Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:14:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hitman Blood Money remastered

Started by biggytitbo, January 05, 2019, 09:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Great news, have been hoping for a way to play this on modern consoles for ages - https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/4/18168249/hitman-remasters-blood-money-absolution-ps4-xbox-one-4k

Shame its Blood Money and Absolution and not Blood Money and Contracts though.

Timothy

Launch price is 59,95. Digital only. Huge fan of the series but that's a nope from me.

madhair60

Played this a few times, couldn't even do the vineyard mission. Fucking impossible.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Timothy on January 05, 2019, 12:04:04 PM
Launch price is 59,95. Digital only. Huge fan of the series but that's a nope from me.

Yeah £20 maybe. I imagine it'll be on sale before too long though. Or they should have sold Blood Money on its own.

bgmnts

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 05, 2019, 09:56:51 AM
Great news, have been hoping for a way to play this on modern consoles for ages - https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/4/18168249/hitman-remasters-blood-money-absolution-ps4-xbox-one-4k

Shame its Blood Money and Absolution and not Blood Money and Contracts though.

Blood Money has been backwards compatible on the xbox one for a long time, if that interests you.

Contracts is the worst Hitman game though, if memory serves.

Kelvin

Quote from: bgmnts on January 05, 2019, 02:19:50 PM

No way. First is awful, by comparison to the rest. Contracts is the first truly great one.

biggytitbo

Quote from: bgmnts on January 05, 2019, 02:19:50 PM
Blood Money has been backwards compatible on the xbox one for a long time, if that interests you.

Aye I haven't got one though. Seems like they've updated the graphics and controls too though, so might be worth the upgrade anyway.

Order of greatness of Hitman games:

Blood money
Hitman (2016)
Contracts
Hitman 2
Absolution
Hitman

I haven't played Hitman 2 (2018) yet.

The second to fourth games in the series in the new Hitman engine would be amazing but I guess that's too much work to be worth it financially.

Kelvin

I instinctively agree with that list, but might swap Absolution above Hitman 2, purely off the back of it's target creation mode, and the fact that what few traditional hitman levels it had were actually really good. 

biggytitbo

I could probably swap those two aswell, I quite liked Absolution, its a big game with a lot of really memorable levels (the scarecrows, the library, the big lab), but its definitely more different than any of the other games in the series.

Kelvin

It's biggest problem with Absolution is the shit, obnoxious story and writing. The actually gameplay is still a lot of fun, even without the usual number of hits. Only game in the series with incredibly satisfying weapons, too. It's always annoyed me that, in a series about killing people, lots of methods (especially melee) are so bloodless and lacking in a visceral impact. 

bgmnts

Quote from: Kelvin on January 05, 2019, 02:27:52 PM
No way. First is awful, by comparison to the rest. Contracts is the first truly great one.

Silent Assassin is the besr in the series. No contest.

Timothy

Best to mediocre imo:

Hitman Blood Money
Hitman Contracts
Hitman 2 (2018)
Hitman 1 (2016)
Hitman old 1
Hitman Silent Assassin
Hitman Absolution

Lemming

Silent Assassin is the best in the series, bgmnts is right.

However, I freely admit I'd like a remake of SA in the new Hitman engine, because I'm a baby bitch who can't go back to the original these days. Suspicion meter soars to maximum and people start gunning me down because I accidentally walked slightly too fast in their presence? Fuck off. Also the entire Japan castle level with the ninjas, no way am I doing that again in the original engine.

Also Absolution is good, you just have to accept going into it that it's not going to be a real Hitman game.

Timothy

Absolution was a good game but a terrible Hitman game.

biggytitbo

Absolution does have a vety dodgy story, but then none of the hitmen games really have good stories, just some light boilerplate to glue the levels together. Absolution tries to go for some kind of scholocky sub taranteno b-movie and fails badly. It's a really fun game to play though, even the majority of un-Hitman like levels have their own pleasures.

St_Eddie

Does the fact that I've purchased Hitman: Blood Money three times now, justify me pirating this new remastered version?  Debatable.

However, the fact that I purchased Hitman: Absolution at full price, not only justifies me to to pirate these remastered versions, it downright entitles me to do so.

biggytitbo

I have Blood Money but I think I paid about £1.50 for it on the PS2. I'll buy this when it costs about £10.

Kelvin

Quote from: bgmnts on January 05, 2019, 04:21:07 PM
Silent Assassin is the best in the series. No contest.

I suppose it depends on what you like about the series. I loved that game at the time, but it's far less versatile and offers far fewer opportunities than most of the later games. Most targets can only be killed in 2-3 ways, for example. 

biggytitbo

That's dollars isn't it, although still way too much. I heard Hitman 2 didn't sell well though so maybe io are struggling, which would be a shame as they are one of the best developers around.

Mister Six

Quote from: Lemming on January 05, 2019, 04:27:22 PM
Also the entire Japan castle level with the ninjas, no way am I doing that again in the original engine.

That's where I gave up. How are you supposed to get past them?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Kelvin

Don't they only jump down if the floor creaks, or something? Its been years, so I dont really remember.

Mister Six

Me too. I was young and stupid when I played it (I think the only level I did properly is the one with the hacker in the basement) so there's probably something very obvious that I missed.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

When are we going to get a remaster of the prequel, Jumpman?

bgmnts

Quote from: Kelvin on January 05, 2019, 05:35:01 PM
I suppose it depends on what you like about the series. I loved that game at the time, but it's far less versatile and offers far fewer opportunities than most of the later games. Most targets can only be killed in 2-3 ways, for example.

I just feel for its time it is perfect. It isn't bogged down in the level of opportunity that the later Hitman is, where it feels almost like something to grind, as you have those challenges and different ways to play the level (which you have in the older Hitmen but it actually felt quite gratifying to me then). Maybe it's just getting oldee I don't know.

I did really like the new Hitman by the way, I just have a soft spot for Silent Assassin, it has interesting missions, interesting settings and an interesting story, if I recall correctly.

Absolution is dogshit though. I dont care if thats a shit opinion i cant stand it.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 06, 2019, 03:22:57 PM
Hit them.

I did that level by killing everyone in the building I think. The main problem with Silent Assassin is it has a lot of samey, sloggy levels, whereas in Contracts and Blood Money every level is completely different, so there's always something new to look forward.

St_Eddie

Quote from: bgmnts on January 06, 2019, 04:59:49 PM
Absolution is dogshit though. I dont care if thats a shit opinion i cant stand it.

No, no.  That's not an opinion.  That's a fact.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Kelvin on January 06, 2019, 03:29:41 PM
Don't they only jump down if the floor creaks, or something? Its been years, so I dont really remember.

I seem to remember that as long as you creep along the solid, dark brown wooden beams - rather than the lighter coloured floorboards - they don't creak and the ninja remain hidden.

madhair60

Absolution is - to anyone not drowning in a sea of delusion -  the best one and quite typically of gamers it's the one they pretend not to like. "It's too good and respectful of my time" "I don't get discovered for no explicable reason" "The graphics are too good" "The objectives are too lucidly presented" "The characters act more like characters now" "There's a helicopter" (the last complaint is valid)

I never saw the second non-tutorial level of Blood Money. In fact, nobody has.