Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:53:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Theresa May still in charge? Brexit Discussion Thread Four

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 03, 2019, 08:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Theresa May still in Cheers?

Yeah she plays Norm
8 (21.1%)
Yes as moral support, bellowing "FUCK HIM UP SAM" at opportune moments
8 (21.1%)
Nah mate of course not; died!
6 (15.8%)
No; her backstage attempt to lez up with Diane Keaton went awry
11 (28.9%)
Mary Celeste
5 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Fambo Number Mive

Alberon

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about her.

She's not been in charge since a year ago last summer.

Replies From View

Why are police being prepared to be deployed in Ireland after BREXIT? What do they think will happen?

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1080738722780508160?s=21

QuoteOne point often lost in the great Seaborne scandal:

How did a company with no ships, no background in shipping & only £66 & a website in assets even become aware of the secretive bidding process in the 1st place?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Paul Calf

Their terms and conditions - that form part of a legal contract with users and customers - were copied from a pizza delivery company website. You can throw as much doubt at this as you like, but this is transparent government corruption and you don't care about it.

imitationleather

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 03, 2019, 09:25:44 PM
Their terms and conditions - that form part of a legal contract with users and customers - were copied from a pizza delivery company website. You can throw as much doubt at this as you like, but this is transparent government corruption and you don't care about it.

I thought biggy loved pizza-related conspiracies as well.

Nowhere Man

Paul Calf

Place your bets:

2/1:    "It's perfectly above board"
evens: "There's corruption but it's nothing to do with Brexit"
15/4 (on):   "There's corruption but it doesn't matter"

Alberon

It's farcical. The whole sudden panic no deal Brexit planning is only meant to scare MPs into voting for May's awful deal.

And it won't work.

David Davis was saying he thinks May will delay the vote again, though I don't agree. That's one step too far even for her.

greencalx

The other story going around is that May's going to keep taking the deal back to the commons until they give in and vote the bloody thing through.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 03, 2019, 09:25:44 PM

That's staggering incompetence yes, and if there's nepotism involved I wouldn't be surprised. But if you're trying to convince me this is anything but a trivial sideline to the fundamental issues at stake here then no, I'm not interested. If I didn't think you (the msm and remainers generally) were desperately trying to amplify literally anything you could find that supports your pathological hatred of Brexit and wish to overturn the referendum result anyway you can, I might take you and this more seriously.

Zetetic

Maisie Williams has sprayed "FUCK OFF" on the doors of a Gala Bingo.

Cloud

Quote from: Captain Z on January 03, 2019, 08:59:00 PM
The story so far:

But in 100 pages, of circular bickering, at least one person has been convinced to think in a slightly different way :)

Paul Calf

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 03, 2019, 10:05:15 PM

That's staggering incompetence yes, and if there's nepotism involved I wouldn't be surprised. But if you're trying to convince me this is anything but a trivial sideline to the fundamental issues at stake here then no, I'm not interested. If I didn't think you (the msm and remainers generally) were desperately trying to amplify literally anything you could find that supports your pathological hatred of Brexit and wish to overturn the referendum result anyway you can, I might take you and this more seriously.

Paying 15/4.

jobotic

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 03, 2019, 10:05:15 PM

Is that the MSM that have been really quite quiet on this massive fucking scandal? Pathetic.

biggytitbo

I saw it on all the outlets I still bother with. And obviously the FBPE lot were squealing about it relentlessly on twitter, having suddenly become experts in shipping. And it's not really a massive scandal compared to the fundemental question of how our political system is run is it, its a controversy over a minor ferry service.

Anyway back to May, if she does try to delay again I think parliament will intervene. Everyone knows what she's up to now and I doubt even her own supporters are happy about it.

garnish

Hmm, yes it's been given quite a lot of coverage by the BBC for example.

How can Parliament intervene? I mean, literally, what is the mechanism for doing that?

jobotic

Yeah it got all of  minute on the After Luther News tonight. I expect Andrew O'Niell will be all over it too.

I wouldn't know what the FBPE are excited about. Can't see why anyone wouldn't be bothered by this though, Well, I can.

Zetetic

Shadow Secretary of State for Transport Andy McDonald squealing away, having suddenly become an expert in shipping.

Zetetic

I'm concerned about the plight of Eurozone countries like Greece, Italy and Spain - that's why I favour making them more dependent on the Eurozone and requesting that their citizens fuck off.

garnish

Quote from: jobotic on January 03, 2019, 10:47:49 PM
Yeah it got all of  minute on the After Luther News tonight. I expect Andrew O'Niell will be all over it too.

I wouldn't know what the FBPE are excited about. Can't see why anyone wouldn't be bothered by this though, Well, I can.

It was the first story on the news at ten on the day it broke and the restaurant terms and condition thing has been leading story on the hourly BBC news today.

biggytitbo

I don't know if Corbyn could force a vote on stopping the delay again, which I think was what Bercow wanted the first time. But failing that, he could call a no confidence motion I guess.

Alberon

There's no mechanism per se. If the cabinet turned around with one voice it might make a difference.

I think just before it got delayed the first time it was said a minister could move it to a vote and maybe that might be what happens here.

Though, in theory, if Tory MPs wouldn't support a no confidence vote she could sit there all year.

Paul Calf

There aren't two, let alone 10, Tory MPs who'd risk a Corbyn government. Every last one of them would vote against no-confidence. There's no route to a second referendum, even if Corbyn considered it a policy priority.

A50 extension or no-deal. I wonder whether Parliament would sanction an extension though.

finnquark

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 03, 2019, 10:51:07 PM
I don't know if Corbyn could force a vote on stopping the delay again, which I think was what Bercow wanted the first time. But failing that, he could call a no confidence motion I guess.

Will you be familiarising yourself with the workings of Parliament once it is newly sovereign?

Buelligan

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on January 03, 2019, 08:59:44 PM
Why are police being prepared to be deployed in Ireland after BREXIT? What do they think will happen?

I assume you're referring to this story.  I think it, like the insanity over Seaborne Ferries, is some hastily cobbled together guff to put the fear of god and hard Brexit up any MP toying with the idea of not voting for May's Deal. 

May should be trebucheted into the heart of the sun for playing chicken with something as serious as this.  Absolute stone cold cuntery.