Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:47:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Norton Canes

Anyway I don't know if this counts as obvious or not but I've noticed for the first time since I started doing the Parkrun a couple of months ago that when I run, every time my foot hits the ground and sends a mini shock wave up my leg, a little area of skin just above my knee does an intricate ripple for a split second. If you shot it in slow motion it would probably look something like this

magval

Why was everyone in Belfast wearing that on a t-shirt last summer? What is it?

ToneLa

Quote from: magval on February 22, 2019, 01:34:40 PM
Why was everyone in Belfast wearing that on a t-shirt last summer? What is it?

If it's on a Tshirt it's hipster shite (apart from my glow in the dark version)

If it's on boots though...

Twed

ToneLa

things I've just realised: either online sarcasm is sometimes impenetrable or some younguns really are missing oot!

canadagoose

Twed

Quote from: olliebean on February 22, 2019, 03:32:19 PM
That's not the same as the one Norton Canes posted.
Oh right, I was paying enough attention to what was on the last page, sosmix

mothman

Vincent Hanna, the late political journalist (who cameoed in Blackadder II as his own alleged ancestor) has the same name as Al Pacino's character in Heat.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: canadagoose on February 22, 2019, 03:56:16 PM
Naomi Wolf and Naomi Klein are not the same person.

ha, yes! Only room for one vaguely lefty Naomi in our minds apparently.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: olliebean on February 22, 2019, 03:32:19 PM
That's not the same as the one Norton Canes posted.

Nor is it the same as the original album cover. Graphic is much smaller and no writing at all.

Norton Canes

Sorry, just did a quick Goog for Joy Div cover and chose that one.

studpuppet

Quote from: jamiefairlie on February 22, 2019, 10:17:55 PM
Nor is it the same as the original album cover. Graphic is much smaller and no writing at all.

And the original is reversed (black lines on white, although it's been reproduced as white on cyan as well).

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/sa-visual/pop-culture-pulsar-origin-story-of-joy-division-s-unknown-pleasures-album-cover-video/

(There's good talk by Peter Saville stuck in the middle.)

St_Eddie

Quote from: mothman on February 22, 2019, 04:29:04 PM
Vincent Hanna, the late political journalist (who cameoed in Blackadder II as his own alleged ancestor) has the same name as Al Pacino's character in Heat.

0bvious thing you should have realised; Vincent Hanna appeared in Blackadder the Third, not Blackadder II.

touchingcloth

Matt Lucas is naturally bald. He doesn't have eyebrows - how did it take me so long to cotton on?

mothman

Quote from: St_Eddie on February 23, 2019, 09:09:47 AM
0bvious thing you should have realised; Vincent Hanna appeared in Blackadder the Third, not Blackadder II.

Oops. To use Arthur Praline's excuse, im sorry, I have a cold.

Ferris

"Quality" and "duality" are only one letter different.

Replies From View

Ferris

Quote from: Replies From View on February 24, 2019, 08:26:08 AM
So are duodenum and duodenqm.

If I was smarter I'd have used a lowercase "q" because then it's just the same character being flipped. I would also have made a joke about it ("duality"... the gag is right there somewhere.

It's 3.50am here so no apologies for doing a shit job

Replies From View

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 24, 2019, 08:50:22 AM
If I was smarter I'd have used a lowercase "q" because then it's just the same character being flipped. I would also have made a joke about it ("duality"... the gag is right there somewhere.

It's 3.50am here so no apologies for doing a shit job

Fucked it mate.  Cancelled.

Ferris

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Ferris

ToneLa

I'm editing this to trim this the fuck down but why do I have in my inbox private messages from 'Danger man' offering gay oral sex?

The fuck. Who is he?

Paul Calf

Quote from: ToneLa on February 25, 2019, 03:22:38 AM
I'm editing this to trim this the fuck down but why do I have in my inbox private messages from 'Danger man' offering gay oral sex?

The fuck. Who is he?

Hmm.

Cuellar

I got a PM from him as well, unsolicited, saying something along the lines of 'People have been asking me to come back, so here I am!!!'

so fuck.

hedgehog90

I guess he's pm'd everyone but me, probably just to spite me.
Bastard.