Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:01:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Carnivore snowflakes triggered by vegan sausage roll

Started by Thursday, January 02, 2019, 06:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 03, 2019, 06:56:31 AM
I was triggered by a vegan sausage roll last night. It was great, and much cheaper than a proper dildo.

I buy their vegan meat pies for similar reasons.

madhair60

Quote from: hummingofevil on January 03, 2019, 08:53:03 AMOf course none of this really stands up when one understands the brutal and sadistic nature of mass-produced industrial meat production

Point taken, but is said production as "brutal and sadistic" as, for example, Hitler's holocaust? Bear in mind Hitler's dietary proclivities (he was vegetarian), and things begin to come into focus.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: hummingofevil on January 03, 2019, 08:53:03 AM
You could argue that biologically, we have evolved with a capacity/need to gain certain nutrients from eating meat. The B12 thing is a medical issue in our house that is resolved by food supplements and occasional injections (like twice ever). The same is also true of carnivores too. "How do you know you've had enough protein?" gets the response "the same way you know you've had enough potassium!"
The largest two populations-India and China were historically sustained primarily by vegetarianism. The Indians used lentils and the Chinese used tofu for their protein.

Yeah and they were about four foot tall and lived in houses made of dogshit

jobotic

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: madhair60 on January 03, 2019, 08:16:28 AM
Wasn't Hitler a vegetarian though? Says a lot.

And a painter. He was basically an arts student.

biggytitbo

Hitler wasn't a vegetation, he just had big trouble shitting and tried various diets to ease his flatulence and constipation. If Hitler could have had a good run of well formed stools in the 1930s, none of the horrific events that subsequently unfolded would ever have happened, remember that next time you are flippant about this subject.

king_tubby

gib

Quote from: king_tubby on January 03, 2019, 09:52:59 AM
Anyone had one yet?

I'm planning on going there lunchtime, fucking starving thinking about it.

king_tubby

Quote from: gib on January 03, 2019, 09:55:35 AM
I'm planning on going there lunchtime, fucking starving thinking about it.

Please give it marks out of ten and tell us how much you were triggered when you scoffed it.

gib

Of course. Keeping an open mind because i find some quorn products are pretty terrible.

phes

How can you tell when someone is a meat eater?

They'll tell you the joke about vegans telling you they're vegan lol

biggytitbo

What about that meat they can grown in labs*? Will we end up with vast factories complexes growing giant, slivering mountains of meat, groaning in agony as it somehow becomes self aware?

*laboratories, not labradors.

Buelligan

You could argue that biologically, we have evolved with a capacity/need to gain certain nutrients from eating meat. The B12 thing is a medical issue in our house that is resolved by food supplements and occasional injections (like twice ever). The same is also true of carnivores too. "How do you know you've had enough protein?" gets the response "the same way you know you've had enough potassium!"

Greg Wallace discussed a few years back how we've gone from people literally dying of malnutrition to obesity in cities in UK in just over one generation. He suggested the availability of cheap meat was a good thing for health of poorest people and solution to obesity issue is to find a new happy medium and not dismiss the benefits of cheap meat. I hate Greg Wallace but think it's an interesting discussion in contrast to tax-the-poor millionaire Jamie Oliver.

Also, I love walking up the hills and when you realise that almost all of our "natural" landscape has been designed to breed animals or birds for either eating or shooting then it does make me a little more sympathetic to eating meat as part of a sustainable local economy (not that this couldn't be changed over time if the public will was for that to happen).

Of course none of this really stands up when one understands the brutal and sadistic nature of mass-produced industrial meat production (why worry about your B12 levels if the bacon is giving you cancer) but they are arguments to consider if/when meat consumption decreases.

Marmite, which is vegan, contains B12.

QuoteIn April this year, a scientific study suggested that the cult British foodstuff could help boost brain power and stave off dementia.

Researchers from York University said the high concentration of Vitamin B12 in the yeast extract increases levels of chemicals in the brain which are thought to protect against neurological disorders. Participants in the study ate a teaspoon of Marmite per day and were found to have increased levels of a neurotransmitter known as GABA, said to calm the brain and soothe the effects of anxiety.

The effects were noted for eight weeks after the study was completed, suggesting that the health benefits of the inimitable brown spread could have a long term impact on the body.

It also contains magnesium which is good for the nervous system and promotes restful sleep and has many other health benefits for the skin, anxiety, hangovers, heart health and pregnancy.

Plus, it's fucking delicious.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/nutrition/surprising-health-benefits-marmite/

madhair60

Quote from: phes on January 03, 2019, 10:02:12 AM
How can you tell when someone is a meat eater?

They'll tell you the joke about vegans telling you they're vegan lol

Also they are visibly imbued with strength and character. And dressed in clothes besides the admittedly stylish SS uniform.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: machotrouts on January 03, 2019, 05:59:10 AM
Yeah, literally the defining characteristic of veganism is what you don't eat. It's just an absence of a thing. Make a Venn diagram out of vegan diets and non-vegan diets and you just get a circle inside a slightly bigger circle. Most vegan insults are so awkward and strained because they try to think of a "vegan food" and end up with, like, "salad muncher" or something, like salads are some novel thing that meat-eaters don't get access to. Be like a bisexual going "ugh, what do you gay guys even do, just sit around sucking cock all day?". Well within your remit too, mate

Salads are like turntablism; they should always be an accompaniment rather than the main event.

Replies From View

Quote from: kittens on January 03, 2019, 02:31:57 AM
eating meat is morally indefensible isn't it. when you think about it for a moment. there's no way to actually morally justify it.

You have to grin and bear it.  The animals want to be eaten anyway, that's my understanding.

if We didn't eat the cows they would be everywhere like the mice.

Replies From View

Also, I love walking up the hills and when you realise that almost all of our "natural" landscape has been designed to breed animals or birds for either eating or shooting then it does make me a little more sympathetic to eating meat as part of a sustainable local economy (not that this couldn't be changed over time if the public will was for that to happen).

We could put up a few life-sized photos for you to reminisce.

biggytitbo

I agree, all animals are like that bloke who applied on the internet to be eaten by a German cannibal, they desperately want to be eaten and all those funny animal noises they make is their primitive version of 'applying on the internet to be eaten'. Moo = 'please eat me', Baa = 'drive me to your dead mums house and slaughter me in the bath then cook my cock and balls with some spices', etc.

Replies From View

Quote from: Buelligan on January 03, 2019, 10:18:29 AM
Marmite, which is vegan, contains B12.

True enough, but it is absolutely fucking disgusting.

pancreas

Quote from: Replies From View on January 03, 2019, 11:13:14 AM
True enough, but it is absolutely fucking disgusting.

I've spoken to it and it says the same about you. Frankly, I'd prefer to fuck the marmite.

Replies From View

Quote from: pancreas on January 03, 2019, 11:15:35 AM
I've spoken to it and it says the same about you. Frankly, I'd prefer to fuck the marmite.

Well I think that is very cruel.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 03, 2019, 11:09:57 AM
I agree, all animals are like that bloke who applied on the internet to be eaten by a German cannibal, they desperately want to be eaten and all those funny animal noises they make is their primitive version of 'applying on the internet to be eaten'. Moo = 'please eat me', Baa = 'drive me to your dead mums house and slaughter me in the bath then cook my cock and balls with some spices', etc.

There are some exceptions; " woof" for example, means " Don't  eat me, you Korean cunts."

Replies From View

I tend to agree with the people who argue that if the face has been removed, it has never once been an animal.

biggytitbo

pancreas

Cuellar

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on January 03, 2019, 11:34:27 AM
There are some exceptions; " woof" for example, means " Don't  eat me, you Korean cunts."

I'm very much of the opinion that the line between 'pet' and 'food' is entirely arbitrary and to eat a pig but not a dog is absurd.

Replies From View

Quote from: pancreas on January 03, 2019, 11:39:18 AM
No it isn't. The marmite is virtually insensate.

Yeast is like sea monkeys and can feel all your silly nonsense in your bed.

They don't like it plus they taste revolting.

What you do with marmite is worse than when a meat-eater keeps the face on on purpose.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Cuellar on January 03, 2019, 11:42:22 AM
I'm very much of the opinion that the line between 'pet' and 'food' is entirely arbitrary and to eat a pig but not a dog is absurd.

To be fair , " oink" translates as " I Don't blame you for eating me, mate, blumming delicious so I am. Nice bacon sarnie, innit ? Go on, tuck in ! "