Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:27:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Carnivore snowflakes triggered by vegan sausage roll

Started by Thursday, January 02, 2019, 06:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Blue Jam

Quote from: pancreas on January 03, 2019, 11:15:35 AM
I've spoken to it and it says the same about you. Frankly, I'd prefer to fuck the marmite.

I neither love nor hate Marmite, I merely quite like it. Am I a freak or is this much more common than the manufacturers claim?

Captain Z

Quote from: Cuellar on January 03, 2019, 11:42:22 AM
I'm very much of the opinion that the line between 'pet' and 'food' is entirely arbitrary and to eat a pig but not a dog is absurd.

Me too, I would absolutely eat a dog.

biggytitbo

What if we discover in the next few years that vegetables are actually sentient creatures that have hopes and fears and like to go down to the pub? What are vegans going to do then? Apologise for the trail of death they have left behind them I hope.

Blue Jam

Goats are really cute. They also taste nice. I dunno...

Replies From View

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 03, 2019, 11:54:00 AM
I neither love nor hate Marmite, I merely quite like it. Am I a freak or is this much more common than the manufacturers claim?

Well you aren't actively rejecting the Marmite conceit so I'd say it's borderline.

Ted_Dibiase

gib

UPDATE

fucking cunts don't do the new sausage roll in my town's branch

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Captain Z on January 03, 2019, 11:54:13 AM
Me too, I would absolutely eat a dog.

On second thoughts, going to remove my " Legend Lisa Top Bantz "response to that, as you may not be best chuffed with it.

king_tubby

Quote from: gib on January 03, 2019, 12:19:59 PM
UPDATE

fucking cunts don't do the new sausage roll in my town's branch

Those bitch ass motherfuckers.

pancreas

* NEWS FLASH *

I have just eaten a vegan sausage roll from Greggs. It is no worse than the meat ones. Unfortunately, it is also no better.

Cuellar

I hate sausage rolls. Puff pastry is horrible.

Duff pastry. Guff pastry.

madhair60

Quote from: pancreas on January 03, 2019, 12:27:16 PM
* NEWS FLASH *
I have just eaten a vegan sausage roll from Greggs. It is no worse than the meat ones. Unfortunately, it is also no better.

Bleep bloop. Must consume. New product. Bleep bleep.

You're a robot mate. Consume-o-tron. Undiscerning-bot.

Replies From View

biggytitbo

I wonder if 'Greggs' paid Piers Morgan to start a contrived row on twitter and get their vegan sausage roll trending, as it's turned out to be terrific free advertising otherwise.

Buelligan

Quote from: madhair60 on January 03, 2019, 12:29:46 PM

Not even a real fucking vegetarian either.  Worse than Hitler.

Replies From View

Quote from: Buelligan on January 03, 2019, 12:38:38 PM
Not even a real fucking vegetarian either.  Worse than Hitler.

Actually, the more vegetarian, the more worse-than-Hitler one is.

Hitler was a vegetarian, you know.  But only 100% vegetarian.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 03, 2019, 12:34:21 PM
I wonder if 'Greggs' paid Piers Morgan to start a contrived row on twitter and get their vegan sausage roll trending, as it's turned out to be terrific free advertising otherwise.

Like orangutan advert the other month, it's definitely contrived to trigger people and those being triggered are helping provide the free publicity.

It's not as though there is a single reason anyone can muster for why this is bad.

Buelligan

Yeah, but don't forget this is The Cunt Piers Morgan we're talking about.  Don't forget Babyslingogate.

king_tubby

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 03, 2019, 12:34:21 PM

Just seen a Tweet saying they have the same PR representation, so yes.

Edit: Taylor Herring UK.

Replies From View

What if there were no vegetables left anywhere in the land but plenty of cows?  Don't pretend you wouldn't get out your incisors and serrate out a nice cube of flesh.

pancreas

Quote from: madhair60 on January 03, 2019, 12:29:46 PM

I'm a gastronaut, an adventurer.

I bet you just eat bowls of cereal all day.

Replies From View

Quote from: pancreas on January 03, 2019, 12:52:04 PM
I'm a gastronaut, an adventurer.

I bet you just eat bowls of cereal all day.

That's called "eating breakfast for dinner" to some cunts.

Not me; I know that lunch (not "dinner") is at lunchtime - that is why it is fucking called "lunchtime".

So it is "eating breakfast for all other meals"; thank you and you are welcome.

gib

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 03, 2019, 12:40:18 PM
Like orangutan advert the other month, it's definitely contrived to trigger people and those being triggered are helping provide the free publicity.

It's not as though there is a single reason anyone can muster for why this is bad.

It's bad because although the hype worked, they didn't actually get any of the bastards in for me to try.

biggytitbo

Quote from: king_tubby on January 03, 2019, 12:49:12 PM
Just seen a Tweet saying they have the same PR representation, so yes.

Edit: Taylor Herring UK.

Really? Got a link. The whole thing is trending again now, and as Shoulders says, it's an absolute nothing story but get Piers Morgan involved and half the western hemisphere are talking about it. Morgan 100% knows what he's doing, it's all schtick but people always seem to rise to it.

king_tubby

@norock, two hours ago. Can't c&p the tweet on a work browser, sorry.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 03, 2019, 01:51:35 PM

Really? Got a link. The whole thing is trending again now, and as Shoulders says, it's an absolute nothing story but get Piers Morgan involved and half the western hemisphere are talking about it. Morgan 100% knows what he's doing, it's all schtick but people always seem to rise to it.

https://www.taylorherring.com/case-studies/the-insider-by-piers-morgan/

https://www.taylorherring.com/case-studies/greggspragency/

I reckon there's some truth in the idea they'd not get the same attention if they started banging out pies for coeliac's.

Blumf

Quote from: king_tubby on January 03, 2019, 02:02:19 PM
@norock, two hours ago. Can't c&p the tweet on a work browser, sorry.

Here ya go:

https://twitter.com/norock/status/1080792312702218240
QuoteSimon HB @norock

How terrible it must be for @TaylorHerringUK PR to have two of its clients in a big Twitter spat during a quiet news period

3:45 am - 3 Jan 2019

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 03, 2019, 02:04:17 PM
I reckon there's some truth in the idea they'd not get the same attention if they started banging out pies for coeliac's.

Why can't they just eat ordinary celery pie?  It has to be its own special therapy for them to be happy.

Already sick of them.

Captain Crunch