Author Topic: Carnivore snowflakes triggered by vegan sausage roll  (Read 5552 times)

Re: Carnivore snowflakes triggered by vegan sausage roll
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2019, 05:05:32 PM »
As a vegetarian of 20 years, the only real prejudice I come up against is my Mum every Christmas going "Why don't you have some turkey? You used to like turkey!" "Why don't you have some fish. You used to like fish!" Despite the fact that the last time I enjoyed these things was at the same point in my life when I thought Prodigy Firestarter was the best record ever made, and that all politician should take ecstasy to see we're all basically the same. Irritating then, but nothing to create a huge stink over. I even had one meat-eater this year (uncle) say he empathised with the vegetarian position, but just couldn't see himself giving it up. So things are slowly improving in the SWP household, even if not in the world.

Well my mum hectors me into eating sprouts and she isn't even a vegetarian. We all have our crosses to bear.

St_Eddie

« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2019, 05:09:30 PM »
As a vegetarian of 20 years, the only real prejudice I come up against is my Mum every Christmas going "Why don't you have some turkey? You used to like turkey!" "Why don't you have some fish. You used to like fish!"

Nana: "Would you like a ham sandwich, Emma?"
Emma: "No thanks, I'm vegetarian."
Nana: "Oh, that's a shame for you, Emma... Barbara, can't she have some wafer thin ham?"

« Reply #242 on: January 05, 2019, 05:18:18 PM »
As a vegetarian of 20 years, the only real prejudice I come up against is my Mum every Christmas going "Why don't you have some turkey? You used to like turkey!"

Really? Because the physical manifestation - the very symbol of prejudice - is the swastika. The swastika employed by the Nazi movement of prominent vegetarian Adolf Hitler.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

• Chatto & Windus
« Reply #243 on: January 05, 2019, 05:20:17 PM »
Indeed.

Replies From View

• Rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.
  • Golden Member
  • Gargoyles have milk bags.
« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2019, 05:20:31 PM »
BUT YOU ALWAYS LOVED HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICHES

pigamus

• Sex, death, mayonnaise.
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2019, 05:41:41 PM »
They had one of these left in a Greggs I was in today. I briefly considered buying it, but then I didn't.

Hope you enjoyed my contribution to the thread.

St_Eddie

« Reply #246 on: January 06, 2019, 09:28:44 PM »
Really? Because the physical manifestation - the very symbol of prejudice - is the swastika. The swastika employed by the Nazi movement of prominent vegetarian Adolf Hitler.

Do you know what?  I coul

« Reply #247 on: January 06, 2019, 09:52:47 PM »
I had a Vegan Roll in Greggs today. Not as bad as I thought, won't buy it again though.

St_Eddie

« Reply #248 on: January 06, 2019, 10:13:40 PM »
I had a Vegan Roll in Greggs today. Not as bad as I thought...

Greggs is happy.

...won't buy it again though.

Greggs is sad.