Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:18:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

All Killa No Filla Podcast

Started by sillymisslily, January 04, 2019, 10:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sillymisslily

DrGreggles

Ornlu

No, but I have wondered - is the name really just a bizarrely street-inflected variant of a phrase arguably most commonly associated with a Sum 41 record? Or, despite it being about serial killers, is there something more to it?

hummingofevil

Despite being recommended it repeatedly I have never listened to a single episode but I was present when they did the live recording at Edinburgh to a very big and very enthusiastic room. The crime bit was fine though it just felt like KPM was reading from the internet without any real insight but their interaction as comics was very funny.

Thinking I might do my own version. Me and a pal reading out horrific stories of sexual violence whilst joking about bum sex. Bet my version is less funny.

ASFTSN

I like them a lot, but to be honest it's more for their interaction/friendship than their approach to the subject matter, despite normally finding serial killers pretty interesting. They're both funny mofos though, especially Rachel Fairburn.

petril

The Roofdog

I like the two of them a lot (go and see KP-M live if you can, she is brilliant) but my favourite bit of the pod was always the opening 10 minutes where they were just shooting the shit and I stopped listening because the way they present the subject matter just wasn't very interesting. Or maybe I'm just not that interested in serial killers, dunno, I thought I was.

Dusty Substance

Yes. It's a good 'un, they're both very funny. I've listened to pretty much all of them but sometimes I find myself thinking it would be improved with a bit more editing and inserting a couple of stings to give it more of a format - More like The Paradpod, but then I guess it might get criticized for being too much like The Parapod.

Ringside

I just downloaded the BTK episode to listen to tomorrow. In all honesty....Last Podcast on the Left almost put me off delving further into crime pods. I've listened to a few of them and I always think they sound so forced.