Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:09:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Andre the Giant, we hardly knew ye

Started by kalowski, January 01, 2019, 10:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Just caught the last 40 odd minutes of the documentary on Sky Atlantic. It was great, and quite moving. My son burst into tears when it was discussing Andre's death. You couldn't help but be moved by his "minder" choking back the tears.
I guess his power as a wrestler was the fact that he was basically an immovable object. Fucking huge. Hats off to Hulk Hogan, who lifted Andre over his head.
I'll have to watch the whole thing now.

Zutroy

Quote from: kalowski on January 01, 2019, 10:43:01 PM
Hats off to Hulk Hogan, who lifted Andre over his head.
I'll have to watch the whole thing now.

Right over the head brother, held him there for the world to see, all 700lbs just ask  the 93 000 in the Silverdome. He died three days later. HH

hummingofevil

It's on Now TV abd you can watch it on the free trial Entertainment package. Atlanta season 2 on there too.

biggytitbo

It's excellent. I loved how Andre could down 5 bottles of wine at dinner, even when he was on a diet.

KennyMonster

Did it mention that playwright Samuel Beckett (waiting for Godot etc.) used to give him a lift to school every day?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 02, 2019, 01:18:29 PM
It's excellent. I loved how Andre could down 5 bottles of wine at dinner, even when he was on a diet.

That's nothing when you look at middle aged women.

Go on, look at them.

Look at them you dirty fuck.

kalowski

Quote from: KennyMonster on January 13, 2019, 11:02:17 AM
Did it mention that playwright Samuel Beckett (waiting for Godot etc.) used to give him a lift to school every day?
Magic!