Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:19:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Where does one buy bricks?

Started by pancreas, January 07, 2019, 04:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

I want two bricks as my organ bench needs to be raised up. I'm currently using a copy of Wittgenstein's Philosophical Investigations and some Thomas Hardy books, but they are too wobbly even to be useful for this meagre endeavour—thus rendering them completely worthless, not just qua literature.

Cuellar

Building site. Under darkness. Take a couple. What, the children's hospital won't get built if you do that? Get real.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I believe there are some bricks someone left in Görlitz. Maybe try there.

im barry bethel

Skip out the back of Travis Bickle Perkins

Dex Sawash

The funny thing about bricks is as soon as you see it you will shit them. Sort of a masonic perpetual motion.

ziggy starbucks

just make one, you'll need some butter and self raising flour though

Replies From View

Quote from: pancreas on January 07, 2019, 04:13:51 PM
I want two bricks as my organ bench needs to be raised up. I'm currently using a copy of Wittgenstein's Philosophical Investigations and some Thomas Hardy books, but they are too wobbly even to be useful for this meagre endeavour—thus rendering them completely worthless, not just qua literature.

Use the actual hymn books.  It says that is what they are for.

Norton Canes

I want two bricks as my organ bench needs to be raised up. I'm currently using a copy of Wittgenstein's Philosophical Investigations and some Thomas Hardy books

The Mayor Of Casterbridge?

im barry bethel

I want two bricks as my organ doesn't qualify for a vasectomy on the NHS

pancreas

gilbertharding

Presumably you're assuming that bricks are delivered in their thousands, in packs which have to be moved about by forklift trucks - which they are, but Wickes (or other ersatz builders' merchants) will sell you one or two bricks quite happily.

Alternatively, if you have the time to look for them, they can often be acquired for free from skips.

Norton Canes

'Caster'-bridge, you see, because... casters.

Jittlebags

Just get a chisel and a lumphammer, and knock a couple out of the back of your house.

pancreas

Quote from: Jittlebags on January 07, 2019, 04:57:26 PM
Just get a chisel and a lumphammer, and knock a couple out of the back of your house.

Don't be stupid. If you did that, all the rooms would fall out.

Cuellar

'Cause me to come...thoughtfully'

PlanktonSideburns

What floor surface is they going to be on?

If it's a wood floor might a brick scratch it to fuck?

Also have you bought that sofa yet? please don't tell me you've moved onto this brick thing before sorting that out

Endicott

I've got spare in my garden if that helps.

Endicott

Although I realise it's a long way for you to move your bench.

pancreas

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 07, 2019, 05:23:17 PM
What floor surface is they going to be on?

If it's a wood floor might a brick scratch it to fuck?

Also have you bought that sofa yet? please don't tell me you've moved onto this brick thing before sorting that out

I decline to answer in case answering might incriminate me further.

PlanktonSideburns

Your silence speaks a disappointing but informative pamphlet, like one a doctor might hand you.

You should maybe get some wooden plinths rather than a brick:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solid-Hard-wood-Oak-display-bases-and-plinths-many-sizes-wooden-base-/141867916061

The sort of brick you get from a wilco or a home Base is probably going to crack under the pressures of your gyrating, cavorting terry Jones esque rear end, get something a little less savage. If wooden floor then get some little rubber feet for the plinth inni

madhair60

Ridgeons

Cloud

Well I don't  think  you can get them on Amazon, but a brick and mortar store ought to have them

Consignia

PowerButchi

Noonling

If you want lovingly hand crafted ones try Etsy.

Bazooka

Just leave a couple of Jamaican Ginger cakes out in the sun to dry, you have to actively fight of insects during the drying process.

touchingcloth

Which organ?