Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:08:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Which celebrity is plugging their bets on BETTER BUY BOLD?

Sebastian Cobb

I can't be the only person that has no loyalty to their washing powder? I just tend to buy the cheap biological shit in Lidl.

Ferris

Replies From View

"Not biological" is even more amazing because it means it has been done WITHOUT BIOLOGY

which means literally INVENTING ENTIRELY NEW STUFF FROM SCRATCH AND PUTTING IT ON YOUR CLOTHES

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah but biological has critters in it that eat through all the poo and spunk humans get on their garments.

Paul Calf

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 06, 2019, 05:25:41 PM
Yeah but biological has critters in it that eat through all the poo and spunk humans get on their garments.

& then what happens to it? I can't remember the last time I even saw "powder" for laundry purposes. seems so last-century now.

seepage

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 06, 2019, 05:07:24 PM
I can't be the only person that has no loyalty to their washing powder? I just tend to buy the cheap biological shit in Lidl.

If you aren't as posh as Kirstie Allsopp and have your washing machine in a separate room to where you're eating, you have to stick to the same brand to get used to it and block out the smell.

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 06, 2019, 05:25:41 PM

I have never heard of a human getting poo or spunk on their clothes.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Replies From View on July 06, 2019, 09:46:39 PM
I have never heard of a human getting poo or spunk on their clothes.

no. someone else's, maybe, but not their own.

olliebean

The ship's doctor in The Orville is Larry Sanders' personal assistant. (And also Sisko's missus in DS9, which I also hadn't twigged.)

Quote from: olliebean on July 06, 2019, 09:59:20 PM
The ship's doctor in The Orville is Larry Sanders' personal assistant. (And also Sisko's missus in DS9, which I also hadn't twigged.)

And she's in the Columbo where George Hamilton kills a bloke with cigs!

Just found out it's totally legal to drive in the UK at night with the interior light/s on in pretty much every circumstance. Think about how much time I've wasted fumbling in cars for items that have been dropped and lost, but are not important enough items (e.g. polo mints, the mints with the hole) to require the driver to affect a full vehicle stop. I'm shitting furious.

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: Replies From View on July 06, 2019, 05:06:22 PM
Which celebrity is plugging their bets on BETTER BUY BOLD?

A Joe Baker reference? Maybe not. One of those British comedians that time forgot. Although he was in Dumb and Dumber.

zomgmouse

It's "live fast die young bad girls do it well" and not "live fast die young black girls do it well"

colacentral

Quote from: icehaven on May 12, 2019, 08:45:31 PM
Yeah that's what I would have thought. I only knew them as musical instrument makers through my childhood and teens, so it was news to me that they did anything else when I discovered they made motorbikes.

For years I thought that Jesus Christ Superstar came to earth riding a keyboard, presumably like a witch would ride a broom.

Icehaven

NoSleep

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on May 12, 2019, 08:49:48 PM
??

the piano tuner my mum employed from time to time, to sort out her danemann & her broadwood, had several tuning forks. if you're doing the job properly, a piano has a weird compromise tuning, & a single fork ain't going to get the job done. that's what I was told anyway.

Another prompt to start a new microtonal thread. All musical scales are some kind of compromise but the one that leads to equal temperament sacrifices the sweetness of beautifully tuned major & minor thirds to flexibility; but even Bach would not have been happy (as equal temperament is not the the same as well temperament).

imitationleather

Quote from: Replies From View on July 06, 2019, 05:05:38 PM
Has anyone here ever been astonished by the whiteness of some clothes?

If you wear white clothes you have to stick a napkin down the front of your shirt like a fucking baby's bib every time you eat.

I absolutely despise people who wear white clothes. Round em up, torture em to obtain any info they may have, then shoot them in the nearest football stadium.

studpuppet

Quote from: colacentral on July 09, 2019, 02:04:47 AM
For years I thought that Jesus Christ Superstar came to earth riding a keyboard, presumably like a witch would ride a broom.

Even worse than that, was the realisation that Jesus obviously hadn't done his CBT training, lost control of it and (in a case of death by dangerous driving) had murdered a Thalidomide-impaired child, whilst rupturing his own gonads on the cover of a refuse receptacle.

It's a parable I think we can all take something away from.

Replies From View

Quote from: imitationleather on July 09, 2019, 09:53:53 AM
If you wear white clothes you have to stick a napkin down the front of your shirt like a fucking baby's bib every time you eat.

I absolutely despise people who wear white clothes. Round em up, torture em to obtain any info they may have, then shoot them in the nearest football stadium.

But a whole industry of advertising was built on WHITER THAN WHITE slogans for washing powders.  Surely it wasn't just for people who dressed like Jesus?

Ferris

Quote from: Replies From View on July 09, 2019, 11:22:03 AM
But a whole industry of advertising was built on WHITER THAN WHITE slogans for washing powders.  Surely it wasn't just for people who dressed like Jesus?

Oh erm, what about err

Gandhi
benevolent male models in Asda George catalogues
sandal twats at festivals
The Polyphonic Spree

Actually sorry mate, probably was invented for Jesus and his ilk

beanheadmcginty

Airwolf is a pun on werewolf. Only just noticed that while pondering whether the podcast network Earwolf was a reference to Airwolf or werewolf.

Gulftastic

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on July 09, 2019, 08:46:11 PM
Airwolf is a pun on werewolf. Only just noticed that while pondering whether the podcast network Earwolf was a reference to Airwolf or werewolf.

Faaaaacking hell!!

Cuellar

But why. There's nothing werewolfy about the programme.

Of course it isn't.

Replies From View

Quote from: Cuellar on July 09, 2019, 08:50:45 PM

That's probably why it isn't called "werewolf".

Space ghost

Maurice Yeatman

It's a pun on Brer Wolf

which is why Airwolf was always strafing Airrabbit.

popcorn

Quote from: Cuellar on July 09, 2019, 08:50:45 PM

Of course it isn't.

One for the "puns that aren't fucking puns" thread.

kittens

i was thinking about brer rabbit yesterday and came to the conclusion that, far from being a load of nonsense like everyone assumes, 'brer' is actually short for 'brother'. in that bizarre way they would shorten things in the past by taking a bunch of stuff out the middle. i have not checked this and am not going to.

touchingcloth

Rabbit brah.

Knight Rider is a pun on night rider, Knightmare is a pun on nightmare, Art Beat no heartbeat and Art Attack is a pun on heart attack, which is nice for a kids' show.