Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:28:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Theresa May still in charge? Brexit Discussion Thread Four

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 03, 2019, 08:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Theresa May still in Cheers?

Yeah she plays Norm
8 (21.1%)
Yes as moral support, bellowing "FUCK HIM UP SAM" at opportune moments
8 (21.1%)
Nah mate of course not; died!
6 (15.8%)
No; her backstage attempt to lez up with Diane Keaton went awry
11 (28.9%)
Mary Celeste
5 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 38

jobotic

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 11, 2019, 06:38:03 PM
Whereas of course the British Government, The Prime Minister, The Conservative Party, 75% of MPs, 16 Local government authorities, the SNP, the Greens, Sinn Fein, Liberal Democrats, Plaid Cymru, George Osborne, Nick Clegg, Tony Blair, John Major, Ken Clarke, Peter Mandelson, Most university chancellors and presidents, Barack Obama, George Soros, Michael Bloomberg, Warren Buffet, Jacob Rothschild, Alan Sugar, Richard Branson, Lord Sainsbury, Li Ka Shing, Bill Gates, the EU, Mario Draghi, François Hollande, Christine Lagarde, Emmanuel Macron, Mariano Rajoy, Angela Merkel, Kofi Annan, Justin Trudeau, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, John McCain, Malcolm Turnbull, Xi Jinping, the IMF, the ECB, G7, G20, WTO, World Bank, NATO, the CBI, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, GlaxoSmithCline, Vodaphone, Unilever, ASDA, BT, Ford, Marks & Spencer, Shell, The Daily Mirror, Daily Record, FT, The Economist, Guardian, Observer, The Independent, Evening Standard, Mail on Sunday, New Statesman, The Scotsman, The Times, Sunday Mirror, The Herald, and almost all major celebrities, comedians, musicians, artists, writers, directors and sportsman played absolutely no part in the Referendum result either. Only brexit loving tory right wingers would ever be campaigning on the same side as those guys.

Hang on what's with all the foreign leaders? How come I'm not allowed to include Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump in my list, insignificant though they are?

JamesMcGrory

Quote from: jobotic on January 11, 2019, 08:00:31 PM
Hang on what's with all the foreign leaders? How come I'm not allowed to include Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump in my list, insignificant though they are?

A fair man might suggest that's because Donald Trump wasn't POTUS on or before 23 June 2016 (nor was he expected to become so) and Vladimir Putin didn't publicly comment on the E.U Referendum. But who wants "fair"?

biggytitbo

Caroline Lucas is a classic example of the 'gentrification' of the left that has left so much of the country feeling alienated and voiceless. This was written before brexit but it's one of the best articulations of the gaping chasm, as so brutally exposed by the referendum, that exists between the working classes and their supposed progressive representatives in parliament. Not to mention the extroedinarly sight of half the labour party trying to destroy their own leader becuse he's 'too left wing' - https://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdom/mike-wayne-deirdre-oneill/gentrification-of-left

biggytitbo

Quote from: jobotic on January 11, 2019, 08:00:31 PM

If you go to wikipedia they are all world leaders and major political figures who publicly supported remain.

Paul Calf

Howj Begg

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 11, 2019, 08:22:15 PM
Caroline Lucas is a classic example of the 'gentrification' of the left that has left so much of the country feeling alienated and voiceless. This was written before brexit but it's one of the best articulations of the gaping chasm, as so brutally exposed by the referendum, that exists between the working classes and their supposed progressive representatives in parliament. Not to mention the extroedinarly sight of half the labour party trying to destroy their own leader becuse he's 'too left wing' - https://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdom/mike-wayne-deirdre-oneill/gentrification-of-left

It's been said many times, but jesus fuck you are such an idiot and if the left was made of up of yous it would have alienated everyone by now.

Lucas has more progressive positions than JC in a number of diverse areas.

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 11, 2019, 08:29:14 PM
No, Trump is definitely not trying to interfere in the Brexit process.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46352463

And neither is Putin

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/20/vladimir-putin-theresa-may-brexit-fulfil-will-of-the-people
msm, mate. mssmsmsms. Invalid.

JamesMcGrory

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 11, 2019, 08:29:14 PM
No, Trump is definitely not trying to interfere in the Brexit process.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46352463

And neither is Putin

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/20/vladimir-putin-theresa-may-brexit-fulfil-will-of-the-people

The Guardian. They're brilliant. The lies they publish about Julian Assange since he ceased to be their poster boy because he was dishing dirt on the wrong people  - the public figures whose activities the public have no right to know anything about - is work even I'd be happy to put my name to.

As is the process of debate here. Someone makes a point 'all world leaders backed Remain', someone else gives counter examples of people who either weren't leaders or didn't comment prior to the E.U. Referendum and this is then validated by things they said years later. Brilliant.

Would you like to work for Gaping Britain?

Konki

Quote from: JamesMcGrory on January 11, 2019, 08:39:54 PM
The Guardian. They're brilliant. The lies they publish about Julian Assange since he ceased to be their poster boy because he was dishing dirt on the wrong people  - the public figures whose activities the public have no right to know anything about - is work even I'd be happy to put my name to.

As is the process of debate here. Someone makes a point 'all world leaders backed Remain', someone else gives counter examples of people who either weren't leaders or didn't comment prior to the E.U. Referendum and this is then validated by things they said years later. Brilliant.

Would you like to join our commune?

JamesMcGrory

Quote from: Konki on January 11, 2019, 08:43:40 PM
Would you like to join our commune?

In an executive capacity, quite possibly. There's always space above the lumpen gravy train for me. I know that. And I'm encouraged by the fact that despite addressing me directly since I asked it, you've entirely  failed to respond to my earlier question. Admirable indeed.

Paul Calf

Harley_Quim

Well we're all just cogs in the machine aren't we? Just some of the big cogs get a nice cushty job where they can get paid for falling asleep on leather clad benches in a fancy room and don't want the gravy train to end. The little cogs, like me and you, are just as important in terms of keeping the machine running, but we're easily replaced with cheaper parts and only get arrested when we sleep on benches.

The world is a cruel place.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Howj Begg on January 11, 2019, 08:31:36 PM
It's been said many times, but jesus fuck you are such an idiot and if the left was made of up of yous it would have alienated everyone by now.

Lucas has more progressive positions than JC in a number of diverse areas.

If you read it that wasn't the point.

poo

Johnny Yesno

JamesMcGrory, don't take this the wrong way, but you are a fucking idiot.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 11, 2019, 01:40:35 PM
People really need to stop viewing the EU as some external thing imposing stuff on the UK

lol

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 11, 2019, 02:57:02 PM
No I didn't make it up, I may have misread it.

lol

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 11, 2019, 02:45:56 PM
The fucking government have put up the price of the final leave to remain application by 25% Fucking criminals. So, in total, roughly 9000 GBP to get my wife citizenship of a sinking, stinking island of despair.

The Immigration Health Surcharge has recently doubled from £200 to £400 (£150 to £300 for students) as well.

JamesMcGrory

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on January 11, 2019, 09:58:43 PM

That was uncalled for. Though you're certainly entitled to your opinion, especially it has no basis in reality. I'm an expert on E.U. Referendum, I need to be, otherwise how could I be sure, when operating in my professional capacity for Gaping Britain I'm disseminating untruths and propaganda, rather than proven truths.

The fact I've shared many truths here today, and been denigrated for doing so by people seemingly ignorant of the EU Referendum or better still, unconcerned with its reality is brilliant. Cemented by the fact not one person has supported any of the gritty reality I've thrust forth, instead preferring to label my unequivocal output "racist" and "idiotic" (a provenly successful formula) assures me this is an excellent recruiting ground for Gaping Britain. Combined with the open disregard for recent history and flexible Humpty Dumpty definitions cements the cake. The praise of Parliament's ultimate hypocrite Caroline Lucas is the recycled fair trade felled cherry tree upon it. Thrice brilliant.

phantom_power

Registered today, only posting in this thread. IGNORE HIM

JamesMcGrory

Quote from: poo on January 11, 2019, 10:21:20 PM
INFO PLEASE

Your unwillingness to acknowledge the given warms my heart, tickles my fancy and beatifies my existence. Are you after my job?

poo

JamesMcGrory

Quote from: phantom_power on January 11, 2019, 10:22:57 PM
Registered today, only posting in this thread. IGNORE HIM

Rewriting the history of the EU Referendum is my sole area of expertise. Along with all other aspects of the E.U. Referendum. We mustn't spread ourselves too thinly. Your comprehension free fact aversity is a joy to behold. But sadly, we're not interviewing again for some while. But "if", that means "after" within these narrow confines (I've learned something today) I'll let you know. Just what exactly I'm not saying. But it seems there's no shortage of gaps in your understanding. Brilliant.

JamesMcGrory

Quote from: poo on January 11, 2019, 10:26:23 PM
James, have you ever gobbed down a foreskin?

We can discuss terms once the interview stage is complete.

phantom_power

Quote from: JamesMcGrory on January 11, 2019, 10:28:37 PM
Rewriting the history of the EU Referendum is my sole area of expertise. Along with all other aspects of the E.U. Referendum. We mustn't spead ourselves too thinly. Your comprehension free fact aversity is a joy to behold. But sadly, we're not interviewing again for some while. But "if", that means "after" within these narrow confines, I've learned something today, I'll let you know. Just what exactly I'm not saying. But it seems there's no shortage of gaps in your understanding. Brilliant.

*parp*

mothman

So Biggy can say that Caroline Lucas isn't left wing enough, but that it's completely outrageous for Labour MPs to be saying Jeremy Corbyn is too left wing. In the same paragraph. Irony truly is dead.

Sin Agog

Cycled past Lucas at the bus stop a couple of hours ago.  Lives in an isolated bubble, that woman.

canadagoose

Quote from: Sin Agog on January 11, 2019, 11:07:51 PM
Cycled past Lucas at the bus stop a couple of hours ago.  Lives in an isolated bubble, that woman.
Call me a cynic but I don't think she actually lives at the bus stop.

JamesMcGrory

Quote from: Sin Agog on January 11, 2019, 11:07:51 PM

Wonderful person. Her willingness to openly encourage the destruction of  our environment while claiming to be 'green' scales a height of duplicity I can only dream of. Her endless championing of the Free Movement  ecological catastrophe is an act of Goddess like genius. Her untiring support for people's ability for increase their consumption of finished goods, energy & open spaces is a materstroke. So what if entire regions of mainland E.U., from Bulgaria to Spain; from Lithuania to Romania have a glut of housing - it makes sense for people to flock to SE England, how else are they going to rapidly increase their consumption to UK levels and maintain adequate earth slaughter?
Better still is her wider embrace of sincerely far right Koch Broa approved global movement, enabling migrants from Asia & Africa to increase there consumption by factors of 10 or more by moving to the UK. The lady is majestically incoherent. If only everyone on earth could consume at Caroline Lucas approved western levels the planet would be dead so much sooner. The fact she then suggests we use public transport is another materstroke - enable someone to increase their energy usage by multitudes, but then encourage them to reduce it very slightly illustrates the enthralling tightrope of hypocrisy upon which she balances. Caroline Lucas? She's brilliant!

Sin Agog

But has the MP who looks most like an elf ever gobbed down a foreskin?

katzenjammer

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on January 11, 2019, 09:58:43 PM

Thanks for that. I never make it past the first line of any of his posts so wasn't sure what to make of him.