Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:46:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

Quote from: Norton Canes on June 04, 2019, 02:43:35 PM
I don't know if PC shortcuts can ever be considered 'obvious' but I've just realised that in Chrome, if you hold down CTRL and hit a number it'll switch to that tab, with 1 being the leftmost...

Same in Firefox.

QDRPHNC

Conditioner only conditions your hair for as long as you use it. Realized that this morning.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 04, 2019, 05:00:17 PM
Conditioner only conditions your hair for as long as you use it. Realized that this morning.

I'd been using shampoo for years before bothering to read the bottle, apparently I'm supposed to wash my hair twice? Fuck that.

imitationleather

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 04, 2019, 05:02:49 PM
I'd been using shampoo for years before bothering to read the bottle, apparently I'm supposed to wash my hair twice? Fuck that.

Finally you've learned what the "sham" part of the name is referring to.

Bobtoo

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 04, 2019, 07:27:21 AM
What does GOOGLE stand for?

I read somewhere that it's from "googol", which is a 1 with a hundred zeros after it *cough*. That could be bollocks though.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Norton Canes on June 04, 2019, 02:43:35 PM
I don't know if PC shortcuts can ever be considered 'obvious' but I've just realised that in Chrome, if you hold down CTRL and hit a number it'll switch to that tab, with 1 being the leftmost...

Though it only works up to 8, as 9 will get you to the final tab regardless of how many you have open in that window.

zomgmouse

On theme, I have just realised that an internet browser is something you use to browse the internet.

Cuellar

Quote from: zomgmouse on June 05, 2019, 09:12:57 AM
Though it only works up to 8, as 9 will get you to the final tab regardless of how many you have open in that window.

You can CTRL+Page Up and Page Down to cycle through tabs, as you would on an excel workbook.

Sebastian Cobb

Or ctrl tab / ctrl + shift tab.

One handed job innit.

Norton Canes

CaB is usually tab 3, after BBC News (yes, I know) and Slack

Cuellar

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 04, 2019, 05:02:49 PM

Haven't shampood my hair in years. It is unnecessary.

olliebean

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 05, 2019, 09:18:46 AM
Or ctrl tab / ctrl + shift tab.

One handed job innit.

One fingered job for me, as I've used AutoHotKey to map it to F1/F2.

touchingcloth

Quote from: olliebean on June 05, 2019, 02:33:03 PM
One fingered job for me, as I've used AutoHotKey to map it to F1/F2.

No fingered job for me, because I've mapped the keys to my cock and balls. Shift with the knob is fine, but splaying the balls to hit ctrl + tab is the real art. I can ctrl + alt + delete if I'm aroused.

Icehaven

The twee hipster posh Greggs chain is called Pieminister, as in Prime Minister, not Pieminster, as in York minster.

the

Quote from: icehaven on June 05, 2019, 05:15:43 PMThe twee hipster posh Greggs chain is called Pieminister, as in Prime Minister, not Pieminster, as in York minster.

And just to confuse you, in the aftermath of Pieminister's initial success in Bristol, a chip shop opened in Bedminster called Fishminster:

As you can tell, not only was this was a shameless bit of jockeying up to a recognised brand, but it doesn't work, as it's not a rhyming pun.

Sebastian Cobb

Pieminister is legitimately good though. Greggs is just sludge between pastry.

kittens

Quote from: the on June 05, 2019, 05:43:55 PM
And just to confuse you, in the aftermath of Pieminister's initial success in Bristol, a chip shop opened in Bedminster called Fishminster:

As you can tell, not only was this was a shameless bit of jockeying up to a recognised brand, but it doesn't work, as it's not a rhyming pun.

the 'i' and 'n' have since fallen off and we call it fishmonster now. had some chips from there a week or so ago which was fine.

the

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 05, 2019, 05:54:57 PMPieminister is legitimately good though. Greggs is just sludge between pastry.

Greggs is high street fast food, Pieminister and mash costs about £8. The difference is tattooed-on-your-cock obvious.

Quote from: kittens on June 05, 2019, 06:31:34 PMthe 'i' and 'n' have since fallen off and we call it fishmonster now.

Good job the 'h' hasn't fallen off

Replies From View

Quote from: the on June 05, 2019, 07:11:52 PM
The difference is tattooed-on-your-cock obvious.

I'm not entirely sure how obvious that is.

seepage

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 05, 2019, 03:31:33 PM
No fingered job for me, because I've mapped the keys to my cock and balls. Shift with the knob is fine, but splaying the balls to hit ctrl + tab is the real art. I can ctrl + alt + delete if I'm aroused.

Logitech make a quick dash to the patent office...

mrpupkin

The title of the Simpsons episode Homer Alone, in which Homer is left home alone, is a reference to the film Home Alone. Only took me twenty seven years.

Noonling

I just realised (while watching IASIP) that its mostly only Catholics that do all the inexplicable sitting-standing-kneeling in church.

olliebean

Quote from: Noonling on June 05, 2019, 10:12:45 PM
I just realised (while watching IASIP) that its mostly only Catholics that do all the inexplicable sitting-standing-kneeling in church.

Is it? As I child, I went to both Methodist (via family) and C of E (via school) churches and we had to kneel for prayers in both.

Noonling

But as far as I remember, Catholics also stand to pray, and are just all over the place. There's a guide on this page, though I swear I remember more kneeling:
https://www.catholicfaithstore.com/daily-bread/catholic-mass-order-act-sitting-standing-kneeling-mass/

...Maybe I learn't nothing though.

touchingcloth

Quote from: olliebean on June 06, 2019, 08:43:45 AM
Is it? As I child, I went to both Methodist (via family) and C of E (via school) churches and we had to kneel for prayers in both.

Kneeling for prayers perhaps, but most of the more rituatlistic stuff (crossing yourself, burning incense, bumming choristers while wearing a robe) is Catholic or High Anglican. The Catholics will do it in the most tinpot of churches, and the Anglicans save it for the Cathedrals. Generally speaking, at least.

touchingcloth

When a lovely lady does that thing of washing her lovely lady hair before wrapping it in a lovely ladies' towel, her lovely lady hair is all twizzled up in the length of towel wrapped around her lovely lady head, not coiled up underneath it like a turban.

Captain Z

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 04, 2019, 05:00:17 PM

What, so only for the 2-3 minutes it's on your hair in the shower? What's the point of that.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 06, 2019, 09:15:01 AM
When a lovely lady does that thing of washing her lovely lady hair before wrapping it in a lovely ladies' towel, her lovely lady hair is all twizzled up in the length of towel wrapped around her lovely lady head, not coiled up underneath it like a turban.

Lol

popcorn

QuoteThe most commonly known formula races are Formula One, Formula Two and Formula Three. Their formulae are so differentiated that makes Formula 1 the best performing cars (in terms of power and max. velocity) and followed by Formula 2 and 3.

So F-Zero is called F-Zero because it's one less than F1 and therefore faster and more like the future. :O

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: icehaven on May 30, 2019, 06:42:25 AM
Each post in a thread is #numbered.

does something happen if the comment number matches the number of posts you have made by commenting? some sort of C&B singularity? or not?