Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:35:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Through the eyes of a pederast

Started by BlodwynPig, January 06, 2019, 10:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

A week or so ago I rewatched Stand By Me with family.

Firstly, i was shocked at the bad language splattered throughout. I watched it when it came out and dont remember "shit down your neck" or mother fucking jokes...it must have been edited to fuck.

I was also, perhaps unfairly?, uncomfortable with many of the boy bonding scenes. Will Wheaton in his y-fronts and a leech on his 13 year old penis. Because of the actors involved and some vague memory of Rob Reiner and metoo(?) scandal, perhaps this allowed for gross assumptions to cloud my thoughts - put this seemed like a film made by and for rich, middle-class paedos - the type of family man paedo who loves boys for their spirit, vim and their youthful looks.

"My Girl" just came on the speakers in this 50s diner and i wonder about that film too - although i only have vague memories.

The madness of a paranoid aging chump or some truth given what we know about the industry and the various agents involved around the time these films were made.

Not a conspiracy thread, more a help Blodwyn iron out a niggle (steady!)

Phil_A

Nah. It's a nostalgic coming of age story based on the childhood experiences of Stephen King, nothing more than that. The leech incident was something that actually happened to one of his friends I think. Nothing sexualised in it at all as far as I remember.

Reiner's never been accused of anything, for the record. He seems to be one of the good guys in Hollywood.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Phil_A on January 06, 2019, 12:20:49 PM
Nah. It's a nostalgic coming of age story based on the childhood experiences of Stephen King, nothing more than that. The leech incident was something that actually happened to one of his friends I think. Nothing sexualised in it at all as far as I remember.

Reiner's never been accused of anything, for the record. He seems to be one of the good guys in Hollywood.

Great. Good to know....is that a rainbow?

Kelvin

I've never seen the film, but having a leech stuck on your willy doesn't sound very sexy.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kelvin on January 06, 2019, 12:59:25 PM
I've never seen the film, but having a leech stuck on your willy doesn't sound very sexy.

God, does this make me an hirudophile?!