Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:17:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Becoming more right wing as you age

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2019, 06:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin Agog

Will Self's always been a bit like Russell Brand.  Maybe 5% of people make it past the veneer to the essentially lovely, level-headed guy underneath.

pancreas

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 18, 2019, 06:50:18 PM
The left need to learn this map and understand that it demonstrates how their entire political endeavours have become subservient to cabals they don't understand who are using them to promote an agenda of Cultural Marxism.

I think you are bored. Why are you bored. You've come back to us because you are bored. Hardly good faith, is it?

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Cloud on January 18, 2019, 09:35:06 PM
As I brought up the Political Compass originally early in the thread, and as usual gave  up on the thought of people using it and reverted to the lazy "left" and "right" myself, it's nice to see others actually taking it seriously.  It's very rare - I'm way too used to hearing "nah mate that political compass site is a load of bollocks" (even though they have a Q&A section that addresses every criticism anyone can come up with)

Like a lot of scales and measures it is probably only useful once you aggregate the data and is better at telling you what trends exist is rather than what the scale actually is (this is a feature of measurement and classification not specific to the PC).  An interesting study would be to ask people "how would you describe your political stance/ or where would you mark yourself on the quadrant" prior to giving them their results, then after receiving their results ask if them again if they agree with them.

My hypothesis would be that a lot of people that see themselves as right-wing are actually more economically left than they first thought.

My point to Mister Six was that their are multiple planes, as he (presumably "Mr") actually said in an arse about tit way, and that it isn't an inverted bell-curve with left and right on the x axis and authoritarianism on the y axis.

Btw this just popped up on the Youtubes not listened to it yet but it seems highly relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ugWFMqn-TA

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Sin Agog on January 18, 2019, 11:09:31 PM
Will Self's always been a bit like Russell Brand.  Maybe 5% of people make it past the veneer to the essentially lovely, level-headed guy underneath.

Not sure on RB but Will Self is alright, and of course was involved in one of this countries finest TV moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ydD2hizE6g