Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:58:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New 65daysofstatic album ahoy!!!

Started by Pingers, January 09, 2019, 08:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pingers

Well, maybe 2019 won't be such a bad year after all. The Facebook tells me that Sheffield Gods of the unclassifiable (and kings of intros/outros) 65daysofstatic are planning an album this year. And that means that, although they don't generally do the whole album/tour process, there will probably be gigs. And a 65daysofstatic gig is a thing to behold.

For those who don't know them, here's a selection charting their evolution over the years, but the main thing to remember is that they are superb live. Listen loud.

I Swallowed Hard Like I Understood

A Failsafe

Crash Tactics

Supermoon

Kane Jones

I loved their last one 'Wild Light'. Will look forward to this one. Cheers for the heads up.

Pingers

Wild Light was the last 'proper' one but did you miss Music For An Infinite Universe? Technically a soundtrack (for PS4 game No Man's Sky) but still proper 65DoS, at their most sci-fi, so obviously great.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Pingers on January 10, 2019, 05:31:28 PM
Wild Light was the last 'proper' one but did you miss Music For An Infinite Universe? Technically a soundtrack (for PS4 game No Man's Sky) but still proper 65DoS, at their most sci-fi, so obviously great.

Yep, that one passed me by. I'll get on that shit, ta.

Pingers

The new album came out towards the end of last year - it's great, unsurprisingly. It does, however, feel like they've broken through into a completely new space, which for a band who have been stretching the limits for years is mightily impressive.

It's not a cheery listen, be warned. The inclusion of 2019 in the title is not without reason - it's an album laced with dread and despair, as well as the rusting hulks we are by now used to. But it is fucking great. They are playing in London, Manchester and Embra in May - it will be sensational.