Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:15:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Carnivore snowflakes triggered by vegan sausage roll

Started by Thursday, January 02, 2019, 06:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

I paused eating meat last January.  I'm not eating meat right now. I'm not one of those vegetarians who go on and on. I'm just not eating meat right now. Not a thing really. I'm not eating meat right now. Peole keep trying to label me vegetarian. I'm not one of those people, I'm not eating meat right now. See the difference? I don't go on about it at all. I'm just not eating meat right now.

This has made me very popular.

DrGreggles

Quote from: icehaven on January 02, 2019, 08:56:23 PM
Mr. H bought me the most beautiful pair of DMs for Christmas that, on casual inspection of the label a day or so after Xmas, turned out to be vegan ones.

None of my footwear eat anything.

Captain Crunch

I've seen a couple of unhelpful comments along the lines of "so you'll pander to the fashionable vegans but not do gluten free eh eh?  Lifestyle choices over medical needs eh?".  Not helpful but some people just love slagging off Greggs because it's for poors. 

Sebastian Cobb

It's not that it's 'for poors' it's that it's an atrocious, lowest-common-denominator example of a pie shop for people that clearly don't like pies, that wiped out better pie shops in the process.

I don't get uppity at the existence of Farmfoods but might if they muscled Lidl out of town.

Lemming

Reminder that the Linda McCartney Sausage Rolls are fucking delish and the absolute magnum opus of vegetarian/vegan foods.

biggytitbo

They're made of Linda McCartney you know, but because she was a vegetarian for decades that makes her flesh technically a vegetable.

What are Greggs vegan sausage rolls made of? Dog dirt and stuff collected from down the settee is my guess.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Captain Crunch on January 02, 2019, 10:25:55 PM
some people just love slagging off Greggs because it's for poors.

Not me. I slag them of because I don't like their food. I'd love them to sell nicer food. Hot Scotch eggs too.
SELL NICER FOOD PLEASE!

Pingers

Can 'Carnivore Snowflakes' now be some kind of meaty cornflakes please.

gib

Quote from: Lemming on January 02, 2019, 10:41:03 PM
Reminder that the Linda McCartney Sausage Rolls are fucking delish and the absolute magnum opus of vegetarian/vegan foods.

Have you tried the sainsburys mini/party frozen sausage rolls, they are the best ones.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Lemming on January 02, 2019, 10:41:03 PM

No they're not.  They're absolutely vile.  Avoid at all costs.

St_Eddie

In reality, I'm just sick of supermarkets running out of stock of Linda McCartney's delicious sausage rolls because they sell like hot cakes delicious sausage rolls and I'm trying to throw the rest of you off the scent.

St_Eddie

But anyway, like I said; absolutely vile!  Truly revolting.  Eat anything other than those hard to find and delicious sausage rolls.  Yuk!

Chollis

You can't beat a sausage, cheese and bean melt. You just can't.

Lemming

Quote from: gib on January 02, 2019, 11:21:13 PM
Have you tried the sainsburys mini/party frozen sausage rolls, they are the best ones.

I have not, but I will betray my TESCO BRAND LOYALTY and head to Sainsbury's to get some.

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 02, 2019, 11:32:28 PM
In reality, I'm just sick of supermarkets running out of stock of Linda McCartney's delicious sausage rolls because they sell like hot cakes delicious sausage rolls and I'm trying to throw the rest of you off the scent.

I've bought out the stocks and will send them to needy people such as yourself for a reasonable 3000% markup.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Urinal Cake

Meat sausage rolls are mostly carrot and breadcrumbs anyways.

Pastie > Sausage rolls

Also PM doesn't really know what PC is. This whole anti-vegetarian thing was also blight on Bourdain who was exceedingly reasonable when it came to food and culture.

kittens

eating meat is morally indefensible isn't it. when you think about it for a moment. there's no way to actually morally justify it.

bgmnts

"What do you even eat?"

The same fucking thing as you just without the animal bit you dozy cunt.

You think the way meat eaters carry on with their questions that they are actually carnivores, eating literally just meat.

machotrouts

Quote from: bgmnts on January 03, 2019, 02:36:45 AM"What do you even eat?"

The same fucking thing as you just without the animal bit you dozy cunt.

You think the way meat eaters carry on with their questions that they are actually carnivores, eating literally just meat.

Yeah, literally the defining characteristic of veganism is what you don't eat. It's just an absence of a thing. Make a Venn diagram out of vegan diets and non-vegan diets and you just get a circle inside a slightly bigger circle. Most vegan insults are so awkward and strained because they try to think of a "vegan food" and end up with, like, "salad muncher" or something, like salads are some novel thing that meat-eaters don't get access to. Be like a bisexual going "ugh, what do you gay guys even do, just sit around sucking cock all day?". Well within your remit too, mate

biggytitbo

Can vegans eat aliens? It's quite possible aliens aren't even made of meat.

Blue Jam

I was triggered by a vegan sausage roll last night. It was great, and much cheaper than a proper dildo.

Sin Agog

Quote from: gib on January 02, 2019, 11:21:13 PM

Asda do some vegan sausage rolls for a pound now, and some vegetable curry pasties which are so much better than that sounds.  They're just scattered about in other sections, though, like most vegan food.

madhair60

Sin Agog

Pol Pot loves Fray Bentos.  At least according to some graffiti I once saw.

madhair60

It would be fucking weird being a vegetarian. "let's fuck off down the Wetherspoons for a beer and a nut roast". Yeah, doesn't track. Vegetarianism is absolutely mad.

hummingofevil

Quote from: kittens on January 03, 2019, 02:31:57 AM
eating meat is morally indefensible isn't it. when you think about it for a moment. there's no way to actually morally justify it.

You could argue that biologically, we have evolved with a capacity/need to gain certain nutrients from eating meat. The B12 thing is a medical issue in our house that is resolved by food supplements and occasional injections (like twice ever). The same is also true of carnivores too. "How do you know you've had enough protein?" gets the response "the same way you know you've had enough potassium!"

Greg Wallace discussed a few years back how we've gone from people literally dying of malnutrition to obesity in cities in UK in just over one generation. He suggested the availability of cheap meat was a good thing for health of poorest people and solution to obesity issue is to find a new happy medium and not dismiss the benefits of cheap meat. I hate Greg Wallace but think it's an interesting discussion in contrast to tax-the-poor millionaire Jamie Oliver.

Also, I love walking up the hills and when you realise that almost all of our "natural" landscape has been designed to breed animals or birds for either eating or shooting then it does make me a little more sympathetic to eating meat as part of a sustainable local economy (not that this couldn't be changed over time if the public will was for that to happen).

Of course none of this really stands up when one understands the brutal and sadistic nature of mass-produced industrial meat production (why worry about your B12 levels if the bacon is giving you cancer) but they are arguments to consider if/when meat consumption decreases.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Pingers on January 02, 2019, 11:12:23 PM
Can 'Carnivore Snowflakes' now be some kind of meaty cornflakes please.

Blumenthal's hot take on beef carpaccio.