Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:21:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hacking group says it has 9/11 legal documents that will 'burn down deep state'

Started by biggytitbo, January 06, 2019, 01:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance My Grey Horsecock (4th Edition in Braille)

Yup:  'ang your clems.  Sweng your swangy nutsops.  Look loose, light shite an' lamps.  Align your haunches with Damp Haloumi an' dance.
19 (55.9%)
Nein:  Shüsterfore für geld ist ein cooting-edge IJ technique or Grandfather's First Packed Lunch and Urine.
1 (2.9%)
| Wanking of Thirst. (Parched.)
2 (5.9%)
  |- Pipe music  (Infernal Badadook.)
4 (11.8%)
    |-Roosevelt (Milk Teeth, Second Amendment)
1 (2.9%)
     | - nonce        x
1 (2.9%)
        | - Anus Rigs.mov
0 (0%)
Bury me in a Pam St. Clement coffin, or alongside Noel Edmonds.
2 (5.9%)
The only conspiracy I'm interested in is a coinspiracy!!
0 (0%)
The only conspiracy I'm interested in is a cockspiracy!!
0 (0%)
Puff the Magic Wanker Wanks Himself To Death
0 (0%)
I CHOOSE RED LEICESTER AS MY MANY SPLENDOURED THING
3 (8.8%)
SteVIe "TOAST THIS IRON ON THE FIRST MORNING SPIRE" sPaRkLe
1 (2.9%)
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||::::||||||SHOUT||||||||::::||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
0 (0%)
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||::::||||||GOURANGA!||||||||::::||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
0 (0%)
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||::::||||||ANDBEHAPPY!||||||||::::||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

touchingcloth

Biggy's not talking about the shadows per se. Look at the thing casting a shadow at the top right - it seems to be the tip of a closed brolly, so how do you explain that when there's apparently no water on the moon?

Thomas

The precautionary umbrella is just out of shot in this archive photo -

biggytitbo

The one at the front could cast that shadow if the light source was coming from above, but if so I don't think the two poles at the rear would cast such horizon  shadows to the left. Also presumes the light source of very close, rather than millions of miles away.

Also, the shadow bottom right is going over ridge and is elongated, you can see it over the other side.

The front pole is jutted diagonally against (but also somewhat towards) the light, the others are vertically straight against it, therefore they cast longer shadows

Mister Six

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 06, 2019, 08:57:26 PM
Doesn't it depend on the source of light? If the source is artificial the shadows will fan out in a straight line from it, if the source of light is the sun the shadows will effectively be parallel apart from the effects of perspective. The only source of light on the moon is the sun, so how do you explain this?

Reflected light maybe?

Assuming you mean the shadow apparently going left to right.. Isn't that just the shadow of an object - a beam, bar or antenna - that's out of shot, to the right and above the camera?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on January 06, 2019, 09:31:10 PM
The front pole is jutted diagonally against (but also somewhat towards) the light, the others are vertically straight against it, therefore they cast longer shadows

That might be true if you were talking about a nearby spotlight, but the light source here is millions of miles away, the one at the front should be parallel with the others, just really short.

Thomas

The shadow is falling the same way as the others, and it is short (note that, in the shadow, something is jutting from the rod, about three quarters of the way along. If we look at the rod itself, this protrusion is out of frame. Ergo, the rod is much longer than its shadow, because of its positioning towards the sun).

biggytitbo

biggytitbo

Someone recreate the pic with straws and a torch and check, we could bust the conspiracy right here!

Thomas

Allowing for all the tricks of photography and perspective that I mentioned upthread (see the railings), I do believe all the items pictured are lit by the same source (the sun).

Mister Six

Who says the rod is connected to the legs? That's an assumption. Could be overhanging from the main body of the pod.

Thomas

Based on a second's Googling, it might be a 'lunar sensing probe', projecting from the footpad - a likely story.

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 06, 2019, 09:38:22 PM
So all the shadows in the picture are parallel?

again, this is not how light works. angle a long thin object raised at about 35° pointing towards but also slightly against a light source, and you see if the shadow is parallel to the beam

touchingcloth

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on January 06, 2019, 09:47:02 PM
again, this is not how light works. angle a long thin object raised at about 35° pointing towards but also slightly against a light source, and you see if it's parallel to the beam

Shadows aren't made of light, idiot.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on January 06, 2019, 09:47:02 PM
again, this is not how light works. angle a long thin object raised at about 35° pointing towards but also slightly against a light source, and you see if the shadow is parallel to the beam

Again, not if the light source is millions of miles away. The shadows in that pic are fine if there's a spot light somewhere close above and to the right of the scene. But that's not how sun light works.

some people here seem to have learned how shadows work from 90s PC games

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 06, 2019, 09:52:42 PM

Again, not if the light source is millions of miles away. The shadows in that pic are fine if there's a spot light somewhere close above and to the right of the scene. But that's not how sun light works.

yes it is

touchingcloth

Sunlight is actually different on the moon because the Van Allen Belt converts it into quantum.

touchingcloth

biggytitbo

touchingcloth

When the sunlight quantises shadows become stochastic. Basic stuff.

touchingcloth