Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,482
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:06:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Deadly Class (2019 - SyFy)

Started by surreal, January 10, 2019, 11:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surreal

Picked up on this yesterday when I was looking for some new genre stuff to watch.  Only the pilot has been shown so far but it starts properly next week I think.

Based on a graphic novel, it's set in 1987.  It comes across like Hogwarts for assassins, deviant teenagers being taught how to fight and kill.  It is however one of the best looking pilots for something comic based I've seen in a long time, they have the feel just right and it seems like it's going to be a lot of fun if they keep it up.  Features Benedict Wong, Lana Condor and Henry Rollins(!).

Trailer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_V5jQgdS9U

Dex Sawash

I'll have a go, I do like a bit of Wong

Mister Six

Benedict Wong? Henry Rollins?! Yeah, all right.

Dex Sawash

Saw first two. Looks very good and well made, a but juvenile at times. Has a bit of comic bookness what I hated in the Scot Pilgrim film. Brian Posehn was fun in the 2nd one. Not enough Wong.

VelourSpirit

Really enjoyed the first episode. Looks really cinematic, actually. I know people say that about TV all the time but rarely do I actually think 'this looks like a film'. Didn't expect that from a Syfy thing.