Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:28:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Inbetweeners 10 yer reunion programme

Started by paruses, January 01, 2019, 09:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bumlord

Quote from: Jockice on January 30, 2019, 06:08:51 AM
That's unlistenable. They could at least have turned the mics on before recording it.

I used the old 'turn-the-volume-up' trick.

Jockice

Quote from: Utterdrivel on January 30, 2019, 12:59:17 PM
I used the old 'turn-the-volume-up' trick.

Full blast. Couldn't hear a thing. And I'm far from alone. Just check the comments.

The Bumlord

Heard it perfectly. Through my Sony WH1000XM2s connected wirelessly to my TV with volume at 70%.

Please kill me.

magval

Aye I downloaded the audio on a whim on the bus and listened on cheap Chinese headphones over bluetooth at half volume and there's no problem. Maybe it's the video version that has shit sound?

purlieu

Quote from: bgmnts on January 30, 2019, 01:04:23 AM
As much as I liked the first series of The Inbetweeners, and as much as it definitely mocks lad culture; like the pub landlord Al Murray character i'd hazard a guess that the main audience for it are the people and culture it subtly mocks. Although maybe replace lad with bants for the modern age.
Yes, I think it's probably misunderstood by a lot of people (like Al Murray and even stuff like Men Behaving Badly). The premise is four lads who are fairly normal, kind of sensitive, but are at an age where they're not willing to admit that's who they are so feel like they have to pretend to be cooler / nastier / more 'manly'. Away from the bigger set-pieces, it was always really well-observed.

But then there are always going to be people who misunderstand the point of TV shows. I remember watching Nathan Barley and my housemate - who had literally zero knowledge of 'hipster' culture - found the broader bits of it funny, and thus started quoting it, saying things like "peace and fucking". I didn't have the heart to tell him how badly he'd misunderstood the show.