Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:44:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Vices

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 05, 2019, 12:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Prostitution is somewhat darker than the other vices that have been (seriously) discussed (because it involves another person in a joyless transaction that only gives pleasure to the buyer, whereas the seller is often hooked on skag and giving all her money to a pump).

Gregory Torso

When I was a smoker, I was locked in that vice, it was foul. I used to crawl through the hedges looking for anything smokeable, an old soggy end, a nascent tobacco seed. Roll it up and smoke its harsh essence, literally inviting unwellness and pain into my crinkled lungs. I'd paper my face with the deep earthy forest smell of an empty bag of Old Holbourn.
Once I was out with a young lady in some sweaty carnivorous fungus of a night club and we were at the bar, and without thinking I just pulled the ashtray towards me and started to roll up someone else's spent cig ends. She was horrified and bought me a pack from the toilet machine, like I was some filthy imp that squatted in its own toilet and disappeared up chimneys at night to rortle in the tasty soot and dirt.

I haven't smoked for about twelve years, but psychologically, I still find myself missing it. A cigarette was like a "pause" button that you could apply to any situation: i.e. I have rolled my car and invited my legs to be snapped off, this is dire as the grave, but I don't have to deal with it until I have finished snorkeling the graveyard mist through this filterless Woodbine.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on January 06, 2019, 02:14:32 PM
Prostitution is somewhat darker than the other vices that have been (seriously) discussed (because it involves another person in a joyless transaction that only gives pleasure to the buyer, whereas the seller is often hooked on skag and giving all her money to a pump).

Surely it's the john that gives the money to pump?

hummingofevil

Booze mainly over last 20 years but feel I'm gradually stopping / getting bored of it. At my peak definitely spending up to £1000 a month drinking good booze every night. Would have maybe 6 bottles of craft a night and a weekly bottle of good bourbon or rum for side-drinks. Grim really.

Will always be someone who would be a smoker if they weren't really bad for you but got to age where they make me acutely ill and not just inhaling the vague threat of future denise. Wasn't expensive though. Pack of baccy would last me weeks.

Gambling. I genuinely think over the years I am about quits on gambling. Put the odd silly accumulator for fun (enough to make me rich if it wins but at silly long odds). Don't get gambling addiction at all but reckon it might worse than all the others. Just that total feeling of dread you must get when you realise you've fucked all your money up a bandit.

Wrestling Observer subscription. £10 a month.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Gregory Torso on January 06, 2019, 02:21:09 PM
When I was a smoker, I was locked in that vice, it was foul. I used to crawl through the hedges looking for anything smokeable, an old soggy end, a nascent tobacco seed. Roll it up and smoke its harsh essence, literally inviting unwellness and pain into my crinkled lungs. I'd paper my face with the deep earthy forest smell of an empty bag of Old Holbourn.
Once I was out with a young lady in some sweaty carnivorous fungus of a night club and we were at the bar, and without thinking I just pulled the ashtray towards me and started to roll up someone else's spent cig ends. She was horrified and bought me a pack from the toilet machine, like I was some filthy imp that squatted in its own toilet and disappeared up chimneys at night to rortle in the tasty soot and dirt.

I haven't smoked for about twelve years, but psychologically, I still find myself missing it. A cigarette was like a "pause" button that you could apply to any situation: i.e. I have rolled my car and invited my legs to be snapped off, this is dire as the grave, but I don't have to deal with it until I have finished snorkeling the graveyard mist through this filterless Woodbine.

Great posting

DrGreggles

My greatest vice is probably back massages.
The one benefit of the pain felt due to my back being "old and shit"*.

*my osteopath

PowerButchi

Butch's Weekly Vice Spends

Tobacco - £25 - two 30g pouches of Cutters Choice

The Horses - £31.50 - A 30p Lucky 15 every day

Alcohol - £120 to 160 - £40 a pub visit 3/4 times a week

Football - £16 - Entrance fee to watch Wrexham.

I'm pretty much skint.

Golden E. Pump

How else is my family supposed to make money?

phes

I like my vices. In my experience stripping these away results in compound self-absorption and the real me, a man capable of boring even myself to death in mere picoseconds. A steady and relatively healthy diet of vaporised nicotine, public alcohol consumption and casual sex guarantees at least some kind of social value

TIAL

Vodka and some kind of sugar-free mixer, usually sprite or coke. Dangerously easy to drink so I've cut way down.

Cuellar

Only if you go for the New Zealand ones

Small Man Big Horse

If this had been posted in 2013 it would have been:

Weed - Far too much of the time, but it is lovely.
Coke - Once every couple of years as I like it way too much when I do it, but it is lovely.
Cigarettes - 20 a day, it's a terrible habit but hey, I'm addicted to the bastards it seems.
Alcohol - I drink 3 or 4 glasses of wine 2 - 3 times a week, which isn't an issue but I should probably cut it down to twice a week.
Food - Due to smoking weed and being weak willed I eat terribly, I mean I love the food I eat but it's truly bad for me.

But as it's 2019:

Alcohol - I drink a couple of glasses of wine about once or twice a month. Really need to increase that to weekly outings.
Vaping - Possibly a vice but it only costs me about a quid a week so I don't really care.

And that's it, I've given up the rest and due to diabetes the food I eat is now good for me. These are disturbing days indeed.

studpuppet

Quote from: seepage on January 06, 2019, 01:38:36 AM
indeed. Helpfully that's mentioned on the packet.

Better steer clear of crisps in the US as well.

Norton Canes

Prefer a good G-clamp meself.