Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:12:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Carnivore snowflakes triggered by vegan sausage roll

Started by Thursday, January 02, 2019, 06:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on January 05, 2019, 04:54:43 PM
As a vegetarian of 20 years, the only real prejudice I come up against is my Mum every Christmas going "Why don't you have some turkey? You used to like turkey!" "Why don't you have some fish. You used to like fish!" Despite the fact that the last time I enjoyed these things was at the same point in my life when I thought Prodigy Firestarter was the best record ever made, and that all politician should take ecstasy to see we're all basically the same. Irritating then, but nothing to create a huge stink over. I even had one meat-eater this year (uncle) say he empathised with the vegetarian position, but just couldn't see himself giving it up. So things are slowly improving in the SWP household, even if not in the world.

Well my mum hectors me into eating sprouts and she isn't even a vegetarian. We all have our crosses to bear.

St_Eddie

As a vegetarian of 20 years, the only real prejudice I come up against is my Mum every Christmas going "Why don't you have some turkey? You used to like turkey!" "Why don't you have some fish. You used to like fish!"

Nana: "Would you like a ham sandwich, Emma?"
Emma: "No thanks, I'm vegetarian."
Nana: "Oh, that's a shame for you, Emma... Barbara, can't she have some wafer thin ham?"

madhair60

As a vegetarian of 20 years, the only real prejudice I come up against is my Mum every Christmas going "Why don't you have some turkey? You used to like turkey!"

Really? Because the physical manifestation - the very symbol of prejudice - is the swastika. The swastika employed by the Nazi movement of prominent vegetarian Adolf Hitler.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Replies From View

pigamus

They had one of these left in a Greggs I was in today. I briefly considered buying it, but then I didn't.

Hope you enjoyed my contribution to the thread.

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on January 05, 2019, 05:18:18 PM
Really? Because the physical manifestation - the very symbol of prejudice - is the swastika. The swastika employed by the Nazi movement of prominent vegetarian Adolf Hitler.

Do you know what?  I coul

Camp Tramp

I had a Vegan Roll in Greggs today. Not as bad as I thought, won't buy it again though.

St_Eddie