Author Topic: Machynlleyh Comedy Festival 2019  (Read 1728 times)

Re: Machynlleyh Comedy Festival 2019
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2019, 08:55:57 PM »
Made my Saturday 9:00 decision. Panic-bought KPM tickets after they announced on Twitter that there were only a few left. Getting proper excited now it's just over a month away.

Shit.

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2019, 09:10:00 PM »
Still some left it looks like - my panicking was premature. Get on it!

EDIT: 25 left, according to Twitter.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 09:39:27 PM by BritishHobo »

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2019, 10:03:22 PM »
Thanks. Booked! Right, better get on with the rest of them.

Does anyone else find the browsing / layout of the site a bit unmanageable? Might as well complain about something.

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2019, 12:25:00 AM »
Yeah it's really annoying. I'm pretty much fully booked up now. Doing everything in blocks of threes with a few hours off in between/ take a punt on something. Can't wait.

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2019, 11:26:23 AM »
Current dilemma: Great British Mysteries or Mike Wozniak at 2pm Saturday?

Any thoughts. Any constructive thoughts?

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2019, 12:21:49 PM »
That decision has been taken out of my hands. Seeing GBM.

Was hoping Rachel Fairburn was playing as would be really interested to see her. Turns out I've been looking past her everytime I've scrolled through and she's sold out now. Piss.

BritishHobo

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2019, 12:27:30 PM »
Looks like the last six shows they announced are officially the last six English-language ones. There's just kid's shows (being announced today) and some more Welsh-language shows (which I'm still a pathetically long way away from being able to understand).

Time to start filling in my gaps, now I know there's no Gittins or Liam Williams to hold out for.

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2019, 12:55:45 PM »
Just scrolled back and seen your recommendation / praise for Steffan Alun BritishHobo so you've swung me to get a ticket.

Anyone seeing Lou Sanders? Am in two minds at the moment.

Cerys

• Bionic-Arsed
  • Golden Member
  • Cyber Engineered Ravaged Yakking System
    • The Brainwrongs of Cerys
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2019, 09:01:14 PM »
I suggested that my parents might like to go and see Jonny and the Baptists.  My mum pointed out that going to see them was unnecessary - my parents will be able to hear them from the comfort of their own living room if they open the windows.

BritishHobo

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2019, 12:57:11 PM »
Nice. I often wonder what residents think of the festival - especially last year, when the cunt contingent was really high. I wonder if there's much of a relationship between the organisers and the town the rest of the year.

I really hope you enjoy it, paruses! I took a punt on him a few years ago based on the blurb for his Time Capsule show, and loved him since. Just a warm, affable, very funny, satisfying storyteller. I could gush a lot more but I won't right now, for fear of overhyping.

It's come around so quick again. Need to fill in some gaps. Nabbed a ticket for the Friday Y Plas Showcase. Might make that my only Friday show. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2019, 01:14:55 PM »
Finally got sorted.

Friday: Sara Barron, Ray Badren, Showcase
Saturday: Lucy Pearman WIP, Tom Parry, Kat Sadler, Kat Bond, Jordan Brookes, John-Luke Roberts, Glang Show
Sunday: Phil Kay, Lucy Pearman Fruitloop, Luke McQueen, Seymour Mace and Friends, Laura Lexx, Rosie Jones, Marcel Lucont show

Tried to avoid to avoid the cunt-magnet shows as much as possible, but even Ed Azcel had a wanker last year who wouldn't stop interjecting.

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2019, 01:28:39 PM »
Just scrolled back and seen your recommendation / praise for Steffan Alun BritishHobo so you've swung me to get a ticket.

Anyone seeing Lou Sanders? Am in two minds at the moment.

Just seen this. Her Shame Pig 2018 show was very good and I would recommend it highly so go and see it.

I'm not entirely sure if her new show The Face That Launched A Thousand Dicks (LOL) is a WIP or close to being finished but I do think she suffers from being someone whose shows can be awful in WIP until they come together as a magically decent final piece. I'm waiting till Edinburgh to go see it where I am sure it will be very good.

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2019, 01:29:44 PM »
Nice. I often wonder what residents think of the festival - especially last year, when the cunt contingent was really high. I wonder if there's much of a relationship between the organisers and the town the rest of the year.

I really hope you enjoy it, paruses! I took a punt on him a few years ago based on the blurb for his Time Capsule show, and loved him since. Just a warm, affable, very funny, satisfying storyteller. I could gush a lot more but I won't right now, for fear of overhyping.

It's come around so quick again. Need to fill in some gaps. Nabbed a ticket for the Friday Y Plas Showcase. Might make that my only Friday show. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Lie AAP I'm taking a punt on Sara Barron on the Friday. https://machcomedyfest.co.uk/show/2019/sara-barron-work-in-progress/

BritishHobo

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2019, 04:06:42 PM »
Tried to avoid to avoid the cunt-magnet shows as much as possible, but even Ed Azcel had a wanker last year who wouldn't stop interjecting.

I wonder what it was last year. Is it just an inevitable result of the festival getting bigger?

Think I may leave my plan as it is below, and just see if anything else looks good on the weekend, or if I really like someone at the showcase who happens to have unsold tickets in one of me slots. If the weekend's nice (or even if it's not) I really want to explore the area a bit as well.

The question mark is because I'm on a waitlist.

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2019, 04:12:49 PM »
I wonder what it was last year. Is it just an inevitable result of the festival getting bigger?

That, and because it was a sunny bank holiday weekend with lots of drinking.

I'm probably going overboard with the amount of wankers there.  It was only three shows from my fourteen last year that had dickheads disrupt the show.  But that's three more than the combined total of shows in the previous five years (70 or so?), so I'm bound to notice it.

BritishHobo

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2019, 10:06:47 PM »
You're not alone. When I think back, it was only three or four shows that suffered, but the atmosphere felt a bit weird the whole weekend.

Saying that, I got chatting to a lot more people last year, lotd of friendly people in shows and on the campsite, so it all evens out.

The full programme is now available to download.