Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:30:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Carnivore snowflakes triggered by vegan sausage roll

Started by Thursday, January 02, 2019, 06:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

I mean I say I can't eat Quorn, I can eat Quorn if I so choose, but it comes back again half an hour or so later in a bright orange spume

New page shit my warning is now on the old page

Icehaven

Quote from: Cuellar on January 04, 2019, 03:09:47 PM
But Baker's Oven gives the unsettling suggestion of actually stepping INSIDE a baker's oven. Will you be roasted alive when you step inside? Who can say. Offputting.

Butcher's Knife
Cobbler's Hammer
Farmer's Scythe
Hunter's Gun
Mechanic's Spanner
Gravedigger's Spade.

Icehaven

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 04, 2019, 04:01:05 PM
++ WARNING ++

This new Greggs vegan sausage roll is made of QUORN

If like me you can't eat Quorn do not attempt to ingest the new Greggs vegan sausage roll

Is it that surprising that a meat substitute food is made out of meat substitute? Or is it just that particular one?

Quote from: icehaven on January 04, 2019, 04:25:02 PM
Is it that surprising that a meat substitute food is made out of meat substitute? Or is it just that particular one?

Quorn is unusual amongst meat substitutes as it's made from fungi rather than soy/wheat protein. I'm not a big fan of it either.

DrGreggles

biggytitbo

Isn't there a meat substitute substitute you can try?

Icehaven

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on January 04, 2019, 04:28:33 PM
Quorn is unusual amongst meat substitutes as it's made from fungi rather than soy/wheat protein. I'm not a big fan of it either.

I see I see. I tried Quorn mince once years ago when cooking chili for some veggie friends and I didn't much like it, but I put it down to my brain expecting beef and not getting any but maybe it's just all-out rank.

king_tubby

Quorn mince is shitloads better than it was. Really good in stuff with strong flavours like curry, chilli and that. I wouldn't use it as a meat sub in a cottage pie though.

Replies From View

Do they ever press quorn into the shape of a pig's snout or anything?  I'd be more inclined to eat it if they did.

Thursday

hummingofevil

Vegan Sausage rolls completely sold out across Newcastle.

Replies From View

Hard-core and soft-core quorn varieties would go down a treat.

Twed

Replies From View

Quote from: Twed on January 04, 2019, 07:13:14 PM
Wait, is Quorn vegan now?

What?  We were all talking about wanking, mate.

I'm going to say "wanking" now - you tell me what you hear:  QUORN

Quote from: Twed on January 04, 2019, 07:13:14 PM
Wait, is Quorn vegan now?

Most of their stuff had egg in it but I think they're putting out more vegan lines now.

Replies From View

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on January 04, 2019, 07:41:41 PM
Most of their stuff had egg in it but I think they're putting out more vegan lines now.

Lines of Quorcaine.

Cloud

Hmm, so is a Quorn quiche lorraine a Quorraine 🤔

Sin Agog

What do you call an Irish little person who's vegetarian and also a leprequorn?  A leprequorn.

Twed

I thought that was what the French called the meal they have before eating some Quorn.

Replies From View

Q)  In classical antiquity, what, also called the horn of substitution, was a symbol of meat abstinence, commonly a large horn-shaped container overflowing with fermented fungus and egg albumen?

A)  Quornucopia.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on January 04, 2019, 04:28:33 PM
Quorn is unusual amongst meat substitutes as it's made from fungi rather than soy/wheat protein...

"Mmm... fungi."

Replies From View

Does Mr Charmley have the same vegan agenda (vegenda) as the Piers Morgans and Greggses of this world?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-46761359

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Replies From View on January 05, 2019, 10:53:38 AM
Does Mr Charmley have the same vegan agenda (vegenda) as the Piers Morgans and Greggses of this world?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-46761359

His party privatised the buses so he can fuck off - you know, even more than the fuck off he already needs to do for being a bigoted little twat.

Paul Calf

alan nagsworth

As a vegetarian I can say with confidence that my two hopes for the outcome of all this are that Piers and Greggs and the whole PR team all make loads of money off this and live even more great problem-free lives, and that the vegan sausage roll is the same consistency as the regular sausage roll, i.e. made up of scraps of Quorn off the dirty cutting room floor and mulched together with a load of old foliage pulled out of people's drainpipes.

Replies From View

All I can say with confidence is I sure hope the meat comes back soon; all these vegan sausage rolls have left me parched!  Am I right fellow-meat eaters?

*FELLOW MEAT-EATERS CHEER UNRELENTINGLY FOR A SOLID NINETY SECONDS*

alan nagsworth

how are you cheering on such an empty stomach and dry throat

Replies From View

Quote from: alan nagsworth on January 05, 2019, 01:37:51 PM
how are you cheering on such an empty stomach and dry throat

Self-preservation is so incredibly strong in humans.

alan nagsworth

the fuck's self-preservation when it's at home? you meta-snowflakes will eat anything nowadays. not me though. off to eat some QUORN