Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:20:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Spider-Man game - the no spoiler thread

Started by wooders1978, January 03, 2019, 09:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wooders1978

I just got this based on a few recommendations on here and elsewhere
Oh dear, I am playing the intro and I am not enjoying it, I also think I've been a little spoiled with RDR2 and god of war so the graphics look appalling in comparison
I've shelled out 40 notes for this, does it get better after this first mission?

Replies From View

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I've only played a little bit of RDR2, but I didn't find it particularly impressive looking, especially next to Spider-Man.

wooders1978

Well you are a mental in that case

Looks like I spoke to soon though as this has everyones dream scenario for a Spider-Man game - a bit where you play as Mary Jane Watson!!

If you're a big fan of realistic horse balls, I'm sure RDR2 is the dog's bollocks. I just thought it looked fairly standard. That said, I'm the one person who didn't think Blade Runner 2049 was particularly impressive looking (correctly) so take my opinion and add salt to taste.

wooders1978

Yes - I also strongly disagree with you on the blade runner issue - I reckon we don't think the same things look good, n that's fine !

Spiteface

Honestly, I bought this a while ago but I can go weeks, even months without playing it. Haven't finished it, of course.

Which is odd because I adore the Batman Arkham games, but this isn't quite doing it for me.

It's getting traded in when the RE2 remake is out.

We can agree to disagree. The important thing is that we agree that I'm right and you're wrong and bad and smelly.

biggytitbo

Spiderman is one of the best looking games ever made and is tremendous fun to play.

wooders1978

It's gradually winning me over I must admit - I'm to stubborn to not play a game that's cost me 50 quid mind you regardless of enjoyment levels

madhair60

I enjoyed it from the off, but admittedly in a shallow sort of way. I would say it gets better and better as the story progresses.

Jerzy Bondov

I done all the side missions in this, absolutely rinsed it, but the best part of it for me was the story. Especially the end. The way things go with the main baddie. Very good stuff.

brat-sampson

I smashed this out over a couple of weeks. Gradually adding more features and things to do worked for me in terms of keeping things interesting, and I really liked the plot. the MJ bots were weaker overall, but there was one that turned out to be a lot of fun.

It's just fun to like swing about and twat villains with giant jizznets, innnit.

Mister Six

At about the 40 percent completion mark, which made me nervous for the longevity of this thing, especially as some of the main missions consist of "go to the trigger location and watch a cutscene", but I've also been hoovering up the side missions - got all the backpacks, cleaned up the construction sites and am on my way to pick up Black Cat (fnarr) so hopefully that accounts for some of it.

Anyway, it's great fun and looks gorgeous. You're mad. Also I found the dog park I take my dog to sometimes. Alas, no dogs in the game...

Consignia

There's no Spider-dogging either. Just to set your expectations for the Black Cat encounter.

Consignia

To get back to the OP, it took me a while to really get into the game. It really clicked for me though once I mastered webslinging. After that travesal was so much fun, I couldn't get enough of it. I do think it's one of those games you really need to let breath and can't dismiss on the strength of the first chapter, as it's not particularly representative of the game.

Jerzy Bondov

The webslinging is deceptive in that you can get by playing quite sloppily. It's not until you go for gold in some of the challenges that you actually need to perform well, and it turns out to be really rewarding and deep.

wooders1978

Well, I had it badly wrong about this game, I thoroughly enjoyed it by the end (way before then t be honest) - I am a big daft dafty

Mister Six

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on January 04, 2019, 03:47:43 PM
The webslinging is deceptive in that you can get by playing quite sloppily. It's not until you go for gold in some of the challenges that you actually need to perform well, and it turns out to be really rewarding and deep.

Just unlocked the challenges and had my arse firmly handed to me. Suddenly realised how lazy I've been with my web swinging until now - and why there's that whole "useless" traversal skill tree. I'll have to come back to these once I've pumped more points into that, I think, particularly the double speed-boost one.