Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:01:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson 2019

Started by Small Man Big Horse, January 09, 2019, 09:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocolate teapot

Could I have the link please?

cakeinmilk

Does anyone know the date/location for the Stories for a Starlit Sky 2015 recording?

And I think the 'A Preamble' in 2007 - It's the Fireworks Talking is from a different Cardiff Glee Club recording from 2005 instead.

up_the_hampipe

There's a list of Kitson audio in this old thread that have apparently floated about these parts at some point:

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,10292.msg719049.html#msg719049

Many of those have been accounted for in the Drive, but if anyone has any of the others, it would be great to have those added. Comedy Store and Birmingham Glee Club sound good, his club shows are my favourites.

rasta-spouse

Only show that I've never seen floating around is Love, Innocence and the Word Cock, which was the year before he won the Perrier and the bootleg trend started. It's been said that he isn't too proud of that first show, so he may never release it.

lankyguy95

Has there ever been a bootleg of Something, the show he actually won the Perrier for?

rasta-spouse

Yep, it's one of the 2002 recordings but it isn't named as Something.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: rasta-spouse on March 26, 2019, 06:26:04 PM

Where was that? PM me if preferred.

lankyguy95

Quote from: rasta-spouse on March 26, 2019, 06:26:04 PM
I presume that hasn't been uploaded to the link given I can't see it anywhere?

Didn't know that show had ever circulated online.

Tairy_Green

Quote from: dirkgonnadirk on March 26, 2019, 09:26:04 AM
So one bit that is memorable (yet sadly i can't remember the details), was during a midnight edinburgh show at the stand in 2013 (possibly 2012). it was definitely a bit, not improv, where he sprinkled a bunch of puns throughout the show. i feel like they were to do with sailing (?), but that could be completely wrong. i remember stuff like '3! that's 3!', 'FOUR!', 'HE WOULDN'T DO FIVE, WOULD HE???????'. i was extremely tired during this show and as a result not enjoying the whole thing as much as i'd like, but i would love to hear that bit again. haven't seen it anywhere unfortunately.

In deNile?

If it was that, the show called Where Once Was Wonder, from 2012. Same year as As Of (some specific date and time) This Show Has No Title which I've always hoped might have been out there on the interwebs somewhere.

That link would be amazing too please.

hummingofevil

That was the flying to Australian/shaving his beard/cutting a pigs head off show yeah?

Z

Quote from: lankyguy95 on March 26, 2019, 01:51:54 PM
Out of interest, has anyone got part two of the 05/01/06 Brighton Komedia show? There are definitely two parts but I lost the second at some point a few years ago I think.
Isn't the second part just Weltenshaunng?

lankyguy95

Quote from: Z on March 26, 2019, 09:30:32 PM
Isn't the second part just Weltenshaunng?
It is yeah. But I remember there was Q+A at the end of this specific one.

dirkgonnadirk

Quote from: Tairy_Green on March 26, 2019, 06:54:37 PM
In deNile?

If it was that, the show called Where Once Was Wonder, from 2012. Same year as As Of (some specific date and time) This Show Has No Title

yes! correct on all counts. i enjoyed the show at the traverse.

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 26, 2019, 09:20:46 PM
That was the flying to Australian/shaving his beard/cutting a pigs head off show yeah?

yep. i was sat on the next to back row at the stand and remember jimmy carr sneaking in late, sitting behind us and doing his 'fake' laugh throughout the entire show.

godber

Please can I have the link too? 😀

AzureSky

Yet another request for the link the link please..

I have some shows already, if there are any missing I will reciprocate.

Ta.

hummingofevil

Quote from: dirkgonnadirk on March 26, 2019, 09:52:07 PM
yes! correct on all counts. i enjoyed the show at the traverse.

yep. i was sat on the next to back row at the stand and remember jimmy carr sneaking in late, sitting behind us and doing his 'fake' laugh throughout the entire show.

Oh that is brutal. One of life's rare treats but in the presence of a cunt. I sat next to Russell Howard at a Kitson gig once and he was very nice (and surprisingly buff).

up_the_hampipe

What's the point of Jimmy Carr sneaking in if he's going to do his recognisable honk the whole time?

AzureSky

Rhod Gilbert sat behind me at the Stand in Edinburgh for Where Once Was Wonder in 2012, which is the best show I've seen Kitson do.

I saw him (Rhod) again coming out of the Comedy Cellar in New York in 2015, so he has the unusual distinction of me seeing him twice at comedy shows without seeing his actual stand up..

hummingofevil

Sue Perkins was in filming when Brigit Christie was doing her prize winning show but was busy when people were coming in so didnt  get a chair. She decided to sit on the floor by my feet. I get really flustered about whether to offer her my seat or not. Would I look like I thought she was old? Was I being a bad feminist by letting a woman sit on the floor or a worse one by offering her my seat? So I didn't. Stayed where I was.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Dineen on March 26, 2019, 11:13:29 PM
Rhod Gilbert sat behind me at the Stand in Edinburgh for Where Once Was Wonder in 2012, which is the best show I've seen Kitson do.

Would love to hear a recording of this one if anyone has it.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on March 26, 2019, 11:09:46 PM
What's the point of Jimmy Carr sneaking in if he's going to do his recognisable honk the whole time?

Non-facetious answer is that, as with Russell Howard, they're buddies.

I was stood near Adam Hills one night in The Stand when Kitson threatened to club him to death with his own wooden leg.

If someone DMs me the link I think I may have one show that isn't in super-wide circulation.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on March 26, 2019, 04:36:12 PM
There's a list of Kitson audio in this old thread that have apparently floated about these parts at some point:

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,10292.msg719049.html#msg719049

QuoteDue to Ms. Gonzo washing her hair (on a business trip to Dublin), I've got a spare ticket going to next Tuesday's show at the Edinburgh Stand (and, erm, one to Rob Deering beforehand (bought to prevent sitting in a pub for 4 hours beforehand and getting sozzled on a schoolnight) if anyone wants 'em.

Give us a shout.

This post from 12 years ago is baffling to me. Rob Deering?

Replies From View

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on March 29, 2019, 08:42:56 PM
This post from 12 years ago is baffling to me. Rob Deering?

Your uncle.

Benjaminos

One more request for the link here too, please. Ta!

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on March 29, 2019, 08:26:57 PM
Non-facetious answer is that, as with Russell Howard, they're buddies.

I meant the aspect of him sneaking in. Presumably he's doing that thing a lot of celebs do by sneaking in as the lights go down so they're not noticed, but everyone would recognise his honk.

This collection is wonderful for someone like me who missed the golden age of Kitson recordings. Thanks to everyone who is contributing. Praying there's another Late N Live audio out there, but it's unlikely. Kitson is at his best in that environment, although I'm sure he's probably deeply ashamed of some of the things he's said there.

jake thunder

I've got a recording of a circa 2010 stand up show where kitson kicked my mate out for talking somewhere. I'll dig it out at some point.

sponk

Quote from: jake thunder on March 30, 2019, 06:33:27 PM
I've got a recording of a circa 2010 stand up show where kitson kicked my mate out for talking somewhere. I'll dig it out at some point.

cacciaguida

can i put in a request for the link too please. ta.

Could I request the link too, please?