Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:31:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samadriel

I loved the seeming unimaginativeness of "Waluigi", but then I learned that "warui" is Japanese for "bad", which makes it kind of clever.

Replies From View

See also "Wizbit", who is the evil version of "Badbit".

zomgmouse

"Wiener" means "from Vienna" as the German for Vienna is "Wien"

Cerys

Although it's pronounced 'veen', which makes the usual pronunciation of 'wiener' oddly unsatisfying.

zomgmouse

Still, it fits in satisfyingly with the pattern of Germanic place names and processed meat foods à la hamburger, frankfurter, etc

Cerys

paruses

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 13, 2019, 12:33:55 PM
Ha, yes I had the same realisation of that. Sounds cooler if you call it spinning.

Also the same. For a long time I also thought that a Cross Trainer was a combination of two pieces of equipment (a bike and a rower maybe?).

zomgmouse

NoSleep

kittens

Ferris

petril

Paul Calf

petril

Cerys

QDRPHNC

Last night I took the boy to see Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure at our local fleapit. During the bit where they're dressed as knights and doing a Darth Vader / Luke Skywalker thing, I realized that the movie I was watching had come out only 11 years after the original Star Wars. I had in fact been my boy's age when Bill and Ted was released. Chills down spine.

poodlefaker

Mackenzie Crook isn't in This Country; it's a young lad who looks like him. There's another not-very-funny thing set in the country that MC is in, that metal detectors thing. It's a different programme.

Norton Canes

Those funny stains I've been finding on the sides of my new t-shirts? Down the sides, over my ribs? Not sweat. It's where I've used roll-on deo before putting the t-shirts on by rolling them up concertina-fashion - the folded material has absorbed a bit of the still-wet deo and when the t-shirt is rolled down, the damp patches are spread out.

touchingcloth

Tower Bridge is somehow named for the Tower of London rather than its fuck off big towers.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 23, 2019, 09:20:47 AM
Those funny stains I've been finding on the sides of my new t-shirts? Down the sides, over my ribs? Not sweat. It's where I've used roll-on deo before putting the t-shirts on by rolling them up concertina-fashion - the folded material has absorbed a bit of the still-wet deo and when the t-shirt is rolled down, the damp patches are spread out.

Why aren't you just putting your arms through the shirt and pulling it over your head like a normal person?

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 23, 2019, 11:56:36 PM
Why aren't you just putting your arms through the shirt and pulling it over your head like a normal person?

oh, you had to go there, didn't you?

St_Eddie

Well, I'll be damned!  This explains so much!  I always did wonder what those stains were about.  I thought that I might be an Ash from Alien.

Replies From View

Well in this heat I get white tide marks on my shirts too, and if it's any consolation I don't use deodorant, so it must be my sweat doing it.  Some salt compound, I suspect.

Cerys

Unless you've got some dogs from the 'seventies living in your armpits - which frankly would not surprise me.

NoSleep

Cerys

Replies From View