Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:29:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glasgow Comedy Festival, March 2019

Started by Blinder Data, January 09, 2019, 02:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quisby

Garrett Millerick - an early start (half twelve) and an audience of ten added to my pretty bad hangover making this less than ideal conditions for enjoyment. He just seemed like a perfectly competent shouty club comedian getting annoyed with Brexit and recycling and safe spaces and Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Found it a bit dull.

Ben Target - it was a work in progress so was all over the place. He's got quite a genial vibe, some nice clowning, chucks in a lot of ideas and odd little bits. But also a fair amount of flaccid whimsy. Wasted a bit of time with going nowhere audience interaction and ran out of time for some of the prepared pieces. The last and largest section involved him reading a story which was devoid of gags and in parts the show seemed more like therapy for him than entertainment for us. Also found the whole show being soundtracked by Paul Simon and Kings of Leon irritating. I like seeing people experimenting but at this stage the experiments are mainly failing.

Quisby

John Luke Roberts - pretty much just him reading some stuff from a notebook to see what played but lots of inventive gags and bizarre ideas, plus some jokes that should have been printed on a wooden ice lolly stick.