Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:09:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pubs shouldn't serve coffee

Started by madhair60, January 06, 2019, 01:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Go to a coffee shop. Fucking time wasters.

Beagle 2

Had a coffee and a vegetarian burger in a pub yesterday. Both were equally disgusting. £15 the pair.

Thursday

Hitler loved going to the pub to get a coffee and a halloumi burger.

Beagle 2

The thing about coffee shops is that they're all really pokey and I bang into things and they have a machine that goes PSSSHHHH which gets on my tits and all the staff are useless students who look at you like they're only working ironically and you feel obliged to leave as soon as you've had your crappy overpriced cup of stomach upset and anxiety. So there is a place for being in a pub having a coffee.

wooders1978

Agreed - loads of cofffee shops about do go there - oh and take your bloody kids with you

Consignia

They use the same machine that goes PSHHH in the pub, right? Plus in a pub, you'll get stale beans, because it's a pub.

Cuellar

Well then nothing for me, I don't think it's very clever or smart to drink I want to stay in control

thraxx

Absolutely right that pubs shouldn't serve coffee, or any other kind of beverage. Mind you, I find it hard to believe that a cup of coffee would ever reach the legal age of 18 to be served in pubs.

Fambo Number Mive

Pubs are much nicer than coffee shops. Quieter, more spacious, often cheaper as well. You do get loads of drunk pricks in pubs of course but they are nice to sit in on a weekend afternoon.

Paul Calf

arpster

Quote from: Cuellar on January 06, 2019, 01:44:00 PM
I don't think it's very clever or smart to drink

I don't think anyone in the history of pubs has ever claimed that it is .....great fun though

and no to coffee...and no to food....apart from crisps, nuts, pork scratchings and pickled eggs

BlodwynPig

Yes Paul, get with the times. Brexit Broken Britgone.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: arpster on January 06, 2019, 01:52:59 PM
and no to coffee...and no to food....apart from crisps, nuts, pork scratchings and pickled eggs

I dunno, there's drinking pubs (no food), eating pubs (shit to drink in) and shitting pubs (Wetherspoons) as no true drinking pub has good toilets.

Beagle 2

Quote from: Consignia on January 06, 2019, 01:42:38 PM
They use the same machine that goes PSHHH in the pub, right? Plus in a pub, you'll get stale beans, because it's a pub.

It's drowned out by all the sad drunk people wailing in despair and puking.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Well I think it's a good thing. And furthermore I think pubs should serve cupcakes and paninis as well. Also they should all be required by law to play only inoffensive Spotify playlist indie and have 25 charging ports to a table. If you don't like it then you are an old cunt so fuck off to where old cunts go like the dockyards or the bridge club or Somerset.

bgmnts

It's dry January though, surely coffee keeps pubs afloat during these new times.

Captain Z

Never used to happen before we joined the EU #hardbrexitnow

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on January 06, 2019, 02:12:17 PM
It's dry January though, surely coffee keeps pubs afloat during these new times.

The people that keep pubs afloat don't observe such bollocks.

Spoon of Ploff

Can we compromise and have coffee flavour beer... or beer flavour caffeine?

Pubs should have to obtain a coffee licence which is conditional on their coffee being drinkable.

bgmnts

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 06, 2019, 02:13:39 PM
The people that keep pubs afloat don't observe such bollocks.

Those people wont be here that long though...

Gregory Torso

Hades

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on January 06, 2019, 02:23:45 PM
Those people wont be here that long though...

I think you're underestimating how long people can keep up walking the tightrope of 'heavy drinker' and 'functional alcoholic'.

Glebe

Sebastian Cobb

What about pubs that open for food several hours before they serve booze? That's definitely not on.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: arpster on January 06, 2019, 01:52:59 PM
...and no to food....apart from crisps, nuts, pork scratchings and pickled eggs

If there's no little jars of cockles and mussels in cloudy brine IS IT EVEN A PUB?

[/gatekeeping]

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Pubs should serve Denise Coffey though, shouldn't they ? Maybe even give her a couple of pints on the house " There you go, missus, dead funny in " End Of Part One ", so you were. "

I have no idea why I have made this post, or am even bothering to post it.

Twed

Quote from: madhair60 on January 06, 2019, 01:33:14 PM
Go to a coffee shop. Fucking time wasters.
FFS. What next?

madhair: Pubs shouldn't serve Nigerians, they should fuck off to a Nigerian shop.

Unbelieve.

imitationleather

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 06, 2019, 04:36:52 PM
What about pubs that open for food several hours before they serve booze? That's definitely not on.

Those aren't pubs. They're off licenses.

PlanktonSideburns

If they sell coffee in the pub, it's a coffee and beer shop, try going to pub that doesn't serve coffee,  this will solve your problem. And it is your problem