Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:07:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on May 20, 2019, 06:04:09 PM
Say what you like about verrucas - at least they only abuse children below the ankle.

Verrucas - The classy peadophile.

touchingcloth

Those sawtooth roofs factories have are designed such that the steep side is glazed and faces away from the equator, letting as much light in as possible but not direct sun.

Twed

The Fireman (Twin Peaks) is Lurch (The Munsters movies)

Tokyo van Ramming

Twed

Sorry, yeah, I'll correct it.

He was The Fireman (Due South) and Lurch (Ernest Scared Stupid).

St_Eddie

Lurch (The Addams Family movies) is The Fireman (Twin Peaks).

Twed

touchingcloth

Fortified wines are made by adding spirits to them, so they're more like the Irish wine of Peep Show fame than the classy and extra fermented drink I'd assumed.

seepage

^ yes, port was made out of necessity, to stop spoilage on the journey to England when we couldn't get claret 'cos war. But we still have a taste for it so they keep making the stuff.

St_Eddie

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 22, 2019, 10:36:44 PM
Fortified wines are made by adding spirits to them...

How are the spirits ever expected to move on from purgatory if they're being forced into fortifying wines?!

imitationleather

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 22, 2019, 10:36:44 PM
Fortified wines are made by adding spirits to them, so they're more like the Irish wine of Peep Show fame than the classy and extra fermented drink I'd assumed.

Wow. When you put it like that it does make them sound like drinks that only the most serious of boozehounds would go near.

VelourSpirit

BBC Three's 'Being Human' was called that because it's like 'human being' but backwards. Was it? I dunno but i'm gonna keep saying it. Was that a good series? I can't remember

VelourSpirit

St_Eddie

Actually, no, I think that you're right.  Well spotted.  It had never occurred to me.

touchingcloth

Quote from: imitationleather on May 23, 2019, 04:42:44 PM
Wow. When you put it like that it does make them sound like drinks that only the most serious of boozehounds would go near.

Surprising, innit? I never suspected that "fortified" was code for "tramp".

Another thing I've just realised: the Flying Squad don't.

Cerys

There was a conversation about harps and I missed it.

a duncandisorderly

Gregory Torso

9/11 will soon be old enough to drink legally in a pub.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Gregory Torso on May 26, 2019, 11:13:24 AM

I enjoyed 2016, when all the headlines were "She's a big girl now! Sauce pot tower tragedy is a flirtatious DD and turns legal in less than a year, start your stopwatches but don't look at her tits til 2017 you big pedo!"

zomgmouse

SNOOP DOGG IS CALLED SNOOP DOGG BECAUSE OF SNOOPY (A DOG)

touchingcloth

Quote from: zomgmouse on May 27, 2019, 01:24:04 PM
SNOOP DOGG IS CALLED SNOOP DOGG BECAUSE OF SNOOPY (A DOG)

His full real name is "Snoopy (A Dog) Rap Dogg", so it's just a shortening of his name.

Icehaven

Mr. H has had a Playstation 4 since December and has just this minute discovered that the flat bit at the top of the controller is a touchpad.

Twed

Club Tropicana drinks are free. Been fucking paying all this time.

Icehaven

Quote from: Twed on May 27, 2019, 07:25:42 PM
Club Tropicana drinks are free. Been fucking paying all this time.

Did you not wonder why everyone was pouring them into the pool? Which is disgusting by the way, like swimming through syrup, you need about 5 showers afterwards.

imitationleather

Tropicana, far from being free, is extremely expensive.

sponk

Quote from: Gregory Torso on May 26, 2019, 11:13:24 AM

And if it feels compelled to defecate it can go to said pub's toilet for a wee inside jobbie amirite

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: sponk on May 27, 2019, 07:34:51 PM
And if it feels compelled to defecate it can go to said pub's toilet for a wee inside jobbie amirite

constipation therapist.

Ferris

Quote from: icehaven on May 27, 2019, 07:24:56 PM
Mr. H has had a Playstation 4 since December and has just this minute discovered that the flat bit at the top of the controller is a touchpad.

This took me a year or 2 in fairness. No games use it as a touchpad!

Here's a good one - when you're using the PS4 controller as a keyboard, you can toggle "tilt" to select letters rather than scroll using the buttons. Only clocked that one last month.