Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:54:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wanted: vote counting thing (Excel or app?)

Started by Norton Canes, January 03, 2019, 02:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

I have rather foolishly offered to run a vote on another message board where people can vote for their top three from a list of about twenty options. I want to award three points for first place, two points for second place and one point to third place in each voting submission. However I don't want to have to count up and calculate all the points, as 30-odd people may be voting.

I am guessing my best avenues for help are either Excel or an online app. I need to be able to add my list of ≈20 options in a column, with columns for the number of 1st, 2nd and 3rd place votes alongside. Since I'm counting as I go along, I just want to click a '+' button (or '-' in case of errors) in each relevant cell to increment the value. Then there obviously needs to be a 'Total' column at the end of each row to display (1st place votes*3)+(2nd place votes*2)+(3rd place votes*1) for each option. It would be nice it it could sort the options into score order as it goes along.

Is there something easy to set up to do this? If it takes more than ten minutes to set up I might as well record the votes and work out the totals myself. Please don't involve complex Excel formulae, if I have to paste code into more than one place it's too complicated.

If anyone finds a way to do it that fulfills these criteria, I'll tell you what it is people are voting on. If not it will be my dark secret ha ha ha.

Norton Canes

Norton Canes