Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:37:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

DON'T LIE DOWN ON BOMBS

Started by Blue Jam, January 10, 2019, 05:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Hello Dutch people reading this, here is an important public service announcement:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46828770

Quote"It is strictly ill-advised to lie down on a bomb. The best thing to do if you come across an explosive device is keep your distance and call the police."

Replies From View

QuoteNearby residents were evacuated and the device proved harmless. The man was treated for symptoms of hypothermia.

Hypothermia doesn't cause people to lie on bombs does it?

Blue Jam

QuoteThe man came across an unexploded World War Two device while gardening in the town of Venlo on Wednesday.

When it started whistling he covered it with his body

I reckon the bomb wolf-whistled at him and he just took that as a come-on and decided to give the bomb a damn good rogering.

Alberon

Political correctness gone mad! Lying on unexploded bombs never did me any harm! When I was a nipper me and my friends were forever having kips on dud Nazi bombs and we were only occasionally reduced to a spray of blood and gore.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Maybe they're very posessive. "It's mine!" they say.

Golden E. Pump

Captain Z

Unbelievable. Another reason we need to get out now.

Sherman Krank

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 10, 2019, 05:52:56 PM
I reckon the bomb wolf-whistled at him and he just took that as a come-on and decided to give the bomb a damn good rogering.
I read somewhere it had taken to wearing a long blonde wig and a low cut top.
Apparently it was a real bombshell.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Replies From View

How I learned to stop worrying and lie down on bombs.

touchingcloth

I'm glad it didn't explode. It would have made a mess, killed an unusual man, and we'd have never had found out that that man had lain down on a bomb for hours.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 10, 2019, 10:12:44 PM
I'm glad it didn't explode. It would have made a mess, killed an unusual man, and we'd have never had found out that that man had lain down on a bomb for hours.

Somebody might have survived to tell the tale.

touchingcloth

Things that made Barry Bomb Bed's mates not want to hang round with him any more:

• Pissed on the barbecue to prevent it from burning down the garden fence and "save water". But before the sausages were served.
  • Recycling bog roll. As napkins.
  • Demolishing his house. So an earthquake couldn't.

I don't think anyone would have been around to tell the story.

Attila

Likewise, people are being asked not to drive while blindfolded.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46846981