Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:34:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Doesn't make sense though because he is actually called Fraser.

Favourite ways to start a new page #795

Johnboy

Barbra Streisand spells her first name like that...fuck sake

JesusAndYourBush

Because of something I saw on Facebook I just discovered "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" is the actual title of the film and not just a silly forum thread.   Spider-Verse??  Grave.

hedgehog90

Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is Philip Glass:

St_Eddie

I had a proper 0bvious thing that I just gone done realised, earlier in the pub.  I was thanking a friend of a friend for loaning his Master System to me and my best mate.  I told him how I had been playing Taz Mania when I was drunk and getting a little bit further each time that I played and then my friend, Lucy's boyfriend chipped in and asked "Tasmania?  Have you been there?".  In that moment I only just made the connection within my spaghetti junction of a brain; Tasmania.  Taz Mania.  Duh.  Of course!  What a dunce I am!

touchingcloth

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 24, 2019, 03:46:15 AM
I had a proper 0bvious thing that I just gone done realised, earlier in the pub.  I was thanking a friend of a friend for loaning his Master System to me and my best mate.  I told him how I had been playing Taz Mania when I was drunk and getting a little bit further each time that I played and then my friend, Lucy's boyfriend chipped in and asked "Tasmania?  Have you been there?".  In that moment I only just made the connection within my spaghetti junction of a brain; Tasmania.  Taz Mania.  Duh.  Of course!  What a dunce I am!

What kind of creature was Taz?

hedgehog90

Some kind of unholy rat-bear-cat hybrid. Which goes some way to explain his strange temperament.

zomgmouse

A Tasmanian Tiger, who'd have thought 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

St_Eddie

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 24, 2019, 08:59:51 AM
What kind of creature was Taz?

A Tasmanian Devil.

Quote from: hedgehog90 on March 24, 2019, 10:00:22 AM
Some kind of unholy rat-bear-cat hybrid. Which goes some way to explain his strange temperament.

I think his manic behaviour was a play on the 'Devil' in Tasmanian Devil.

Twed

touchingcloth

Rick Moranis is not dead. He should do films again.

idunnosomename

Nah he should do whatever he wants. Good egg. Better than him getting paycheques from a load of unfunny garbage. Sad how many of SCT colleagues did die though

olliebean

What comes out of the funnel of a steam train is not steam.

St_Eddie

touchingcloth

Quote from: olliebean on March 24, 2019, 09:28:00 PM
What comes out of the funnel of a steam train is not steam.

Don't they have a little bell towards the end of the engine that releases steam as well as making a "choo choo choooooo" sound?

"Looking back on when I was a little nappy headed boy..."

Always wondered what the hell Stevie was warbling about, but I assumed it wasn't this:

So apparently it means tangled/messy, referring specifically to African-American hair.  Also it's apparently derogatory.

#cancelled

phantom_power

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on March 24, 2019, 02:16:27 AM
Because of something I saw on Facebook I just discovered "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" is the actual title of the film and not just a silly forum thread.   Spider-Verse??  Grave.

Ha Ha, charade you are because it is actually a great film

mothman

Ornlu

Anyone here with a username that specifically references a comedy I almost certainly should have seen, or at least know better than I do.

Only recently when rewatching Mitchell & Webb Look for the first time in years did I catch touching cloth, for example.

Johnboy

I'm as close in age to people born a year before me as I am to people born a year after me

Icehaven

Quote from: mothman on March 25, 2019, 06:13:06 PM
Jockice. Choc Ice. I'm so dim.

I posted this exact same realisation in a previous 'Obvious Things...' thread 

Replies From View

Quote from: Ornlu on March 25, 2019, 07:03:23 PM
Anyone here with a username that specifically references a comedy I almost certainly should have seen, or at least know better than I do.

Only recently when rewatching Mitchell & Webb Look for the first time in years did I catch touching cloth, for example.

Oh I thought the term was older than that, rather than a comedy reference.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Johnboy on March 24, 2019, 12:53:29 AM
Barbra Streisand spells her first name like that...fuck sake

She can't even spell her own surname either....bad spelling cow that she is.....

Ornlu

Quote from: Replies From View on March 25, 2019, 07:15:34 PM

I think it must be, based on the sketch. I doubt they invented the phrase, but they're certainly my main point of reference for it.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on March 25, 2019, 07:15:34 PM

Yeah, I've known the term for longer than I've been familiar with Mitchell and Webb. There must be other hidden reference names lurking out there, though.

studpuppet

Quote from: Ornlu on March 25, 2019, 07:03:23 PM

https://youtu.be/6cigAR6Su9o?t=25

St_Eddie

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on March 25, 2019, 09:32:47 PM
O=0

Alright!  Which one of you bastards has been snapping pics of my acorn in the shower?!