Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:00:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

What is it with yanks using that yellow paper as well?

olliebean

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on February 05, 2019, 08:19:09 PM
"writing paper sizes", six foot by four foot.

That can't be right, can it? The largest writing paper size is larger than the largest poster size?

The smallest writing paper size on that page is nearly as big as A3, as well.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 05, 2019, 08:21:58 PM

I worked for mersey tv in the 80s, & back then we used to get memos on actual paper, because there was no corporate email back then.... script updates, location details, that sort of stuff.
but if it was on yellow paper, it was from phil. it's funny, but even now when I see summat typewritten on yellow paper (which isn't often, really), I hear it being read out-loud in a thick, low scouse voice, & punctuated with these little interrogatives that reddo makes.

we used to joke about his slight resemblance to chris de burgh; he must've found out about this, because one saturday afternoon I ran into him in penny lane records (not actually anywhere near penny lane) & he was holding a CdB album, which he put away when he saw me. I was in there to buy 'psychocandy' myself. not his kind of thing.

Ferris

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on February 05, 2019, 08:33:48 PM
we used to joke about his slight resemblance to chris de burgh; he must've found out about this, because one saturday afternoon I ran into him in penny lane records (not actually anywhere near penny lane) & he was holding a CdB album, which he put away when he saw me. I was in there to buy 'psychocandy' myself. not his kind of thing.

Chris de Burgh's initials actually stand for Cook dand Bombd.

gmoney

The idea that water drains either clockwise or anticlockwise depending on what hemisphere you're on is complete bollocks.   

Sebastian Cobb

The Trojan records and Trojan condoms logos are similar enough that people who don't know about reggae might think I'm a weirdo/top shagger when I'm wearing my t-shirt.

ToneLa

Quote from: gmoney on February 07, 2019, 03:25:51 PM
The idea that water drains either clockwise or anticlockwise depending on what hemisphere you're on is complete bollocks.

I've seen it in a sink, for myself! Not when I was pissing or anything.

Replies From View

Quote from: ToneLa on February 07, 2019, 03:31:35 PM
I've seen it in a sink, for myself! Not when I was pissing or anything.

Well it was when you were pissing in the sink actually.  And it was changing direction based on whether you were pissing left-handed or right-handed.

(Just correcting a common misconception there about you not pissing in sinks when you are.)

momatt

Quote from: gmoney on February 07, 2019, 03:25:51 PM

Yes!
I remember Timmy Mallet going to the equator and 'demonstrating' this on both sides.
But it's utter bollocks.  You can choose which way it goes, just by swooshing the water with your hand.

Replies From View

Quote from: momatt on February 07, 2019, 03:38:41 PM
Yes!
I remember Timmy Mallet going to the equator and 'demonstrating' this on both sides.
But it's utter bollocks.  You can choose which way it goes, just by swooshing the water with your hand cock.

ToneLa

Quote from: Replies From View on February 07, 2019, 03:35:27 PM
Well it was when you were pissing in the sink actually.  And it was changing direction based on whether you were pissing left-handed or right-handed.

(Just correcting a common misconception there about you not pissing in sinks when you are.)

Joke's on you, it wasn't my hands! Now who's a piss obsessed weirdo?

jobotic

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 05, 2019, 08:21:58 PM

Don't suppose it's related but books that are aimed at dyslexic children are often printed on yellow paper as it's apparently easier to make more sense of the letter orders. Or something.

Ferris

Quote from: jobotic on February 07, 2019, 04:04:12 PM
Don't suppose it's related but books that are aimed at dyslexic children are often printed on yellow paper as it's apparently easier to make more sense of the letter orders. Or something.

In case this is a serious question, they're called legal pads and have always been yellow. They were made of old crap paper and dyed yellow so they were uniform and you couldn't tell. The colour stuck. I think I've only ever seen one used once IRL. Everyone uses emails these days, grandad. Lawyers included.

Replies From View

Quote from: ToneLa on February 07, 2019, 03:40:50 PM
Joke's on you, it wasn't my hands! Now who's a piss obsessed weirdo?

Sometimes I piss perfectly easily left-handed because I am using a left-handed person's hands.

ToneLa

Quote from: Replies From View on February 07, 2019, 05:55:56 PM
Sometimes I piss perfectly easily left-handed because I am using a left-handed person's hands.

Replies From View

St_Eddie

AsparagusTrevor

Might not be 0bvious as such, but a bit of a mindfuck shitbrickz thing...

Like most other people I always thought "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman" from Frozen was a complete rip-off of "Let's Build a Snowman" from Cannibal! the Musical, both of them sharing some similar thematic content.

Well, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, South Park creators and stars/writers/directors of Cannibal! the Musical went on to co-create the critically acclaimed stage musical Book of Mormon, along with songwriter Robert Lopez. Robert Lopez also co-wrote the songs for a certain snowy CGI-animated Disney hit. The snowman from said film, Derek the Snowbastard, was played by Josh Gad, who was in a Broadway production of Book of Mormon.

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on February 07, 2019, 08:42:14 PM
It's not a hand.  Period.

I'll come clean:  I'd never even heard of hands before today, and am only bluffing whenever I talk about them.

ToneLa

Quote from: Replies From View on February 07, 2019, 09:00:47 PM
I'll come clean:  I'd never even heard of hands before today, and am only bluffing whenever I talk about them.

Same with me and water.

What? I grew up rough

Twed

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on February 07, 2019, 08:43:26 PMike most other people I always thought "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman" from Frozen was a complete rip-off of "Let's Build a Snowman" from Cannibal! the Musical, both of them sharing some similar thematic content.
These songs don't have anything in common apart from the words "build a snowman" as far as I can tell.

ToneLa

Quote from: Twed on February 07, 2019, 09:05:40 PM
These songs don't have anything in common apart from the words "build a snowman" as far as I can tell.

Do you know what a song is Twed??

Twed

ToneLa

Twed

I think you meant to post The Cure - I Don't Understand What A Cat Even Is.

ToneLa

I'm not aware of that song in their back ... uh, what's the spelling?

-dated record history

Replies From View

There are so many similarities between Walking in a Winter Wonderland and Walking In The Air that I can barely even breathe.