Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:26:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Twats Playing Games Quickly 2019

Started by Thursday, January 06, 2019, 08:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

marquis_de_sad

I really like RWhiteGoose's videos on the history of GoldenEye and Perfect Dark speedrunning, along with others. I've recommended them on here before. Turns out he's a ethnonationalist poltard and has been kicked out of Games Done Quick.

So there you go.

Barry Admin

I love his videos too, and have followed that drama closely. In fact I know a bit too much about speedrun drama, really. Apollo Legend backed him, which emboldened him to make a return to content creation, and he's doing some kind of AMA stream about it soon.

There's actually a really interesting bunch of developments behind the whole things finally  coming to light, which has been well covered by alpha gaming legend WQQQWRT. The basic gist is that RWhiteGoose made a mortal enemy from a guy who complained about a tiny audio difference in one of the channels of his stream. The info (discord screenshots above) this guys eventually collected was used by the shadowy speedrunning terrorist group "Trigger", who have pledged to take down more prominent figures. It eventually transpired that the mastermind of this group was Kryystal, a speed runner that Goose and others had criticised for cheating, and who had spent years collecting dirt on people by botting their Twitch streams etc.

Anyway I love all this shit. I'd also recommend looking up the twitter of the Chad guy who just got banned at this current event. He's went totally insane, posted really cringey (now mostly deleted) chat logs between him and the girl arranging that she be his "bed mate" as he can't sleep alone. Then he's progressed to open transphobia, attacking absolutely everyone, and now he's gone into full lolsuit mode. He has "retained a lawyer" and says he's going to get everyone who's been mean to him on Twitter fired. He's also threatening to sue the organiser of GDQ unless he returns his badge, which runners like to keep as souvenirs.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 13, 2019, 08:09:46 PM
I love his videos too, and have followed that drama closely. In fact I know a bit too much about speedrun drama, really. Apollo Legend backed him, which emboldened him to make a return to content creation, and he's doing some kind of AMA stream about it soon.

I'm sure you've seen Dark Viper's response to Apollo Legend's video. Apollo was shockingly lazy with this one, and has really fallen off in the last year.

Wherever the leaks come from, ultimately Goose is stupid enough to not only believe this stuff, but to say it on a public* forum with his name attached to it. It's a real shame because, as I said, I like his youtube videos.

* yes, a 'private' dischord, but come on.