Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:40:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Cerys

Quote from: Replies From View on November 25, 2019, 12:29:28 PM
How does this Napoleon complex manifest in such an horrific scenario?

By the far in question being tiny and apparently innocuous, but causing great upheaval to those who encounter it.

Ferris

Cerys

Ferris

[Love Symbol], indeed.

There's a Gil Scott Heron reference in "Sign 'O' The Times" as well! Lots of obvious stuff I'm picking up today.

Cerys

Now, that's an album cover that caused me to very briefly question my sexuality when I was seventeen.

Norton Canes

Ian Fleming's middle name is 'Lancaster'. How have I managed to miss that?

When Jay Kay aggressively squared up to that photographer before getting headbutted, he had probably done lots of coke and that's why he was acting Billy Big Bollocks.

touchingcloth

Breast implants aren't permanent and need touching up (careful) every few years.

idunnosomename

Quote from: NoSleep on November 21, 2019, 06:36:29 AM
It's not even her (and Ike's) song, Creedence Clearwater Revival having had an international hit with it two years before.
thank you

tremendous fucking song

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_Mary

pigamus

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 26, 2019, 12:28:14 AM
Prince is fucking great.

Same here actually. As a kid in the eighties I didn't get Prince at all. Left me totally cold. But I was wrong.

(See also: Bowie)

touchingcloth

The earliest undisputed example of figurative art is not a cave painting but a rock sculpture.

JesusAndYourBush

A Goanna isn't just the way Australians say Iguana, it's a different species.

Ferris

The "paedophile disguised as a school" in Brass Eye's Paedogeddon special actually has a man in the middle of the building during the footage, and isn't just a giant Victorian schoolhouse inexplicably floating around.

I always liked that joke for its absurd surreal quality, but I'm mistaken. Must have seen it a dozen times and only just noticed.

I'll hand in my CaB badge.

Ominous Dave

The line in My Lovely Horse that goes 'with your fetlocks blowing in the wind' is a joke about confusing a fetlock (which is a joint in a horse's leg) with a forelock (which is part of a horse's mane).

Gulftastic

In the sitcom 'Ellen' her bookshop's name 'Buy The Book' was a play on the phrase 'by the book'

Norton Canes

Quote from: Ominous Dave on November 27, 2019, 09:02:00 PM
The line in My Lovely Horse that goes 'with your fetlocks blowing in the wind' is a joke about confusing a fetlock (which is a joint in a horse's leg) with a forelock (which is part of a horse's mane)

Wasn't there a question involving fetlocks on Pointless this week? Or was it Richard Osman's House Of Cunts?

buttgammon

In Nas's seminal 'The World is Yours', a song I've listened to hundreds of times over many years, the old folks aren't praying "Hey, Zeus" but they're praying to Jesus.

Jockice

Ferris

TrenterPercenter

Bete Noire isn't a classic cult French female actress (presumably famous for playing a nemisis of somekind) and is just French for "black beast".

touchingcloth

A black belt means someone is a competent beginner in karate, not an ultimate master.

poodlefaker

In John Le Carre's books, George Smiley is not Control; they're two different characters.

Gulftastic

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 26, 2019, 12:28:14 AM
Prince is fucking great.

From 'Dirty Mind' through to 'Sign O The Times' he is fucking untouchable in my eyes.

But more importantly than any of this is the markings on sellotape and its commercial derivatives where they seem to mark the position of the end of roll with a little printed decal.
But
IT'S NOT PRECISELY WHERE THE ARROWS SAY.
They merely indicate "it's this way a bit."
YOU DO NOT NEED TO WILDLY SCRATCH AT THE ARROWS, THRASHING AND SCREAMING.

Thank you.

Cerys

Quote from: sick as a pike on December 02, 2019, 09:04:27 PM
YOU DO NOT NEED TO WILDLY SCRATCH AT THE ARROWS, THRASHING AND SCREAMING.

However, you can if you want.  Thrashing and screaming is something we should all be free to do, should we so wish.   In fact some people would be improved by the action.