Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:21:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pubs shouldn't serve coffee

Started by madhair60, January 06, 2019, 01:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Sebastian Cobb

You've not experienced true desolation until you've sat listlessly drinking refils of spoons coffee looking at the clock, waiting for the bar to start serving booze.

Beagle 2

How early are you going to spoons? I've gone and had a pint with my fry up at 9am before (it was sport-related so fine).

Sony Walkman Prophecies

But what if I hate pub culture and would prefer to be chatting in a cafe (not owned by a huge multinational)? How else am I supposed to wreck one of our country's most cherished traditions?

PlanktonSideburns

Also people should only buy the quickest thing there is to buy in shops. Got something you want to ask person at counter? Fuckoff. Buying multiple items. Jogon. Want something ordered in. Cunt along you boob-person.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 06, 2019, 06:28:50 PM
Generally agree with this, but more specifically I would support a pub that chose not to serve coffee or cooked food.

Yes. If you're serving proper coffee and beer in the same establishment, the interior must resemble a European-style bistrot/café where both seem appropriate: all dark wooden floorboards, wooden chairs, vintage signs on the wall, etc. Basically like a not shit Café Rouge.

A barista-style coffee served in a British pub is an abomination. Hot drinks should be made begrudgingly in the little office behind the bar and preferably be served free of charge.