Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:38:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on March 07, 2019, 10:38:35 PM
That Bilko in The Phil Silvers Show's name is a play on the word Bilk which means to 1.
a. To defraud, cheat, or swindle: made millions bilking wealthy clients on art sales.
b. To evade payment of: bilk one's debts.
Very nice.

Icehaven

In Friends, the soap that Joey stars in, Days Of Our Lives, is a real TV programme.

touchingcloth

Quote from: icehaven on March 08, 2019, 07:23:14 AM
In Friends, the soap that Joey stars in, Days Of Our Lives, is a real TV programme.

So is Mrs Brown's Boys, astonishingly.

Icehaven

Norton Canes

Also a thing that makes me feel old: never mind their inability to use dictionaries and encyclopedias, kids don't even bother to Google anything any more. It's all Siri this and Siri that and where at least Google might lead to a fleeting perusal of a Wiki page, Siri churns out a one-line answer and that's it.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

That you shouldn't post when feeling tired and emotional.

Replies From View

That under no circumstances should you ever touch your cock, even to have a piss.

ToneLa

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 08, 2019, 10:37:56 AM
That you shouldn't post when feeling tired and emotional.

But that rules out all day every day :(

Replies From View

imitationleather

Quote from: icehaven on March 08, 2019, 07:23:14 AM

Obviously wasn't a viewer, but when I saw the titles sequence of Days of Our Lives (it must have been on some other American programme or something) I found it exceptionally creepy. It feels like it should be a Tales of the Unexpected-style show, not a soap opera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og7-6YubuS4

Brrrr.

EDIT: The newer version makes it look like a Scientology TV programme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAiqeB4p028

Icehaven

Quote from: imitationleather on March 09, 2019, 05:45:28 AM
Obviously wasn't a viewer, but when I saw the titles sequence of Days of Our Lives (it must have been on some other American programme or something) I found it exceptionally creepy. It feels like it should be a Tales of the Unexpected-style show, not a soap opera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og7-6YubuS4

Brrrr.

EDIT: The newer version makes it look like a Scientology TV programme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAiqeB4p028

The occasional bits shown in Friends obviously aren't actual clips as Joey's in them, but they're so absurdly bad I just assumed it was deliberate and was a parody of rubbish daytime soaps. I wonder if it is actually like that then.

touchingcloth

Children's game Fortnight is actually spelled Fortnite.

Children's drink Hooch is still available for purchase.

touchingcloth

Quote from: DistressedArea on March 09, 2019, 05:51:26 PM
A poppadom is not an extra large contraceptive.

They're pretty damn big if that's what you use them for. I imagine the spiced ones are more effective.

pcsjwgm

is not a straightforward case of the derivative of the sum being equal to the sum of the derivatives, because the sum is a function of N variables, while the partial derivative is only with respect to the ith variable.

I'd say that the obvious thing there is not to use 'i' twice for two different things.

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 09, 2019, 09:34:26 PM
They're pretty damn big if that's what you use them for. I imagine the spiced ones are more effective.

I would have expected a poppadom to be twice or three times as effective as a condom, but I don't know much about either.

St_Eddie

Quote from: DistressedArea on March 09, 2019, 05:51:26 PM
A poppadom is not an extra large contraceptive.

Momma uses a femidom.  Poppa uses a poppadom.

idunnosomename

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 10, 2019, 05:00:59 PM
Momma uses a femidom.  Poppa uses a poppadom.
They call it Nutbush
Ahh Nutbush
Nutbush city limits

Replies From View

Quote from: DistressedArea on March 10, 2019, 09:26:32 AM
I'd say that the obvious thing there is not to use 'i' twice for two different things.

Oh you one-bodied fool.  How I pity thee.

St_Eddie

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on March 10, 2019, 05:48:40 PM
michael jackson was a paedophile

Given the denial going on with the public at large, apparently this still isn't obvious enough.  They could have seen him fisting a child with one hand and wanking himself off with his other gloved hand and still, they'd just say "nah, he's just a big child himself.  Definitely not a peado.  I like his music and that therefore dictates his innocence".

Ferris

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 10, 2019, 06:15:09 PM
Given the denial going on with the public at large, apparently this still isn't obvious enough.  They could have seen him fisting a child with one hand and wanking himself off with his other gloved hand and still, they'd just say "nah, he's just a big child himself.  Definitely not a peado.  I like his music and that therefore dictates his innocence".

The phrase "Michael Jackson is an innocent man" is an anagram of "Michael Jackson isn't a main nonce"

That's proof enough for me.

Replies From View

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 10, 2019, 07:00:49 PM
The phrase "Michael Jackson is an innocent man" is an anagram of "Michael Jackson isn't a main nonce"

No because he is the main nonce.

petril

Savile v Jackson one for the ages. Jimmy's wrestling nous against Jacko's dancing skill to evade and escape. it's far better to not know the prize for this one

Gulftastic

Quote from: petrilTanaka on March 10, 2019, 08:21:39 PM
Savile v Jackson one for the ages. Jimmy's wrestling nous against Jacko's dancing skill to evade and escape. it's far better to not know the prize for this one

Bejewelled glove-v-fist of heavy rings.

Replies From View

Bingo Fury

Despite "Bond villain" being the go-to term for a criminal mastermind, not one baddie in the entire 56-year James Bond franchise can hold a candle to Gus Fring.

olliebean

This one has apparently been massively obvious to many people for many many years, but I only just realised that Mary Poppins is giving the Bankses hallucinogens.

ToneLa

Quote from: olliebean on March 10, 2019, 10:15:10 PM
This one has apparently been massively obvious to many people for many many years, but I only just realised that Mary Poppins is giving the Bankses hallucinogens.

... this could prompt a drastic rewatch