Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:29:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Upside

Started by up_the_hampipe, January 09, 2019, 03:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Out on Friday. There's a dark cloud looming over this press tour, as leads Bryan Cranston and Kevin Hart are both batting away Twitter controversies, with Hart answering for his homophobic jokes from several years ago, and Cranston answering critics for his decision to play a quadriplegic character in this movie. Aside from that, I'm somewhat interested. Reviews so far have been lukewarm, but ultimately praising the performances of Hart and Cranston, and I'm intrigued to see Hart playing a more serious role. It's a remake of an apparently brilliant French movie, which has a lot of people annoyed (this whole thing is like a tornado of outrage), but it might still be worthwhile. Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWw7rCHcduQ

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on January 09, 2019, 03:56:42 PM
Cranston answering critics for his decision to play a quadriplegic character in this movie.
I assume someone thinks the role should have gone to a real quadriplegic. Either that or they think he's not being method enough.

I think the real question is how has he managed to follow up Breaking Bad with such an unremarkable film career?

Wet Blanket

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 09, 2019, 04:20:03 PM
I think the real question is how has he managed to follow up Breaking Bad with such an unremarkable film career?

It's evidently very tricky to turn an iconic TV performance into a Hollywood one.  John Hamm hasn't really managed to clamber out of interesting supporting roles. James Gandolfini more or less went back to character parts following The Sopranos. I remember most of the cast of Friends making a go of film careers with only moderate success.