Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:35:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oft-forgotten gems from the Mrs. Brown's Boys canon

Started by St_Eddie, January 06, 2019, 11:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

"Ohhh, hello there!  My name's Mrs. Brown and I'm a man pretending to be a woman.  I'm also a man pretending to be a comedian.  I surmise that putting on a dress equates to instant comedy gold.  Have you seen my boys?  For my name is Mrs. Brown and I have some boys, which, believe you me, leads to some absolutely Krazy situations.  That's 'Krazy', with a capital 'K'.  Please laugh.  Please.  Catch it on iPlayer.  For the love of God, please watch.  Please.  I have no soul."

Quite a meta episode, upon reflection.

neveragain

As far as parodies go, there's a lot more stuff you could have picked up on; old stolen jokes, the layering of sentiment and faux-homeliness, the musical numbers, the state of the family's acting, the 'mistakes' and O'Carroll's bullying in response to them. Don't go easy on em Eddie.

St_Eddie

Quote from: neveragain on January 07, 2019, 12:44:09 AM
As far as parodies go, there's a lot more stuff you could have picked up on; old stolen jokes, the layering of sentiment and faux-homeliness, the musical numbers, the state of the family's acting, the 'mistakes' and O'Carroll's bullying in response to them.

All of this supposes that I have watched more than 30 seconds of Mrs. Brown's Boys.  Mercifully, I have not.

Quote from: neveragain on January 07, 2019, 12:44:09 AM
Don't go easy on em Eddie.

Very well.  The thing about Mrs. Brown's Boys is that it uses a lot of old stolen jokes and the layering of sentiment and faux-homeliness is overabundant.  What is more, the musical numbers are the very dearth of entertainment.  As for the family's acting, well; it's a state. Also, the so called 'mistakes' are     
patently forced.

O'Carroll's a bully in a dress.

Maurice Yeatman

Maurice Yeatman

Maurice Yeatman

St_Eddie

Maurice Yeatman

St_Eddie

A prannock in plaid.  A wanker with a wig.  A right floral fuckwit.

Maurice Yeatman

May your God go with you? Your wellies are on the wrong feet!

St_Eddie

famethrowa

She also invented using "feck" instead of "fuck", a brilliant idea that only a mind like Mrs Brown could conceive

madhair60

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 06, 2019, 11:06:38 PM
"Ohhh, hello there!  My name's Mrs. Brown and I'm a man pretending to be a woman."

Wow. And what, pray tell, is wrong with that?

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on January 07, 2019, 08:22:25 AM
Wow. And what, pray tell, is wrong with that?

Somewhere right now, Graham Linehan's spidey sense is tingling.

madhair60

Glinner man, Glinner man
Does whatever a TERF cunt can
Slings around toxic lies
Catches shit from the good guys
Fuck off
I give up rhyming he's a cunt.

Depressed Beyond Tables

I'm not a fan but it appears that this show ages well. It doesn't take itself too seriously so in that respect the criticisms seem to fly into the dirt.

Brundle-Fly

St_Eddie

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on January 08, 2019, 04:29:09 PM
I'm not a fan but it appears that this show ages well. It doesn't take itself too seriously so in that respect the criticisms seem to fly into the dirt.

Fly into the dirt?  Like the fans who watch this show?  They're like flies.  On dirt.  As in flies on shit.  Because the show is shit.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 08, 2019, 06:25:55 PM
Fly into the dirt?  Like the fans who watch this show?  They're like flies.  On dirt.  As in flies on shit.  Because the show is shit.

Yeah I don't know about that. I'm not sure how qualified we are to judge a show on 30 seconds of viewing but I doubt MBB fans are the type to call other fans of comedy 'flies on shit'. They're probably too busy trying to work the defrost setting on the microwave. Probably explains why they're so jolly in the comments too.

Soup Dogg

Screw the haters. This show is bucking hilarious. Don't ever stop. Nothing here offends me and I am american. My wife and I laugh so hard we cry and our belly's hurt. Love it

Blumf

Why is this thread pinned?

I have never watched Mrs. Brown's Boys, I suspect my life has not been lessened by this fact.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Soup Dogg on January 09, 2019, 01:22:47 PM
Screw the haters. This show is bucking hilarious. Don't ever stop. Nothing here offends me and I am american. My wife and I laugh so hard we cry and our belly's hurt. Love it

wrong forum, Dogg/homey/dude

Soup Dogg

Excuse me?

Even though the language is kind of ribald, I have to say that Mrs. Browns Boys is one of the funniest shows that I've seen in a long time. If Brendan Carrol were to bring his troupe to the State of N.H. I would most certainly make sure that I had the money and a way to go and see his show. This program in my opinion is absolutely fabulous. The Rooster has Crowed!!!

St_Eddie

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on January 08, 2019, 07:50:20 PM
Yeah I don't know about that. I'm not sure how qualified we are to judge a show on 30 seconds of viewing but I doubt MBB fans are the type to call other fans of comedy 'flies on shit'.

In retrospect, 'flies on shit' was unnecessarily dismissive towards those who like Mrs. Brown's Boys.  In the interests of bridging the gap and forming good relations between those who enjoy the show and those of us who have taste .  I should hereby care to retract my previous analogy and replace it with 'mentally stunted butterflies on a rancid slice of faux foie gras'.

Never let it be said that I'm not gracious.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Soup Dogg on January 09, 2019, 02:22:54 PM
If Brendan Carrol were to bring his troupe to the State of N.H. I would most certainly make sure that I had the money and a way to go and see his show.

If Brendan O'Carroll we're to bring his troupe to the State of N.H.  I would most certainly make sure that you lot could keep the cunt.

Quote from: Soup Dogg on January 09, 2019, 02:22:54 PM
This program in my opinion is absolutely fabulous.

No, Absolutely Fabulous is a comedy starring Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley.  Whereas, Mrs. Brown's Boys is an affront to comedy starring the Antichrist in a dress.

Soup Dogg

from the US this is the greatest show I've ever watched. never laughed to damn much. would do anything to see it live. love rorey.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Soup Dogg on January 10, 2019, 02:49:40 PM
from the US this is the greatest show I've ever watched. never laughed to damn much. would do anything to see it live. love rorey.

Differentnt strokes for differentnt wankers

chveik

Quote from: Soup Dogg on January 10, 2019, 02:49:40 PM

wait til you see derek to call a show the greatest