Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:14:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

American Graffiti was nominated for a Best Picture Academy Award (it lost to The Sting). I always thought it was an overlooked cult type film.

phantom_power

It was the big film that gave Lucas the clout to make Star Wars wasn't it?

touchingcloth

Quote from: phantom_power on November 14, 2019, 03:15:30 PM
It was the big film that gave Lucas the clout to make Star Wars wasn't it?

No, but Harrison Ford was working as a carpenter on it and Lucas gave him a Star Wars script after being impressed by his wood.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I think I might leave too, as a gesture of solidarity with NJ, who was easily one of the best posters on 'ere, the funny fucker.
I've had my fair share of insults flung at me  an' all, and just the other day some wise guy posted a picture of one of the most beautuful women in the world juxtaposed with an image of top 80s Channel 4 Puppet Pob. That was particularly hard to take.
Wait for me, NJ!
* scampers off*

Icehaven

Funerals seemingly cost thousands of pounds, so given I'll never be able to afford to buy a house and I don't drive so won't ever need to buy a car, chances are dying will be the most expensive thing I ever do.

touchingcloth

Quote from: icehaven on November 15, 2019, 07:25:18 PM
Funerals seemingly cost thousands of pounds, so given I'll never be able to afford to buy a house and I don't drive so won't ever need to buy a car, chances are dying will be the most expensive thing I ever do.

Weddin dress babe xoxox

popcorn

From the Rush Hour with Love, the 90s Republica single, is a play on From Russia With Love.

NoSleep

Replies From View

Ferris

Jez and Super Hans' bandname "coming up for Blair" is a pun on "coming up for air".

Rizla

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 16, 2019, 07:07:08 PM
Jez and Super Hans' bandname "coming up for Blair" is a pun on "coming up for air".
There's a secret meta-pun in there too, Blair being Orwell's real name, and Coming Up For Air being one of his novels. CHRIST I'M BORING BORED

Ferris

Quote from: Rizla on November 16, 2019, 07:10:47 PM
There's a secret meta-pun in there too, Blair being Orwell's real name, and Coming Up For Air being one of his novels. CHRIST I'M BORING BORED

That's qual!

seepage

only just realised peanutbutter's avatar is that utter failure, the Gizmondo games console.

Replies From View

touchingcloth

The reason why upside down horse shoes are lucky is because when you look at them from the lucky side they're not actually upside down.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 17, 2019, 02:12:51 PM
The reason why upside down horse shoes are lucky is because when you look at them from the lucky side they're not actually upside down.

It's the clip-cloptics.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on November 20, 2019, 06:14:49 PM
It's the clip-cloptics.

That's a nonsense response.

That Tina Turner song whose only lyrics are "rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling on a river" is not called "rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling in a river".

bgmnts

I've genuinely been calling it Rolling rolling rolling on the river my entire life.

Replies From View

NoSleep

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 20, 2019, 10:26:36 PM
That Tina Turner song whose only lyrics are "rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling on a river" is not called "rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling in a river".

It's not even her (and Ike's) song, Creedence Clearwater Revival having had an international hit with it two years before.

Icehaven

Jemaine Clement has reminded me of someone for years but I could never quite recall who, but today I did: Leonard from Shortland St.

Ferris

Quote from: icehaven on November 22, 2019, 06:23:11 PM
Jemaine Clement has reminded me of someone for years but I could never quite recall who, but today I did:

The drummer from the banana splits

touchingcloth

Inspector Norse

NoSleep

Quote from: Inspector Norse on November 23, 2019, 09:10:09 PM
Secretariat is a real film!

Also:

QuoteIn the animated series BoJack Horseman, BoJack looked up to Secretariat as a child and would go on to star in a biopic about him. Margo Martindale, who plays herself in a recurring role on the show, also had a role in the Disney film Secretariat mentioned above.

Cerys

Ferberising an alarm clock is ineffectual.

There are few things more unpleasant than someone else's fart with a Napoleon complex.

Replies From View

Quote from: Cerys on November 25, 2019, 07:58:40 AM
There are few things more unpleasant than someone else's fart with a Napoleon complex.

How does this Napoleon complex manifest in such an horrific scenario?