Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:01:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hitman Blood Money remastered

Started by biggytitbo, January 05, 2019, 09:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

Blood Money is the best Hitman game ever created. The opera house. The mafia BBQ party. Etc. Etc. All missions were amazing.

Absolution was an alright game, but a shit Hitman game. It lost all the creativity and uniqueness that was Hitman and traded it in for ''missions and wayponts''. I don't want missions and waypoints in an Hitman game.

A good Hitman game is a creative puzzle.

St_Eddie

madhair60

Edit: fuck this I'm just gonna reinstall and see if I can make any headway.

Obel

Quote from: madhair60 on January 07, 2019, 08:16:23 AM
Absolution is - to anyone not drowning in a sea of delusion -  the best one and quite typically of gamers it's the one they pretend not to like. "It's too good and respectful of my time" "I don't get discovered for no explicable reason" "The graphics are too good" "The objectives are too lucidly presented" "The characters act more like characters now" "There's a helicopter" (the last complaint is valid)

I never saw the second non-tutorial level of Blood Money. In fact, nobody has.

This post has to be a joke. It's a joke or an honest reveal of your awful taste in Hitman games.

madhair60

It's a joke and a lament at how hard I found Blood Money. I just could barely make an inch of headway. Awfully confusing and obtuse game. No idea what to do, ever.

Timothy

It wasnt that difficult if I remember correctly.... kill the targets how you want to without getting noticed. Thats it

biggytitbo

The vineyard level is relatively straightforward I seem to remember. You can loosen something to kill the first man, and sneak into the house to get the old fella.

madhair60

I can't get past the tutorial. It says "distract the guards" but has given zero indication how, in any capacity.

Edit: Googled it. I'm supposed to throw a coin. Sorry, fucking what?

madhair60

Now it says I need to take a human shield. Hmm, no prompt. I'll check the controls. Nothing. Maybe a click? Nope. Use key? Nope.

You people like this?

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on January 07, 2019, 09:58:08 PM
Now it says I need to take a human shield. Hmm, no prompt. I'll check the controls. Nothing. Maybe a click? Nope. Use key? Nope.

You people like this?

Oh for pity's sake.  It's like popcorn bumbling his way through the remake of Resident Evil all over again!

madhair60

I'm just looking at the manual now. Probably for the best. You can all come along with me on my Hitman journey through your obtuse as fuck game that isn't good.

bgmnts

I got through the Blood Money tutorial as a 14 year old.

Resident Evil is legitimately obtuse and confusing on a first play-through, to be fair to popcorn.

madhair60

Quote from: bgmnts on January 07, 2019, 10:09:19 PM
I got through the Blood Money tutorial as a 14 year old.

I was too busy pashing off mate. Sad git playing videogames as a 14 year old lol.

Anyway I'm getting the hang of this now.

St_Eddie

Quote from: bgmnts on January 07, 2019, 10:09:19 PM
...to be fair to popcorn.

Please don't.  You'll only encourage him.

Running around in circles, shooting at the ceiling when there's zombie dogs chowing down on his ankles.  I've never seen the like!

madhair60

I keep getting spotted with no indication who can possibly have spotted me.

biggytitbo

Quote from: madhair60 on January 07, 2019, 10:25:04 PM
I keep getting spotted with no indication who can possibly have spotted me.

It'll be some cunt.

Timothy

Quote from: madhair60 on January 07, 2019, 09:46:41 PM
I can't get past the tutorial. It says "distract the guards" but has given zero indication how, in any capacity.

Edit: Googled it. I'm supposed to throw a coin. Sorry, fucking what?

Dont know if thats a joke or not but wasnt that fairly obvious?

madhair60

Quote from: Timothy on January 07, 2019, 10:31:22 PM
Dont know if thats a joke or not but wasnt that fairly obvious?

I didn't even know I had coins! How would I know to throw one!?

Anyway I've closed the game now as it is too annoying. One of those things that's just absolutely beyond me. I think you had to be there at release, and exceptionally undiscerning. Or very discerning indeed.

All bluster aside I'm just too stupid and impatient for games like this. I don't see how it could possibly ever be fun. I play on Rookie and get steamrolled. No idea what I'm doing wrong most of the time. I might just watch some videos or something.

Timothy

I think it might have helped that I played all other games before Blood Money and that I was used to the controls and the way it worked. Same way RDR controls were logical to me due to GTA while others found it confusing.

Just watched a walkthrough of the BM tutorial and it indeed doesnt explain anything. Can understand why thats confusing and unlogical.

biggytitbo

I think it's likely you are simply a fuck wit mate, best go play something more at your level like this -

madhair60

I've already completed that with 100% items.

St_Eddie

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 07, 2019, 10:47:02 PM

The Secret of Monkey Island is an "iconic adventure game", as is Day of the TentacleCoronation St. - The Mystery of the Missing Hotpot Recipe, not so much.

Kelvin

I must admit, I remember Blood Money being really easy. That's kind of why its so much fun to experiment and mess around once you understand it's rules.

If you're alerting guards you're either in a place with the wrong outfit, or doing something suspect. I'm fairly sure you have a small window to back put of most rooms if you spook them.

Is Blood Money the one where most levels have an 'ideal uniform, which lets you walk around almost everywhere? I'm sure it is. My biggest piece of advice would be to not try and perfect it on your first try, but to just play it normally until you fuck it up, then just run around killing everyone, so you can learn the level layouts and uniform/target/item locations.

Once you have an idea of where things are, replay the level to get Silent Assassin, and then to get more experimental and imaginative.

madhair60

Got past the Vineyard. I'm a hitman god. I'm in a theatre now. Impossible

Kelvin

Best level in anything ever, that theatre. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Get yourself a cop outfit and start fucking shit up.

Timothy

Quote from: Kelvin on January 07, 2019, 11:12:08 PM
Best level in anything ever, that theatre. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Get yourself a cop outfit and start fucking shit up.

Absolutely. Especially the gun switcheroo. Awesome.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Kelvin on January 07, 2019, 11:12:08 PM
Best level in anything ever, that theatre. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant...

It's a great level but the house party is even better.  Clown costume and sniper rifle up in the neighbour's treehouse is my favoured method of elimination.  In the game, as well as real-life.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

What's the point in wearing the clown costume if you're just going to snipe them from afar?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 07, 2019, 11:31:05 PM
What's the point in wearing the clown costume if you're just going to snipe them from afar?

You're seriously asking that question?  Mate.  When a videogame offers you the opportunity to dress up in a clown costume, you bloody well take it!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

You don't squander it by hiding in a treehouse though.