Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:53:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Carnivore snowflakes triggered by vegan sausage roll

Started by Thursday, January 02, 2019, 06:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pranet

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 03, 2019, 11:54:46 AM
What if we discover in the next few years that vegetables are actually sentient creatures that have hopes and fears and like to go down to the pub? What are vegans going to do then? Apologise for the trail of death they have left behind them I hope.

I think there is a Roald Dahl story with that premise. Possibly Ray Bradbury.

Sebastian Cobb

Captain Crunch hit the nail on the head, this is all just to sell more stuff.

king_tubby

That's capitalism for you. Or as I like to call it, CRAPitalism.

Replies From View

Quote from: king_tubby on January 03, 2019, 02:36:16 PM
That's capitalism for you. Or as I like to call it, CRAPitalism.

CRAPSHITPISSJISM, I call it.

king_tubby

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 03, 2019, 10:55:58 AM
Salads are like turntablism; they should always be an accompaniment rather than the main event.

Hench The Invisibl Skratch Piklz.

Thursday

I got one for lunch. It was fine had this slightly odd flavouring to it, but it felt and tasted quite a lot like a sausage roll but no animals died so that's good.

Cuellar

But you've just poured revenue into a company that does kill animals! Now they can afford to kill lots more!!

Buelligan

It doesn't kill them for pleasure though, well, only the pleasure of having its profit-bean tickled to please the bean counters.  If the bean counters are happy they'll suggest more beans and less beings.  Everyone is happy.  (Except the beans).

Replies From View

Quote from: Buelligan on January 03, 2019, 03:41:46 PM
It doesn't kill them for pleasure though, well, only the pleasure of having its profit-bean tickled to please the bean counters.  If the bean counters are happy they'll suggest more beans and less beings.  Everyone is happy.  (Except the beans).

What's the difference here between the beans and the beings?

And it should be fewer beings anyway.

Buelligan

One's a clitoris or legume, the others are just cunts.

Captain Z

Ok so I tried one and I must admit I now feel happier, healthier, and also well up for a world war.

biggytitbo

Perhaps we should close this thread now as we have found ourselves dancing to Piers Morgan's tune, which is a dark place to be.

madhair60

Perhaps not so dark a place as the mass graves of Hitler's Holocaust; he, too, was a vegetarian.

Norton Canes

There was a documentary on ITV (I think, maybe C4) last night about Vegans, the first few minutes were the reporter at a Vegan food festival trying all the stuff and going like "Mm I can't believe that's not dairy cheese" and then they talked to some nutritionist and it looked like it was just going to be about Vegan food and maybe how to get the extra vitamins etc. you need...

Then they got onto Vegan web channels and within five more minutes they were following some gang of animal activists round a Jewish chicken factory as they daubed 'CHICKEN HOLOCAUST' over the walls.

I mean, can you imagine, there's a documentary about Islam, and within the ten minutes they've gone Go-Pro with ISIS?

I mean.

Blumf

Replies From View

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 03, 2019, 04:58:46 PM
I mean, can you imagine, there's a documentary about Islam, and within the ten minutes they've gone Go-Pro with ISIS?

You should suggest it to Louis Theroux.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Jewish chicken factory as they daubed 'CHICKEN HOLOCAUST' over the walls.

That was at Duckau.

madhair60

There was a documentary on ITV (I think, maybe C4) last night about Vegans, the first few minutes were the reporter at a Vegan food festival trying all the stuff and going like "Mm I can't believe that's not dairy cheese" and then they talked to some nutritionist and it looked like it was just going to be about Vegan food and maybe how to get the extra vitamins etc. you need...

Then they got onto Vegan web channels and within five more minutes they were following some gang of animal activists round a Jewish chicken factory as they daubed 'CHICKEN HOLOCAUST' over the walls.

I mean.

Well... there's a particular vegetarian who was himself rather keen on the actual Holocaust. Because, indeed, he instigated it.

His name? Adolf Hitler.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Is it morally defensible to eat human meat as a way of protecting the animal population? Cause I might give that a shot if Greggs release a steak bake of it.

Fambo Number Mive

Greggs's vegan sausage roll introduction is a good thing, however it does worry me how many people on Twitter seem to think the company is something more than a business trying to make money from selling food and fawn all over it. One SNP MP even tweeted that he wants Labour and the Tories to be replaced by the Greggs social media team.

Haven't been to a Greggs for years tbh.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on January 03, 2019, 06:45:26 PM
Is it morally defensible to eat human meat as a way of protecting the animal population? Cause I might give that a shot if Greggs release a steak bake of it.

You never shopped in Farmfoods then?

Cloud

Most of the fury seems to be people mad about official definitions of a sausage.

My town is quite an upmarket middle class one but as mentioned in the local rag, the working class town 10 miles away didn't get them.  Guess they know their markets?

Got to try one, quite liked it (I quite like the meat ones, for reference).  I liked that it was served warm and was soft and gooey substitute stuff just like the meat ones, as I've had Quorn sausage rolls before and whilst I like the taste I found them a bit solid and dry. 

The taste was about the same to my buds.

Next time I end up at a Greggs for some reason I'll probably continue pick it over the meat one for gristle avoidance and to save another fraction of a pig, seeing as it's no worse.  I'm not vegan or vegetarian but yay, one more stepping stone (many more to go)

king_tubby

My other half went out to get one. Sold out. LS4 though. They know their audience.

Rizla

cunt. this is cunt. piers cunt has same cunt publicity cunt as bakers cunt. cunt is a cunt stunt to trend cunt food. cunt morgan helps. cunt for cunts is what this is. cunt.

Kryton

Quote from: Cuellar on January 03, 2019, 11:42:22 AM
I'm very much of the opinion that the line between 'pet' and 'food' is entirely arbitrary and to eat a pig but not a dog is absurd.

Same. I remember some horrid vegan type trying to 'convert' me with her shitty vegan cheese and her patronising tone about 'well meat is just murdered animals'. How I wouldn't eat a dog or a cat and that I'm a hypocrite.

I told her I'd fucking eat any animal. Anything. Cat, dog, octopus, crocodile. Anything.

She was insistent that I was unaware that the meat on my plate was a dead animal. I told her dead animals are far easier to eat than live ones.

But yeah some vegans are completely insufferable, it's not just meat eaters.
I like to think most people couldn't give a fuck to be honest, but there's a certain subsection of society that is often aligned with patronisingly middle class cunts who think their PETA subscriptions give them the right to antagonise people just for eating a pork chop.

Eat what you want I say. It's all good.

Kryton

Come the apocalypse it'll be the meat eaters who will be hunting down and eating the starving vegans (after the rats, cats and bats). So it all balances out.

Veganuary must be a marketing thing, I can't believe Gregg's and McDonald's launching vegan products in the first few days of 2019 is coincidental.

Consignia