Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:02:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is the house really a Japanese restaurant?

Started by confettiinmyhair, January 10, 2019, 12:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This popped up in the local daily. House or Restaurant? I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/orlando-williams-japanese-restaurant-norwich-1-5845867

Cuellar

Quote"I was a bit peeved off because it is a nice residential area around here."

But now there's a restaurant. It's the last days of Rome.

Paul Calf

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 10, 2019, 12:52:57 PM
私の裏庭でそれをしないでくださいbys

Racist.

Most of the complaints seem to be about the fact that he didn't get planning permission to "be" a restaurant ("hello, I am Orlando Williams and I am a restaurant...not a Japanese restaurant, though - that is wrong").  Whenever a new non-English place opens round our way, we throw a little party, not rush to the local news and Council and complain about someone surreptitiously turning themselves into a restaurant.

"Eat what you want from off my naked body, just like they do in Japan.  But I'm STILL not a Japanese restaurant.  That is wrong."

I'm gonna book a table for tonight and then just turn up at his house anyway and order some tempura.

Dex Sawash

Surrounded by tempura exclusionary residential f

Icehaven

Are all local newsaper sites designed by the same company or is it just coincidence that they all have a screen covering pop-up about cookies that won't go away and crashes my bloody computer?
Anyway right at the end it says it's about to get planning approval to be a B&B, which I suspect was a use more likely to be approved than a restaurant. Sushi for breakfast anyone? Go to love that picture of him too, the butter-wouldn't-melt expression and the suspicious pinny.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: icehaven on January 10, 2019, 01:15:50 PM
Sushi for breakfast anyone?

Absolutely.  Problem is it never fills me up.  I've spent £40 to £50 on sushi and sashimi before now, and still left hungry.  I fucking love it, but have it rarely.  Maybe Orlando is the man to fill me up with sushi?

Captain Z

Lordofthefiles

<Arthur Lee considers song title alteration>

Shit Good Nose

Paul Calf

Bazooka

How does nobody know? If you walk in, is there Japanese food being served? If its a house, surely you can't just walk in for a dabble of tempura.

Icehaven

Quote from: Bazooka on January 11, 2019, 10:53:45 AM
How does nobody know? If you walk in, is there Japanese food being served? If its a house, surely you can't just walk in for a dabble of tempura.

He seems to have got round that by applying for permission to be a B&B, just one in which you can sit at a table and be served Japanese food for an additional cost.