Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:46:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Thoroughbred is a breed of horse, not an equivalent term to pedigree in dogs.

Endicott

Crikey, did not know that.

Now can we go back to that 'basement' is the roof thingy on the last page?

Ferris

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Endicott on February 13, 2019, 10:00:47 PM
Crikey, did not know that.

Now can we go back to that 'basement' is the roof thingy on the last page?

MJ provides some clarity
https://youtu.be/35dz7o3POvU

touchingcloth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 13, 2019, 11:12:12 PM
Ryan Adams and Bryan Adams are different people.

There's a famous person called Ryan Adams, and the cancelled thread isn't a typo.

touchingcloth

The Sean Bean "one does not simply" meme uses a still from LotR. For some reason I had always assumed it was from an interview, like this similar meme:

Sebastian Cobb

Glebe has just made me realise the little Asian kid in The Goonies is the little Chinese kid in Temple of Doom.

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 14, 2019, 10:51:10 PM
Glebe has just made me realise the little Asian kid in The Goonies is the little Chinese kid in Temple of Doom.

Made you realise?

touchingcloth

Replies From View

Sebastian Cobb

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 14, 2019, 11:00:55 PM
I'd have never realised without him.

Next you'll be telling me you didn't realise Matilda was the youngest of Mr Mrs Doubtfire's kids.

zomgmouse

St_Eddie

Replies From View

The cliquebait "dwell" stems from "Dwellyndire Borkis 8".

The Dandy Warhols / Andy Warhol

Fucked if I know what I thought "Dandy Warhols" were before.

But it makes me hate them even more for having such a shit name.

ToneLa

Quote from: Darles Chickens on February 17, 2019, 09:58:31 AM
The Dandy Warhols / Andy Warhol

Fucked if I know what I thought "Dandy Warhols" were before.

But it makes me hate them even more for having such a shit name.

Jeez and I thought naming my rap/classical music fusion act Brozart was fucking terrible

Replies From View

mothman

I've just realised I've been conflating the careers and filmographies of Michele Scarabelli and Linda Cardellini, despite their being from different generations and looking not at all alike.

touchingcloth

Norton Canes

Was it supposed to be a joke, in Only Fools And Horses... that Del and Rodney were brothers... but didn't look much alike..?

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 17, 2019, 11:39:20 AM
Metalled roads aren't.

It's a different, secondary, meaning of the word 'metal' - "Broken stone for use in making roads"

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/metal

(This is the kind of knowledge you end up having if you're a man with an extensive collection of Ordnance Survey maps and a predilection for Alan Partridge-esque wanderings).

Phil_A

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 19, 2019, 04:58:28 PM
Was it supposed to be a joke, in Only Fools And Horses... that Del and Rodney were brothers... but didn't look much alike..?

It's a plot point that isn't addressed til late on, they're only half-brothers due to Rodders being the product of their mum's affair with Freddie the Frog.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on February 19, 2019, 08:34:28 PM
It's a different, secondary, meaning of the word 'metal' - "Broken stone for use in making roads"

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/metal

(This is the kind of knowledge you end up having if you're a man with an extensive collection of Ordnance Survey maps and a predilection for Alan Partridge-esque wanderings).

I know that now, I just always used to picture something more like the surface of an aircraft carrier, even though I've never seen a road that looks anything like that. Maybe those temporary tracks they put out to turn fields into parking areas.

Tikwid

Only after trying to look him up have I now realised that BBC commissioning editor Harvey Kennedy, featured in cock piss Partridge's Nomad book, is completely fictional - I had honestly assumed all along he was a real person, albeit one featured more prominently than most of Alan's other Beeb chums. Maybe I was just confusing him with Kennedies Charles, Nigel, or John Fitzgerald?

Twed

The ball of the foot is not the part at the back that looks like a ball. That is the heel bone.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Twed on February 21, 2019, 07:25:23 AM
The ball of the foot is not the part at the back that looks like a ball. That is the heel bone.

What did you think the name for the testicles on your feet was?

Dex Sawash