Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:22:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dry January [split topic]

Started by Ferris, January 02, 2019, 04:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: SteveDave on January 25, 2019, 03:37:09 PM
I did dry December (apart from the weekend before my birthday) and have not had a drop of caffeine nor a sniff of pizza in January. Or booze.

What shall I give up forever in February? Bread? Socks? Farting?

Branding dwarves

Sebastian Cobb

I'm quite hungover today and choking for a pint. Which I'll definitely have after work. HTH.

greencalx

Had a leaving do last Friday night which left me a bit rough on Saturday. But I've not been drinking during the week like I was in December and feel way better for it. For the first week or so I was missing a pint in the evening, but most nights this week I've been feeling like I actively don't want one. But I do feel like cracking one open tonight after a fairly exhausting week.

grassbath

I got pissed last night and am now hungover. Otherwise I have been doing well.

Icehaven

I'm going to miss dry January, my local's had some great offers on all month, and even Spoonses have been quieter than normal. Stay away you part timers.

Sebastian Cobb

I'm a bit hungover. Had a few pints in the doublet and then saw some jazz thing at an early sub club night.

Ferris

3 guinness and a very spicy curry. Feel like complete shit.

Nowhere Man

Ferris

Replies From View

Ferris

Beagle 2

It's over! It was fine! I'm off to get pissed tonight!

gmoney

Congratulations anyone who managed it. Tomorrow makes a year without booze for me. It was the hardest thing ever for about 2 months, now I don't think about it too much.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Icehaven

Oh ffs, it's a Friday too, think I'm going to stay in with a few choice bottles tonight.

thugler

Tempted to do another week... It's nice not feeing hungover and anxiety ridden for a couple of days a week. But the craving has only gotten stronger, feel like relaxing with one drink would be very nice.

NoSleep

Apparently, just having a drink to hand (not even drinking it) can be relaxing enough.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: gmoney on February 01, 2019, 12:52:47 PM
Congratulations anyone who managed it. Tomorrow makes a year without booze for me. It was the hardest thing ever for about 2 months, now I don't think about it too much.

Are you happier overall?

Chollis

I've just been given a bottle of organic, sans sulphur wine which my friend insists doesn't give you a hangover. Obviously that's impossible, but it'd be great if it gave even slightly less of a hangover and didn't taste like shit. Anyone tried it? Too good to be true right?

seepage

Quote from: Chollis on February 01, 2019, 04:13:50 PM
I've just been given a bottle of organic, sans sulphur wine which my friend insists doesn't give you a hangover. Obviously that's impossible, but it'd be great if it gave even slightly less of a hangover and didn't taste like shit. Anyone tried it? Too good to be true right?

you'll might get less of a hangover if you react badly to suphites. The wine might taste like shit though, because the sulphur stops it going off.

Cuellar

I've had a couple of those and yeah it's nonsense. It's booze. It'll give you a hangover. Unless you drink 1-2 glasses, then it won't but then what would?

All a gimmick.

Small Man Big Horse

I did dry January sort of by accident, in that I didn't plan to do it but we've been a bit broke so I've stayed sober when out and about. It didn't really bother me but I have to admit I'm craving alcohol now, and am a bit concerned that when I do finally drink again I'll be slaughtered after a few glasses of wine. Still, I guess there are worse things to be worried about.

ToneLa

Drinking some K as we speak (the 8% cider, not the drug, sadly)

What? It is February.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: ToneLa on February 01, 2019, 05:06:35 PM
Drinking some K as we speak (the 8% cider, not the drug, sadly)

Get some Super T in and get on the snakebite lad.

ToneLa

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 01, 2019, 05:08:11 PM
Get some Super T in and get on the snakebite lad.

Sounds deliciously lethal. May as well forego the token shot of blackcurrant cordial. It'll just confuse my liver when it's processing The Drink Of Kings

ToneLa

Any port in a... Well, my Stella Black pint glass. Happy February!

gmoney

Quote from: checkoutgirl on February 01, 2019, 04:13:37 PM
Are you happier overall?

Yes, though I was drinking almost every day to excess and often alone. That was a recipe for crippling anxiety and being skint, so I was all uphill from there.

EDIT : Actually I had cut down loads from my peak, so when I gave up I had had periods of abstinence and when I did drink it was when I was out at parties/events, so it wasn't quite so sudden. I would always be thinking that I would be able to treat myself to getting smashed at some point though. I'm now much more comfortable with the thought that I'll never have another drink. 

checkoutgirl

Quote from: gmoney on February 01, 2019, 06:07:19 PM
I would always be thinking that I would be able to treat myself to getting smashed at some point though

When I quit smoking I used to puff on unlit cigarettes, safe in the knowledge I would never be tempted to light it. Sometimes when you make a decision like that it's like you've hypnotised yourself to quit for good.