Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,457
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:53:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glasgow Meetup late January?

Started by ajsmith2, January 08, 2019, 02:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajsmith2

Hi,

my last post about a Glasgow meetup in Dec kind of died a death but a few folk said late January might be more doable for them. How would the weekend of Sat 26th or Sunday 27th suit people?

I'm practically a lurker but I'm also Pal-less of Partick (moved up here from London late last year) so I'd be up for that!

Blinder Data

Blinder Data

Can we make it not in a wetherspoons? Or Mono either, despite tradition - I did not get a good vibe from those trendy vegans the last time

Could go to The Lauriston? Cheap, jukebox, and the unhinged Scottish Daily Mail clippings on the walls of the bar project a deep sense of unhipness daddio.

Blinder Data

Quote from: What Doth Life? on January 11, 2019, 12:26:32 PM
Could go to The Lauriston? Cheap, jukebox, and the unhinged Scottish Daily Mail clippings on the walls of the bar project a deep sense of unhipness daddio.

I have posted before of my love for that place so you have my undying support in this venture

ajsmith2

Sunday 27th in Laurieston should be doable for me. Any more folks interested in that date?

Can make it another weekend say in Feb if there's more interest for then, but let us know what yous think anyhow.

Blinder Data

Hmmm, thinking about it the combination of a Sunday and the Laurieston might not be best for folk if they're getting the subway (last train is at 6)

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: ajsmith2 on January 12, 2019, 03:05:57 PM
Sunday 27th in Laurieston should be doable for me. Any more folks interested in that date?

Can make it another weekend say in Feb if there's more interest for then, but let us know what yous think anyhow.

I can't do 27th January, but I'll be free later on in February if that makes any difference to anyone.

ajsmith2

Cool, maybe reorganise for February then. First weekend in Feb (2nd/3rd) not doable for me, but could do any of the others.

Yep I can do a February weekend, and Sundays are not a problem for me personally - can get a bus or train back in the same time as the subway.

touchingcloth

privatefriend

I'm interested. The Laurieston is a good shout, or Old Toll Bar is also on the subway.

ajsmith2

How would weekend of Feb 9th/10th suit people?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: privatefriend on January 13, 2019, 01:45:19 AM
I'm interested. The Laurieston is a good shout, or Old Toll Bar is also on the subway.

Is the Laurieston actually open Sundays? I tried to go for a pint there a while back around teatime on a Sunday and it was shut.

Feb 9th or 10th works fine for me!

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 18, 2019, 01:56:50 PM
Is the Laurieston actually open Sundays? I tried to go for a pint there a while back around teatime on a Sunday and it was shut.

Google sez Lauriston's 12:30 - 23:00 on Sundays, and I went there on a Sunday last November and it was open - albeit with a few old boys with guitars, so Toll Bar might be better if any of yous hate the sound of Delilah strummed by the elderly.

Blinder Data

I might be able to make it on the 10th. Could be a long shot though. 9th deffoes not. But don't plan around me, best to just nail a date that works for most folk and then others attend if they want to.

Quisby

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 18, 2019, 01:56:50 PM

Was there an Old Firm game on? I've been there a few times when they've just locked the doors to avoid the football punters.

ajsmith2

Hi, sorry to have to resurrect this thread in for a shitey damp squib reason, but for the record in case anyone was it looks like I won't be able to do this weekend after all. Sorry about this, as I'd like to meet again soon, but my recent attempts to get this together have kind of flopped either through others or my own schedule. Should maybe pause on this and retry in the summer. I definitely won't object if anyone else still wants to meet this weekend though, and if you do, let us know where and when of the off chance I might still be able to make it.