Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:30:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Death List 2019

Started by solidified gruel merchant, January 01, 2019, 06:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila

Gutted to learn that Paul Darrow has died.

I had an huge crush on him from uni days back in the mid-80s when PBS started to show Blake's 7.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/leisure/showbiz/17681339.blakes-7-star-paul-darrow-dies-after-short-illness/

Gulftastic

Blake's 6 feet under.

RIP to the king of scenery chewing.

Mr_Simnock

Bit of a quiet year so far for celeb deaths.

Cerys

Quote from: Attila on June 03, 2019, 04:54:08 PM
Gutted to learn that Paul Darrow has died.

That's hit me harder than I expected.  He should have lived decades longer.  Kerr Avon is the most interesting character that I remember from my childhood.  It's safe to say that he had rather a big effect on me - my first anti-hero.  RIP, Paul, and thankyou for giving good bastard.

Jittlebags

Didn't Servolan buy the farm this year as well?

Jittlebags

Hmm, Blake has died as well. Liked him in Children of the Stones, with the creepy Ian Cuthbertson.

Cerys

Jacqueline Pearce was last September.  Gareth Thomas was one of 2016's victims.  If Michael Keating pops off before a decent interval, I'll be miffed.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Cerys on June 04, 2019, 01:16:00 AM
Jacqueline Pearce was last September.  Gareth Thomas was one of 2016's victims.  If Michael Keating pops off before a decent interval, I'll be miffed.

Yeah, they've all been tough ones to take. B7 was an obsession of mine

paruses

Quote from: jamiefairlie on June 04, 2019, 01:59:48 AM
Blimey, I still thought he'd be young. He was really smarmy in Butterflies though

Yes - sorry to hear he's died but am more shocked at his age. I hated Butterflies - should have mentioned it in the Sunday Evening Dread thread.

bollocks

bollocks

Blue Jam

RIP, The Real Uncle Monty.

Attila

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 15, 2019, 03:01:46 PM
RIP, The Real Uncle Monty.

Indeed -- I was just saying to Mr A, without Zefferelli, no hare here.

Blue Jam

I had no idea he was still alive tbh. I also have no idea how he was never #cancelled.

Attila

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 15, 2019, 03:49:21 PM
I had no idea he was still alive tbh. I also have no idea how he was never #cancelled.

Ditto! My response was, 'Jeez, he must have been 100 years old.'

Which has just prompted me to look up one of my favourite childhood authors who just turned *103* this year!

Jittlebags

I'm pencilling in Widdicombe for next year - Ann not Josh that is. Although she have already gone judging from her cadavarous state.

The Lurker

Paul Calf

Quote from: Jittlebags on June 18, 2019, 10:25:33 PM
I'm pencilling in Widdicombe for next year

I BET YOU ARE JITTLEBAGS YOU DIRTY OLD BOLLOCKS.

Blue Jam

Joe Longthorne, the chicken-in-a-basket-style entertainer, 64:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-49219270

My mother was a fan but I didn't know much about him myself, so that made for pretty bleak reading. Poor guy.

chveik

Alberon

Robert Forster died on the day the Breaking Bad film in which he has a role was released.

QuoteActor Robert Forster, who was nominated for an Oscar for his role in Quentin Tarantino's Jackie Brown, has died in Los Angeles aged 78.

The actor, born in Rochester, New York state, died on Friday of brain cancer.

He credited Tarantino with reviving his career and he went on to many other roles including Twin Peaks season 3.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50025723

Blue Jam

Sad news. His passing has left a real vacuum.

Malcy

Stephen Moore has died aged 81. Great actor known for Hitchhiker's Guide, Harry Enfield, The Queen's Nose & Adrian Mole.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/news/5515/stephen_moore_rip/

Dr Trouser

I'm amazed to hear he was 81, and sad that he's gone.

He starred in a really creepy Play for Today, in 1980, about a suburban family man succumbing to paranoid schizophrenia.

Cerys

[tag]I think you ought to know that I'm feeling very deceased[/tag]

RIP, Stephen.  You'll always be the best Marvin.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Cerys on October 13, 2019, 08:32:53 PM
[tag]I think you ought to know that I'm feeling very deceased[/tag]

RIP, Stephen.  You'll always be the best Marvin.

mos' definitely.