according to google. I'm taller than all of em, and I'm not exactly massive.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 19, 2019, 03:01:49 PM
As are Farage and Boris Johnson, according to google. I'm taller than all of em, and I'm not exactly massive.

Just had a vision of them standing on each others shoulders and you towering above them like they're Tom Thumb size.

NoSleep

Johnson is average height (5'9") and Farage is 1" off that, so they're not shorties.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 18, 2019, 03:26:15 PM
My best haul from a hospital was a set of theatre green trousers when I broke my ankle and couldn't get my jeans on over the stookie. So comfy, still break them out when I'm slobbing around the house.

Scrubs are lush. Pair them up with a set of communal crocs, a theatre hat to cover the bald spot and you're all set for a lush day at work. Comfy A F.

touchingcloth

a duncandisorderly

Replies From View

Verrucas need spreading around if they are going to survive as a species.

WON'T SOMEBODY DWELL ON THE ATTENBOROUGHS

Twed

Verrucas are cancer that the victim just doesn't make much of a fuss about.

kalowski

Quote from: Twed on May 20, 2019, 01:18:12 PM
Verrucas are cancer that the victim just doesn't make much of a fuss about.
"I'm serious as a dancer when I say verrucas are a cancer."

Replies From View

"I'm a lover not a cancer!"

Say what you like about verrucas - at least they only abuse children below the ankle.

Twed

Replies From View

Quote from: Twed on May 20, 2019, 06:06:33 PM
A stage 4 verruca can spread to the lungs.

Only if it is inhaled.

Just don't inhale stage 4 verrucas.

Ferris

Sebastian Cobb

How come verrucas can spread through the swimming baths, but genital warts don't?

DJ Bob Hoskins

Aaaaahhhhh, but the Repo Man products were sort of cribbed themselves, in that they were (mostly) real goods from supermarket chain Raiph's:

https://www.criterion.com/current/posts/2736-repo-man-a-lattice-of-coincidence

Quote from: The Criterion Collection website
The Pik 'n Pay generic foods scattered throughout, Repo Man's most enduring and original gag, were real, having been donated by Ralphs supermarket (only three generic products—"Food," "Drink," and "Butyl Nitrate"—had to be made as props).

If I've fucked even just one reader's hat with this piece of trivia, then I consider this post a success.

olliebean

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 20, 2019, 06:30:15 PM
How come verrucas can spread through the swimming baths, but genital warts don't?

Because people don't rub their genitals on the floor?